Lesson Five -- Intro to World Level

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:08 pm

Lengo67 wrote:"b) Check Active, Our City and Carryover"

I don't see a checkbox or anything that says "our city". Where is this?

Azeem can give you much help in this area, Lengo67, but if I recall correctly, this guide is a little vague where creating your city is concerned, and I believe there is a special step necessary to create the home city for a scenario, that escapes me presently.

Once that is done properly, the 'Our City' checkbox is present on the display. Unfortunately, I can't tell you right now how to get it to show up. I'm sure one of the more experienced designers will come along and tell you the answer.

Good luck!

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:15 am

sitearm wrote:Matt: You left out how to get to the point where you can add "Our City".

I THINK it's to select "new scenario" AFTER clicking world level
Lengo67, post #3 from sitearm quoted here answers your question. When you begin the world level, you have to select new scenario. :)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:41 am

Jimaaten wrote:Lengo67, post #3 from sitearm quoted here answers your question.

Guess it's not so vague after all! :eek:

Acu-Ra

Postby Acu-Ra » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:21 pm

I noticed that the "Stele" or "Obelisk" is available before the site is actually open. Anyone know why that would be? I mean in the test play I could build a commemorative object commemorating something I have yet to achieve!

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:07 am

Not sure I understand your post, but if you are making a scenario, make sure "Active" is un-checked on world map.

With trigger conditions and effects, Open and Active are the same. You can have a hidden (Invisible) site that is open.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:14 pm

Yes, that seems about right, tomnobles. If you make a propaganda site and forget to deactivate it before testing, you will be able to place the obelisk or stele base from the start of the game.

Acu-Ra

Postby Acu-Ra » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:43 am

Well, I checked and rechecked the setting...suddenly it started working as expected. I cannot be certain what I actually did. Thanks.

I fully understand the reply you provided and it does make sense (which in and of it self is excellent). Seems odd I would miss that though.

I spent hours trying to fully grasp how the triggers responded and react. I have managed to get there though, now. Hopefully, it will be smooth sailing.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Oh, another thing that could cause a problem is triggers. If you want to upload a copy of your scenario to here, or PM me with it as an attachment, I can take a look tonight.

Sometimes, with triggers, I set one that will be turned on later in a scenario by another trigger. Unfortunately, if I forget to set the condition, or delete the condition on which it depended, the trigger condition will default to "Always On." So that trigger will fire right at the beginning of the scenario, as long as there is not a delay set.

So what I do, often, is make a series of triggers that are dependent upon earlier triggers, and either forget to set the conditions, or mess up the timers and such. That can make for some nasty debugging. :p

EDIT: Ah. This must be the one you posted, so you must have figured it out. :D

Acu-Ra

Commemorating the future

Postby Acu-Ra » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:05 am

"Yahya" wrote:Oh, another thing that could cause a problem is triggers. If you want to upload a copy of your scenario to here, or PM me with it as an attachment, I can take a look tonight.

Yes, I already uploaded it, and got it working. Thanks. I think I had psychic powers set to max.. :D

Return to “Editing”