Alexandria Scenarios

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
CatMajik

Alexandria Scenarios

Postby CatMajik » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:42 pm

Is there anyway to tell which user created scenarios are for Alexandria without going through all of them?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:12 pm

No there isn't, sorry.

I have asked that scenariomakers post in their opening threads which COTN version they used.

If a higher version than you have, you will find the scenario/game save loads half-way, then crashes.

We don't have very many Alexandria at all (less than five, I think), so all of the older threads are mainly v1.20, with more recent v1.3.01.

Every scenario plays using Alexandria, just that the Great Works will be turned off (unless you use the Editor to turn them back on).
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:49 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:No there isn't, sorry.

I have asked that scenariomakers post in their opening threads which COTN version they used.

If a higher version than you have, you will find the scenario/game save loads half-way, then crashes.

We don't have very many Alexandria at all (less than five, I think), so all of the older threads are mainly v1.20, with more recent v1.3.01.

Every scenario plays using Alexandria, just that the Great Works will be turned off (unless you use the Editor to turn them back on).

Thank you Tinkerbell, how do I use the editor to turn on the great works? It is hard to do?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Check out my thread in the Editing section...

How to Enable Great Works

Good Luck! :)

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:17 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Check out my thread in the Editing section...

How to Enable Great Works

Good Luck! :)

That looks rather scary to me :eek:
I'll just download your Son of Ra. Thank you. Should I ever get brave, then I would do this with each scn I want the great works in?

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Yes, you can enable them in every scenario. But you have to make sure that the ressources to build them are available, too, else you can only place the construction site but it will never be finished.
You can, however, take care of that too with the editor ;) Just report back if you have problems and we'll guide you through this, too.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:50 am

"sakasiru" wrote:Yes, you can enable them in every scenario. But you have to make sure that the ressources to build them are available, too, else you can only place the construction site but it will never be finished.
You can, however, take care of that too with the editor ;) Just report back if you have problems and we'll guide you through this, too.

Thank you :D

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Hey Tinkerball, I started you "Son of Ra - Alexander". :D Awesome :D

Perhaps you might like to do another scenario w/ the great works????

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm glad you are enjoying it! Thankx! :)

Alizeefan

Postby Alizeefan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:12 pm

"CatMajik" wrote:That looks rather scary to me :eek:
I'll just download your Son of Ra. Thank you. Should I ever get brave, then I would do this with each scn I want the great works in?

Hi, i looked at all the pages of the user scenario's and i can't find Son of Ra.

Can somebody give me a link?

Thanks

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:57 pm

It is in the Alexandria download. This must be purchased from Steam. Some of our more adventerous modders made scenarios for this add-on.

Alizeefan

Postby Alizeefan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:05 am

I have a boxed copy of COTN and Alexandria from gamersgate and now i have to buy a scenario from Steam. Dos this work?

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:28 pm

My boxed copy from Sierra has the Alexandria from Steam installed. Unless, Gamersgate did something to the game in the box to change it somehow, you should have no problem.

At worst you can get both COTN and Alexandria together from Steam for around $13.

I see that GamersGate has Alexandria addon for $6.

If you buy any addon, be sure that the language version of the addon matches that of the game. A U.S. and U.K. english versions are considered seperate language versions and won't install on the other game.

Steam adds it's console menu to your computer, so you browse and shop STEAM games from there, join community chats, chat with other players while playing the game, and it also removes the need to start the game with the DVD in the drive.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:57 pm

"Alizeefan" wrote:I have a boxed copy of COTN and Alexandria from gamersgate and now i have to buy a scenario from Steam. Dos this work?

I didn't know you could get a boxed edition with Alexandria. I really don't like the download idea. May I ask how much the box version was?

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Gamersgate sells what they call an "enhanced" version of Children of the Nile which seems to include Alexandria in the box. I could be wrong.

I never liked the idea of downloading games for pay. I still like the idea of a box, a manual, and a disc. One nice thing with Steam is that you don't run the risk of losing the disc or having it get damaged.

I had a game from Sierra installed on my system way back when from Sierra when Steam was just getting started. The only way to upgrade the game was through Steam. Steams system then was quirky and I had some problems with it. I did manage to get the download and install it for the game. I uninstalled Steam then.

However, when COTN's Alexandria came out on Steam I had no choice but to reinstall Steam. When I logged in with my old user name and password and it worked. On the list of games Steam currently showed in my account was that old game I had upgraded. I could reinstall the game again from there, if I chose to. This was a good 6-7 years after I had stopped playing and uninstalled the game.

The Steam setup now is more user friendly and seems to work quite well. They have a pretty good library of games to buy too.

Alizeefan

Postby Alizeefan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:39 pm

"CatMajik" wrote:I didn't know you could get a boxed edition with Alexandria. I really don't like the download idea. May I ask how much the box version was?

I did'nt say it right. I bought the box in a store and later on i got Alexandria to download from Gamersgate.

I do have an account on Steam for other games, like" Empire Total War" and a few more.

Janmar

Re:

Postby Janmar » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:52 am

CatMajik wrote:Hey Tinkerball, I started you "Son of Ra - Alexander". :D Awesome :D

Tink - I never saw Son of Ra - Alexander in any downloads. Did you make this and if so do you have a copy to make available for download?

Tinkerbell

Re: Re:

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:35 am

Janmar wrote:
CatMajik wrote:Hey Tinkerball, I started you "Son of Ra - Alexander". :D Awesome :D

Tink - I never saw Son of Ra - Alexander in any downloads. Did you make this and if so do you have a copy to make available for download?

Howdy Janmar! Son of Ra is one of the sandbox scenarios that come with any version of the game. You find it in the Play a Scenario option of the game. The version with great works enabled is hand-made conversion made by following my instructions in this thread. The link in the post above no longer works.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24488

We can no longer upload scenarios to this forum, sorry.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”