The Keep

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Karter

Postby Karter » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:19 am

texasmine wrote:Karter, you are diabolical, no question. I am a very linear thinker :rolleyes: and rarely think horizontally. Problem solved, but then I couldn't get the word to type! Had to completely exit CoN and then go back to the save. I have, however, been REWARDED with my win screen :D .

Thank you so very much for such a fun, fun, fun scenario. Please continue creating.

Oh, yes, the resource problem didn't show up during the second game.

;)

Glad you made it through

:)

catgoddess83

Finally!

Postby catgoddess83 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:27 pm

Sir Karter :D

I FINALLY fished this sucker! The stone carvers took Waaaay tooooo lonnnng!
I am anticipating your next effort!! You write great stories with extraordinary twists and effects!

Cat

Karter

Postby Karter » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:52 pm

catgoddess83 wrote:Sir Karter :D

I FINALLY fished this sucker! The stone carvers took Waaaay tooooo lonnnng!
I am anticipating your next effort!! You write great stories with extraordinary twists and effects!

Cat

:eek:
yes, I know about the stone carvers
mine took 3,4 or 5 years to complete, I can't remember
thats why I attempted to get around stone hauling up that mountain side with the flying limestone

but, I needed a pyramid for the storyline, it only seemed right

thnx

thegrad

Thanks

Postby thegrad » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:09 pm

Karter;
Thanks for the 20 coupon ride. Great scenario. Loved the special effects.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Karter

Postby Karter » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:08 am

thegrad wrote:Karter;
Thanks for the 20 coupon ride. Great scenario. Loved the special effects.

Thank you for playing it....

hopefully it gave a little different take on playing the game

basts princess

wow!!!!

Postby basts princess » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:29 pm

This Sounds so cool i want to downlode it NOW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

basts princess

Great job!!!!

Postby basts princess » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:18 pm

I am currently playing the keep and i van't go to bed at night i am amazed at the deatail 5 stars for Karter!!! :D :D

Karter

Postby Karter » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:43 am

basts princess wrote:I am currently playing the keep and i van't go to bed at night i am amazed at the deatail 5 stars for Karter!!! :D :D

LOL

Thank you....but you haven't finished yet!!
you may not like it, if it takes a long time to finish carving that Great Pyramid

Lets hope not

basts princess

:d

Postby basts princess » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:33 pm

ya it takes a while... wait i thought you needed to build a large pyremid

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:05 pm

Correct, Basts princess, Large Pyramid. This makes the pryamid & carving go fast. ;)

Before you ask, yeah there's a bit of screaming for worship in this labor camp. It took awhile to show up, but I got lazy & didn't add much. Besides, it's only one Alert Icon. :o They are happy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Miut

Postby Miut » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:41 am

Thoroughly enjoyed this scenario, Karter, thank you for making it. :)
It took me longer than probably it should, 48 years, but I finished with 871 population, 242 Prestige and Perfect city satisfaction. Didn't make a work camp cos my city was at the bottom of the area you build the 2 sphinxes .

Thanks again! :)

Karter

Postby Karter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:42 pm

Miut wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed this scenario, Karter, thank you for making it. :)
It took me longer than probably it should, 48 years, but I finished with 871 population, 242 Prestige and Perfect city satisfaction. Didn't make a work camp cos my city was at the bottom of the area you build the 2 sphinxes .

Thanks again! :)

Hey that 48 years is good... I wrote it and it usually takes me at least 37 years (because of that darn pyramid)
I think you built at the best location easiest access all around

thank you for playing

basts princess wrote: ya it takes a while... wait i thought you needed to build a large pyremid

yes you are correct my error :)

MarkDuffy wrote:Before you ask, yeah there's a bit of screaming for worship in this labor camp. It took awhile to show up, but I got lazy & didn't add much. Besides, it's only one Alert Icon. They are happy!

I never thought about building a labour camp there...Ummmm good strategy

eddiedoherty

Amazing

Postby eddiedoherty » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:32 pm

Karter,

As a very wise person once said, "You have become a god! There are no superlatives left for you!" The thought and effort that you have put into this scenario has made it THE benchmark by which all other scenarios will be judged, IMHO! :cool:

The attention to detail, storyline, music and surprises; not to mention the heartbreaking shock that threatened to destroy the "Harmony" of the land :eek: , all served to immerse me in this thrilling tale, contributing to an excellent couple of days playing. How come none of the inclusive scenarios that come with COTN make use of the SFX, interaction and text input capabilities? Are you sure that you didn't create the game itself?

