Timbuktu

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
thegrad

Timbuktu

Postby thegrad » Thu May 24, 2007 8:02 pm

A band of desert dwellers, known as the Tuareg nomads, has made you their leader.
Through your wanderings' you have found an oasis on a trade route that looks large enough to support your people.
With your leadership, your people can make this trading post into a thriving city with just a little bit of whimsy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thegrad on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McCullough91

Postby McCullough91 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:50 pm

Looks dandy.

Send it to HG.

I'll give it a go from here aswell...

LisaMockingbird

Postby LisaMockingbird » Fri May 25, 2007 5:25 pm

oooooo a new scenario :) can't wait to try it

parrotslave

Postby parrotslave » Sat May 26, 2007 7:26 pm

Thanks, thegrad.

Looking forward to playing it.

AnnT

Postby AnnT » Sat May 26, 2007 11:31 pm

Played it. Enjoyed it. :D
thanks for the hard work.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sun May 27, 2007 4:37 am

Thank you again, Grad! :)

We ended up with the same number of people!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thegrad

Thanks

Postby thegrad » Sun May 27, 2007 11:48 am

AnnT wrote:Played it. Enjoyed it. :D
thanks for the hard work.

Thank you AnnT, I really like making scenarios. I am glad you enjoyed it. :D

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun May 27, 2007 11:59 am

MarkDuffy wrote:Thank you again, Grad! :)

We ended up with the same number of people!

Mark, you are a wonder. You always play my scenarios on the hard challage, and still finish them in less time than I do, (and I know what's going to happen), you really know how to play COTN. :eek: :) :) :)

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sun May 27, 2007 5:17 pm

the palace in your first post (picture #3) looks familiar.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun May 27, 2007 5:29 pm

King Faticus wrote:the palace in your first post (picture #3) looks familiar.

It is the Sun Palace that Kiya shared with us, isn't it just beautiful.
I have downloaded most of the new textures that members are shareing. :)

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sun May 27, 2007 5:55 pm

Im glad you like it, I made that mod for Kiya when she was feeling bad about something that had happened. I offered to modify any building she wanted in any color, she chose the palace but couldn't decide between lavander and orange so I did both and they became the sun and moon palaces. I also gave Kiya the right to do whatever she liked with them (even upload aslong as my name wasn't mentioned) She keeps the moon palace for herself but uploaded the sun palace to share with everybody :)

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun May 27, 2007 6:03 pm

King Faticus wrote:Im glad you like it, I made that mod for Kiya when she was feeling bad about something that had happened. I offered to modify any building she wanted in any color, she chose the palace but couldn't decide between lavander and orange so I did both and they became the sun and moon palaces. I also gave Kiya the right to do whatever she liked with them (even upload aslong as my name wasn't mentioned) She keeps the moon palace for herself but uploaded the sun palace to share with everybody :)

Thank you. You do great work. I hope you don't mind if I use it. :) :)

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sun May 27, 2007 6:05 pm

I don't mind at all, Kiya uploaded it and I gave her the right to do whatever she liked ;)

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:37 am

Played your scenario and had fun with it. Please continue creating.

texasmine

The Sun Palace Mod

Postby texasmine » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:52 am

The mods put together by some of the users have added a great deal to the beauty of the game. The sun palace and red temples look wonderful, especially against the night sky with all those additional stars!

For those of you with the talent: PLEASE create a mod that will add color to the pharaoh statues!!!! The large sitting statue is imposing, but it's just a clump; the striding pharoah should be vibrant, but it's blah.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!

Sheshong

Timbuktu

Postby Sheshong » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:07 am

Really enjoyed this game, loved the Oasis! First one I have seen but I didn't build a yacht for my Nobles like you did. :D

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Thanks thegrad, that was fun - so much space. :)

I had a few bad harvests to start with, but after that no problems with food.
I built a lot of granaries - 12. Is that overkill?. I've never had that much food ever :D

I had to wait a long time to get all the obelisks, so I built a pyramid while I was waiting.

Only 10 gods? - that confused me a bit :rolleyes:

Miut

Postby Miut » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:21 am

Thank you, thegrad, just finished this. Really enjoyed it.

I saw some interesting sights in this scenario that I haven't noticed before. Some pix for you. :)

I saw a dad and a kid out in a boat having a recreational sail. :) Not seen that before - and the kid's head is different from any others - looks like a full head wig painted brown and a black top knot added...

Also had a vagrant go on a mugging spree and captured it with a screenie! He had as knife and began hitting the woman with it and stole her bread. Bad vagrant! I quickly put down a commander and 2 barracks of city guards and the perp disappeared leaving his poor wife alone in their hovel.. She was better without him - he was a Bad Sort, :D

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:10 am

Miut wrote:Thank you, thegrad, just finished this. Really enjoyed it.

I saw some interesting sights in this scenario that I haven't noticed before. Some pix for you. :)

I saw a dad and a kid out in a boat having a recreational sail. :) Not seen that before - and the kid's head is different from any others - looks like a full head wig painted brown and a black top knot added...

Also had a vagrant go on a mugging spree and captured it with a screenie! He had as knife and began hitting the woman with it and stole her bread. Bad vagrant! I quickly put down a commander and 2 barracks of city guards and the perp disappeared leaving his poor wife alone in their hovel.. She was better without him - he was a Bad Sort, :D

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you. I want to thank you and Herodotus for playing my game. I really enjoyed the pics because I have not seen a child on a yacht, I wonder if it was the royal family.
:) :)

Miut

Postby Miut » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:40 am

No, it was one of my Noble families. :) Thanks again for a fun scenario.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”