Heliopolis

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
thegrad

Heliopolis

Postby thegrad » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:08 am

Due to years of war's and interal strife, your brother and sister was taked from your care and hidden for their safety.
Now your valley has become peaceful. Where can your family be?
You set out on a mission to find you family and bring them home.
The Mother of the Nile will show you the way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LisaMockingbird

Postby LisaMockingbird » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:13 pm

OK, I have a long boring day of "waiting around" perfect timing for a new scenario for my favorite relaxing game to pass time with :D

Thanks!

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:58 am

Thank you again, Grad! I loved it. Gorgeous map! :)

You beat me this time! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sheshong

Heliopolis

Postby Sheshong » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:08 pm

Great city and world maps! Good game strategy.
Had some trouble getting enough envoys to open everything.
Love your games Grad! :D

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:18 pm

Thx for another nice scenario. I changed my standard city arrangement bcz of your terrain arrangement, and it came out very nicely. Also enjoyed the world map. Thx again!

thegrad

Thank you

Postby thegrad » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:46 pm

texasmine wrote:Thx for another nice scenario. I changed my standard city arrangement bcz of your terrain arrangement, and it came out very nicely. Also enjoyed the world map. Thx again!

I would love to see your city,how about posting it?
And thanks to everyone that has played my games.

LisaMockingbird

Postby LisaMockingbird » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:23 pm

Fun scenario. No bugs. I think your scenarios are getting better each time and hope you are working on more. :D

Your Map was very pretty, and laid out so that one had to adapt to the land. For this mission I didn't need most of it tho LOL. That whole side of the river blocked almost totally by the hills - I didn't even need to build on at all and I only maybe a quarter of the the other side.

I had a question in my mind - Was it set so that pharoah didn't die? It's a rare scenario that my pharoah doesn't die shooting himself or getting bit by a monkey at least once :rolleyes: I had like 5 or 6 pyramids and no bodies LOL.

All the scenario goals are clearly stated/itimized when you first start the scenario, but when you access the "scenario goals" in mid game, it doesn't state the list. Nothing is said about the specific items that you have to accomplish just a fuzzy re-unite your family and something about the river mother I think. I knew that I had to do the stepped pyramid and open punt, I found both siblings and was waiting for the win screen thinking I was done and didn't get one...finally I restarted so I could re-read the list to find the 200 prestiege requirement (mine was at 199) so I built another statue LOL. Especially when I play over the course of several days - I tend to forget the little side requirements so it might be nice to list them in the mid game accessable goals tab.

Enjoyable! Thanks again.

Lisa

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:41 am

:o
LisaMockingbird wrote:Fun scenario. No bugs. I think your scenarios are getting better each time and hope you are working on more. :D

Your Map was very pretty, and laid out so that one had to adapt to the land. For this mission I didn't need most of it tho LOL. That whole side of the river blocked almost totally by the hills - I didn't even need to build on at all and I only maybe a quarter of the the other side.

I had a question in my mind - Was it set so that pharoah didn't die? It's a rare scenario that my pharoah doesn't die shooting himself or getting bit by a monkey at least once :rolleyes: I had like 5 or 6 pyramids and no bodies LOL.

All the scenario goals are clearly stated/itimized when you first start the scenario, but when you access the "scenario goals" in mid game, it doesn't state the list. Nothing is said about the specific items that you have to accomplish just a fuzzy re-unite your family and something about the river mother I think. I knew that I had to do the stepped pyramid and open punt, I found both siblings and was waiting for the win screen thinking I was done and didn't get one...finally I restarted so I could re-read the list to find the 200 prestiege requirement (mine was at 199) so I built another statue LOL. Especially when I play over the course of several days - I tend to forget the little side requirements so it might be nice to list them in the mid game accessable goals tab.

Enjoyable! Thanks again.

Lisa

Thank you for playing and posting your lovely city. I will make sure that the goals tabs are available on the next games I make. :o I think I am listing the goals the same way on every game but somehow some goals stay and some don't. :o
Thanks again for your nice comments.

Bowel_Infection

Postby Bowel_Infection » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:00 am

Thanks, Grad! Unbelievable map! Well done.

:)

thegrad

Thank you

Postby thegrad » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:58 pm

Bowel_Infection wrote:Thanks, Grad! Unbelievable map! Well done.

