Abydos

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
thegrad

Thanks

Postby thegrad » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:21 pm

Thank you for your feedback, it really helps. Traders can be turned off when you have enough of the products. Again I thank you and Lioness for playing the game. :) :) :)

McCullough91

Call me an *******...

Postby McCullough91 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:12 pm

I took a look at Abydos through the HG site, where I do all my work with CotN. Forgive me, but I found this scenairo to be rather un-enagaging mainly due to the map... It's just a big blank blob :( . Why not try working on smaller maps so you can pay more attention to making the details?

I found most else to be tolerable... But perhaps still in need of some work.

thegrad

thanks

Postby thegrad » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:54 pm

Welcome to the Tilted Mill Community McCullough91. Thank you for the interest in my games :) . I am greatfull for your feedback. I am working on a new game, I hope you will enjoy it. :D :D

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:38 pm

Pay no attention to nay-sayers, Grad. Your scenarios are excellent.

Did I hear correctly? A new one is coming? HOOT !!! :D

McCullough91 wrote:Call me an *******... I took a look at Abydos through the HG site, where I do all my work with CotN.

Unfortunately, just when I thought HeavenGames had done some improving, they send another cusser. Weird.
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:22 pm

McCullough91 wrote:I took a look at Abydos through the HG site, where I do all my work with CotN. Forgive me, but I found this scenairo to be rather un-enagaging mainly due to the map... It's just a big blank blob :( . Why not try working on smaller maps so you can pay more attention to making the details?

I found most else to be tolerable... But perhaps still in need of some work.

Welcome to the TM community, McCollough91. :) Some user-created scenarios have big open spaces for ease of "pretty building" or large-scale pyramid building. Also if you look at the immense scale of CotN maps, it's not easy making detailed maps although you can make very realistic terrains provided that you have the patience (and are willing to strain your eyes!). Check out the Tenochtitlan and Anasazi maps here; those are some very spectacular maps. I mostly do world-level editing since that's where a lot of the action is. ;)

Hoplite

Postby Hoplite » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:03 pm

Azeem wrote:I mostly do world-level editing since that's where a lot of the action is. ;)

I like the way the cotN world map works, but sometimes, except for staues and blocks, it seemed to be a secondary bonus feature at times, and I hope the next game helps world level mappong lice up to it's potential

McCullough91

Postby McCullough91 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:22 am

I thought the scenairo was worth the download and a good add-on, but lacked some things--I stand by it. For details you might as well look at the review yourself... Let me know if you have a problem with it.

Part of the reason the map bothered me was because of the simplicity... There wasn't too much variation on where you started, and it eventually led up to the same process. This leads to a low replay value. On the built-in scenairos, you can try multiple different starting areas to find the best spot... Whereas here it's obviously the best choice to start on the west bank where the flood plain is on this scenairo.

Either way, it was enjoyable and I am looking forward to your next work :)

MarkDuffy wrote:Unfortunately, just when I thought HeavenGames had done some improving, they send another cusser. Weird.

Ah... Whats that supposed to mean?

Azeem wrote:Welcome to the TM community, McCollough91. :) Some user-created scenarios have big open spaces for ease of "pretty building" or large-scale pyramid building. Also if you look at the immense scale of CotN maps, it's not easy making detailed maps although you can make very realistic terrains provided that you have the patience (and are willing to strain your eyes!). Check out the Tenochtitlan and Anasazi maps here; those are some very spectacular maps. I mostly do world-level editing since that's where a lot of the action is. ;)

The world map is a large part of the game-I do know that, thank you, but a still larger part is the map-as explained above, the map provides alot of different options. Whether it is the spot is easy to defend, next to a mine, or has plenty of fowls and villagers around it, it leads to a different play pattern-different things can happen.

You know, this IS the first fully 3-D city game, so we might as well take advantage of that fact and detail the maps! Sure, it takes a long time (I'm making a map myself right now, I know) but it's very much worth it. A big green blob is not as fun to look at as a curved valley with fauna and rocks with giant mountains. I'm putting my foot down on that, as it is a very large part of the game.

Thank you very much for your response. I appreciate feedback on my own comments. :)

I'm looking forward to the next one grad! Make sure to submit it to the Heavens site!
Last edited by McCullough91 on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sheshong

Abydos

Postby Sheshong » Wed May 30, 2007 5:51 pm

Loved the water buffalo, hated the raiders but loved the scenario :D
Keep up the great games.
Thanks Grad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:02 pm

Played again because this one is so much fun just to build! Thanks again for the time and effort you put into creating it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wgengland

Postby wgengland » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:07 pm

Got caught up in urban sprawl and military recruiting and forgot one of the key objectives: 9 Grand Obilisks. :o The 6th one was being installed as the enemy fell. Took another 4 years to get the last 3 built.

Was another intersting scenario. The raiders were more than a nuisance and caused me some problems with townhouses, but it just added to the challenge.

Was swimming in food. With the large pool of villagers and massive, accessible furtile plain it was hardly necessary to have external food suppliers.

Was need the way kopeshes appeared as if by magic.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:55 pm

wgengland wrote:Got caught up in urban sprawl and military recruiting and forgot one of the key objectives: 9 Grand Obilisks. :o The 6th one was being installed as the enemy fell. Took another 4 years to get the last 3 built.

Was another intersting scenario. The raiders were more than a nuisance and caused me some problems with townhouses, but it just added to the challenge.

Was swimming in food. With the large pool of villagers and massive, accessible furtile plain it was hardly necessary to have external food suppliers.

Was need the way kopeshes appeared as if by magic.

Sheshong,texasmine, and wgengland; Thank you for playing the game. I am working on a new one, hope to have it finished soon.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”