Abydos

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
thegrad

Abydos

Postby thegrad » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:13 pm

This is a fictional scenario of the adventures on the life of Pharaoh Djer.
Any historical facts are coincidental.

Enjoy the Hippo Water Ballet. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thegrad on Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: update to file

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:32 pm

Thank you so much, Grad! :) :) :)

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:37 pm

MarkDuffy wrote:Thank you so much, Grad! :) :) :)

I sure hope you enjoy this one as you can see it took awhile to get the bugs worked out. :)

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:17 pm

Looks GREAT, Grad! Can't wait to see 'em Dance!!! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thegrad

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:14 am

MarkDuffy wrote:Looks GREAT, Grad! Can't wait to see 'em Dance!!! :D

Remember it is a water ballet. :)

tjgoldstein

Done baby... done!

Postby tjgoldstein » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:58 am

I loved this scenario....

The map is great and very well set out. There were just enough traders to satisfy me, although, there could be 100 traders and I'd still want more.. lol. The military aspect wasn't too demanding and was enjoyable.

The condition of at least 6 large oblisks to win was a good idea as well... meant I had to take my time in trying to get them all.

Now, I would post my winning screen below but I don't know how to do that... any advice anyone?

Great scenario... looking forward to the next one.

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:43 pm

tjgoldstein wrote:Now, I would post my winning screen below but I don't know how to do that... any advice anyone?
When you are writing your post, if you scroll down the screen there is a heading called Additional Options. (You can also get there in an existing post by pressing edit and then the Go Advanced button.) One of these is Attach Files. Click on the Manage Attachments button. A new window will open. Under the "Upload File from your Computer" option, click on Browse to find the file on your computer that you want to post. Once you have the path, click on upload and wait. (There are some restrictions on the sizes of different files.) Close the window once its uploaded and submit as usual. :)

thegrad

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:37 pm

Jimaaten wrote:When you are writing your post, if you scroll down the screen there is a heading called Additional Options. (You can also get there in an existing post by pressing edit and then the Go Advanced button.) One of these is Attach Files. Click on the Manage Attachments button. A new window will open. Under the "Upload File from your Computer" option, click on Browse to find the file on your computer that you want to post. Once you have the path, click on upload and wait. (There are some restrictions on the sizes of different files.) Close the window once its uploaded and submit as usual. :)

Thank you Jimaaten for the help in posting win screens. I love to see them.
Congrats to TJGoldstein on the win. I am working on another game. :)

texasmine

Nicely done on Abydos

Postby texasmine » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:18 am

Nice job on this scenario...only one minor hitch: had a large balsalt statue in cargo drop off. When I placed cult temple to be constructed, the statue was delivered b/4 any bricks. I had get another after building complete. Really enjoyed the hippos.

tjgoldstein

Thanks for the info!

Postby tjgoldstein » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:22 am

Thanks for the instructions on how to attach my win screen, very much appreciated. That bit I had figured out.

However, how do I actually save my win screen during the game? I know that there is a 'snapshot' option but where does the actual snap shot go if you click on it?

Thanks again

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:31 pm

tjgoldstein wrote:However, how do I actually save my win screen during the game? I know that there is a 'snapshot' option but where does the actual snap shot go if you click on it?

Snapshots are a bit tricky in COTN, Tjgoldstein.

PRINT SCREEN or F9 takes a snapshot. SHIFT+ F9 w/o interface. (Manual back inside cover). I only take full screen with interface using PRINT SCREEN key.

Especially in a HUGE map/population lag city, you need to wait until the cursor disappears & reappears to complete the process. The image takes while the cursor is gone. For important snapshots, I take two.

Reload your win save, hit the Scenario Info button & you will get a new win screen. Take two.