:)

Thank you for your kind words. Since I have learned a little more about making maps, I am seriously considering remaking The Last Pharaoh maps so they will be more user friendly.

Karter

Postby Karter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:04 pm

I had stopped playing CoTN for awhile
but with this and MarkDuffys scenarios I am beginning to get that itch again

my video card went out and now I am waiting on my new computer to arrive cant wait to give these a try, everyone talks so highly about them

yahooooo :)

Miut

Postby Miut » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:48 am

Having a small problem with this one. I quarried 4 small and 1 large Basalt statues, and I have 2 barge landings on that side of the Nile, boats there and at the landing on the city side - and the laborers refuse to move out of their hovels to pull the basalt to the ship to take across to the City! Also when I set that overseer, who was the first one I placed, to Oversee Construction, he stood at the quarry for days and the laborers stayed firmly in their hovels!

Suggestions welcome.
Apart from that I am enjoying this scenario, thank you. :)

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:58 am

Additional basalt won't be quarried unless there's a demand. Large basalt is a bit trickier - you'd have to have a completed large statue base completed and only then, large basalt pieces would be quarried only one at a time.

Miut

Postby Miut » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:13 am

I have a Cult temple wanting a large statue. When nothing happened for a long time, I built a base for a small statue. Same thing, no response from the laborers even though both Overseers (the one in the basalt camp and the city one) went to the location of the small statue.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:32 pm

Miut wrote:I have a Cult temple wanting a large statue. When nothing happened for a long time, I built a base for a small statue. Same thing, no response from the laborers even though both Overseers (the one in the basalt camp and the city one) went to the location of the small statue.

Make one of your overseers, an overseer of construction, once he goes to the Cult Temple the other will quarry the large balsalt.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:46 pm

If all else fails, upload a save and we'll have a look. :)

Miut

Postby Miut » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:07 am

No sooner said than done. :)
I dunno what the Overseers are set to right now, but I got fed up waiting for them to fetch the quarried statue and opened trade with the Large basalt quarry to get those instead. I then got fed up of it for the time being since it seemed wrong that I had access to the resource and couldn't use it... plus I had spent a LOT of time trying to get it to work so hadn't spent time quarrying other stuff.
I know I have had both Overseers at every permutation of Construction and quarrying I could think of, and though they stood at the temple, both of them, or at the designated small Pharonic walking statue base, zilch happened.

Really grateful to know what has gone wrong with my build. :)

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:22 am

Sorry about the late response. :o I took a look at your save. It seems that you've encountered one of those rare-but-annoying bugs. :( The laborers won't haul any basalt statues over the river, but they will haul statues on the same side with the basalt quarry. The large basalt statue was transported to the Cult Temple simply because there's a large basalt statue in the cargo drop-off imported from the world-level site on the same side of the river as the cult temple. There's also some possibility that it may have something to do with the map design; I've noticed that the river depth is a bit "bumpy" as are the river shorelines. Wonder if that effects pathfinding?

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:43 am

Miut, the game doesn't like your landings. I added a new one to the south on flat land that sticks out into deep water. Nice try with the roads, though. Just cuz a landing gets a barge, it does not mean that it will function for barge transport. Cargo WM trader ships, yes.

Barges are VERY picky. The clue you have a landing problem is that Laborers do not leave their huts. They should always jump into action.

Build the new one & laborers will jump into action.

Sorry, I somehow missed your post. :o

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:41 am

I have another possible cause of this behavior, that appears to not be the case here, but is worth mentioning, as I have seen it a couple of times in my playtesting this week.

If you are playing a map that has a world level site(s) that require a quarried good, that can cause some problems.

Normally, when you quarry out, say, 4 small basalt statues, you see "4" on the display of resource inventory, and all is good. You assign an overseer to dedicate a small statue, and bingo, laborers go get the blank, put it on the statue, and it gets carved, assuming there are any necessary barge landings, and a stone carver. Once the laborers haul it away from the quarry staging area, the resource report indicates "3" for small statues.

Where you get the problem is in this example. I had a site that required 4 small statues to open. Same exact example as above. Everything happens exactly the same way...BUT, on the world map, the available amount of small statues is still "4", though the resource report says "3". You can then send the shipment off to the new city. All four blanks will disappear, the laborers go home (I think - maybe they disappear too), and whatever base was being dedicated is forever bugged. You have to delete it and rebuild.

That drove me nuts until I figured it out. :D

Return to “User-created Scenarios”