Now... about my Xmas present! More of the same please!!! (Actually, looking at the date of the original post... OMG, gotta go and scan the site for more recent posts)

Keep up the great work.

Eddie :)

Kiya

Awesome scenario

Postby Kiya » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:34 pm

The Keep sounded like a real treat, so I saved it until now for a reason. Oh dearie was that some treat! The journey was magical from the beginning to the last drop. The story was superb, and the effects you gave us Karter, you have a mind of a conjurer. :eek: :) I really enjoyed many of the text like the one written by Ron L .Cupboard. :D

But alas, typical of me I got myself entangled in the story. I forgot one hint that proved to be a game killer, do not start Limestone Quarry, wait until you have the Eye of Ra placed. That was said in the first post of this thread, but do you think I remembered that while playing??? After I had started quarrying I got a warning not to do that, so I stopped. But later on when there was nothing but the Pyramid to be built (or so I thought, and that proved to be right I found out later) something weird happened. I cannot say what exactly triggered it while so many things were happening at the same time: noble house(s) had to be demolished because of diseases, checking the light of the first monolith, clicking away all of those notice boxes, reading again what I was supposed to do, now what is the password? and so on ..... anyway I noticed that the pyramid building was halted.

Pic 1 Found my labourers stuck on the limestone quarry, or what used to be a limestone quarry site.

Pic2 Shadows of some underground limestone, some new villagers from neighbouring towns had moved there. :eek:

I then demolished all of the labourers' huts and wanted to build new huts for them. But soon I found out there were no bricks in the city! Why not? Because there were no reed, rushes... as a matter of fact no trees of any kind, no papyrus, no vegetation flowers.... :confused:

MarkDuffy wrote:Typically things don't run out totally & regrow somewhat. You can use remote brick/papyrus camps. Bakeries, makers & a set of common shops.

After reading some of the earlier posts, I checked my quarries. Alas, I have also lost my basalt and limestone in addition to the reeds and rushes.

?

I really doubt that Karter made the scenario where you cannot recover from disaster. I'm trying to remember the scenario. He blew up the quarries?

So now I checked the thread of Keep and found out that this did happen before to one other player. All gone, also the flax, trees... far far away from my minimalistic city. I haven't heard that quarries run out, so totally they disappear! :eek:

Pic 3 The myrrh trees and other that grow on the shore line are all gone. You can see the same place in the last pic taken after the win screen.

*deep sigh* Started anew using an earlier autosave where no quarrying had occurred. Sorry to say but after this decision was made I had lost a lot of time and my concentration, but what was worse the magic was gone. I now let the game run almost on its own. When ever I heard 'I have a bad feeling about this' I sent some gold to one of the scroll sites and they took care of the bodies. A couple of time I sent some gold just in case, and was consequently mocked of spending it unnecessarily. Did I care? Not really. I had most everything plenty of, had emeralds as pebbles on a beach, or could have paved my streets with gold. Also sent gifts to the other 'scrolls sites' so as not to have any more fun surprises.

Pic 4 and 5 City at the time of the win screen

PS. If you wonder about the different sizes of these pics I used the recommended screen resolution until I thought this is it, the Grand Finale.

Thanks Karter, I really did some work with this one! :)

Karter

Postby Karter » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:29 am

Kiya wrote:The Keep sounded like a real treat, so I saved it until now for a reason. Oh dearie was that some treat! The journey was magical from the beginning to the last drop. The story was superb, and the effects you gave us Karter, you have a mind of a conjurer. :eek: :) I really enjoyed many of the text like the one written by Ron L .Cupboard. :D

I am sorry 'bout those darn haulers... :(
I normally don't like having a pyramid as a goal

It just seemed for this story line that it was needed... silly me trying to use my brain again.

Thank you for all effort and time u put into it :)

I do have to say though, that Pic 4 certainly is a looker, what a great screenshot and city layout.

thanks again

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:02 am

Karter wrote:It just seemed for this story line that it was needed... silly me trying to use my brain again.

No no you are a magician, for inventing all those things and voices into this scenario, nobody has done anything like that before. Hope you'll make another wonderful scenario! :) It is just me and English that do not get along too well all the time.

Karter wrote:I do have to say though, that Pic 4 certainly is a looker, what a great screenshot and city layout.

Thank you for your kind words :)

Karter

Postby Karter » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:35 am

Humpty Bumpy :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Vista WARNING !!!

First of all, please keep in mind I am a computer dummy.

Help installing The Keep

Return to “User-created Scenarios”