Runtime Error and Crashing issues.

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Keith

Runtime Error and Crashing issues.

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:23 am

I've been trying to edit the WL map in the editor for the map I'm working on, however I don't get very far before the editor simply closes and back at the desktop or I get Widows critical error alert wave sound and runtime error message sometimes popsup once I get back to the desktop via the ESC key.

I'm using the lower nile WL map, and trying follow the steps in the editor manual on placing a new activation site on the WL map. I clicked near the Nile Detal main junction where I wanted to place the site, and the game gave me a the windows critical error alert sound, and the editor stopped responding although all the things on the map editing portion of the screen were still visible. By clicking the Esc key the screen would vanish and I am able to see my desktop where a Runtime error message pops up.

At other times when I click on the map the editor simply closes.

This seems to some sort of strange issue with the location I want to put my site on, which is anywhere near the delta. If I click a little futher down (up?) the river away from the delta the site appears fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FieryDove

Postby FieryDove » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:29 am

All I can say is save often. I can get a site where I need it to go, however it might take a few tries. :confused:

Lenny Eusebi

Postby Lenny Eusebi » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:55 pm

If you are using the move checkbox, you should be a careful about editing other things in the site's text at the same time. It is usually best to check the move box, click where you want the site to go, then uncheck the box and hit replace. This prevents it from switching sites on you mid-move, which may cause problems if you had edited anything other than location.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:57 pm

Lenny Eusebi wrote:If you are using the move checkbox, you should be a careful about editing other things in the site's text at the same time. It is usually best to check the move box, click where you want the site to go, then uncheck the box and hit replace. This prevents it from switching sites on you mid-move, which may cause problems if you had edited anything other than location.

My problem is that the editor crashes when I click on the map to move the site the first time. I don't get a chance to uncheck the move box.

It only seems to do this if I click anywhere near the Nile Delta on the lower egypt world map.

Matt Zimmitti

Postby Matt Zimmitti » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:47 pm

Keith: Could you PM that scenario to me? I'll take a look at what is going on and see if we can get the issue worked out.

~Z

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:02 pm

The PM function doesn't have an attachment feature. Neither does the board email function. PM me your email and I'll send it through normal email.

I overwrote that scenario save file when I had problems getting some terrain I wanted, but the second one I'm working on does the same thing. I open the world level map, set the map I want for lower egypt, select new activation site, check the MOVE box, and when I click on the map near the delta it crashes to the desktop.

Return to “Editing”