You will find them in your computer's COTN folder. D:/Program Files/Tilted Mill/Children of the Nile/Snapshots is my pathway. Open that folder first to find the snapshot number. You will need the number for Managing Attachments posting process. I have my Snapshot folder set to Thumbnails in the Windows View Option. Helps! :)

Jimaaten

Postby Jimaaten » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:30 pm

MarkDuffy wrote:Open that folder first to find the snapshot number. You will need the number for Managing Attachments posting process. I have my Snapshot folder set to Thumbnails in the Windows View Option. Helps! :)
I usually copy the ones I want to the desktop and delete the copies afterwards. Then I don't have to write down or remember any numbers. :p (I have the snapshot folder set to filmstrip.)

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:41 pm

Jimaaten wrote:I usually copy the ones I want to the desktop and delete the copies afterwards. Then I don't have to write down or remember any numbers. :p (I have the snapshot folder set to filmstrip.)

I don't have a filmstrip! Professionals. :rolleyes:

thegrad

update

Postby thegrad » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:08 pm

MarkDuffy wrote:I don't have a filmstrip! Professionals. :rolleyes:

I have finally found the way to put the goal's into the scenario interface. This scenario is not is not a difficult one but it does have some suprises.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:28 pm

Whoops ~ Sorry Grad, I forgot to go back & play this one. Will dl the new version first!

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:35 pm

MarkDuffy wrote:Whoops ~ Sorry Grad, I forgot to go back & play this one. Will dl the new version first!

thanks, I know you will give me your honest opinon on how I can improve my games.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:01 am

Uh-oh... :o I forgot to download the new version. :eek:

Anyway, very nice, Grad. A little of everything. The large map produced no lag ever. I loved the World Map, but it was a bit easy. Perhaps triple the opening requirements & upkeep (keep at only one envoy) & the battles.

When I looked for the quarries, I couldn't find them. I look along the map's edge. Then, when I placed my city & my first Overseer to find them ... Wow, was I pleasantly surprized! :D

I loved it! Thank you, Grad! :) This is a scenario everyone should download & play! Lots of resourses, plenty of villagers & a HUGE area to build beautiful cities. Not mine of course. LOTS to do on the World Map!

PS ~ I hate pyramids, but I built one for you! ;)
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

thegrad

Thank You

Postby thegrad » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:34 pm

MarkDuffy wrote:Uh-oh... :o I forgot to download the new version. :eek:

Anyway, very nice, Grad. A little of everything. The large map produced no lag ever. I loved the World Map, but it was a bit easy. Perhaps triple the opening requirements & upkeep (keep at only one envoy) & the battles.

When I looked for the quarries, I couldn't find them. I look along the map's edge. Then, when I placed my city & my first Overseer to find them ... Wow, was I pleasantly surprized! :D

I loved it! Thank you, Grad! :) This is a scenario everyone should download & play! Lots of resourses, plenty of villagers & a HUGE area to build beautiful cities. Not mine of course. LOTS to do on the World Map!

PS ~ I hate pyramids, but I built one for you! ;)

Mark, Thank you for your kind words. It is great to get feed back on the games. :D

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:48 pm

I certainly have a minor problem here. Did everything that was required and even more lol. Defeated the Nubians, opened the required 3 trade routes (actually opened everything on the WM) and erected more than 9 Grand Obelisks (did all 10). So where is my victory screen? I know there should be one, saw Mark's, so where's mine?
I can live without it but would like to see it though. :o :D

(There are ten Obelisks, one isn't shown in the pic.)

edit/ Went back to the game, took one more pic of my messages there. Hope this helps you. The one who asked will know. ;)
Last edited by Kiya on Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:11 am

Kiya, perhaps some suggestions. First, I played Grad's original download & this one downloadable today is an update, I believe.

Second, some scenario makers have troubles with numbers triggers. I believe I won mine with only 9 Grand Obelisks complete (#9 is what triggered my win) & finished the tenth along with the tiny pyramid on continue play. You can see the pyramid under construction in my win screen & the different dates on my images. Your World Map looks exactly like mine.

Make sure all sites are open (especially Goal cities) & delete Grand Obelisk number 10, so you only have nine. See what happens.

There was some scenario with a "Greater than X" Large Estate goal. People who had too many didn't get a win screen until they deleted some & got down to X, I believe.
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”