A New Nubia

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Yahya

A New Nubia

Postby Yahya » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:16 pm

Hello all,

This was to be the first of six or seven scenarios based around the Kush-ites (have to put in the hyphen to get the word in).

I have decided to scrap that plan in favor of another idea I have, but here is the first, and last scenario in that line. You rule as Piye (Pyankhi), and have certain goals to meet, which are revealed in due time.

I like this one. I hope you will as well.

Feedback welcomed, as it will be useful in my next endeavors.

Yahya

EDIT: This scenario uses a custom map picture. I had forgotten this earlier. Please unzip the attached file, wl_map_Greater_1_1.zip, to the folder "..\Children of the Nile\data\Graphics\world level\map", to get the world level to work properly.

Apparently, some U.S. versions of the game handle this error by using an alternate map, but some outside the U.S. cause a CTD without this map present. My mistake. I apologize.

EDIT 2010-02-09: Edited to correct problem with file downloads. These should be good now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Yahya on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:57 pm

Kewl, Yahya! :)

Can't wait to play tonight after the debate. Thank you!

LisaMockingbird

Postby LisaMockingbird » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:41 pm

Well I'll save this to play later. Take me a couple more weeks to finish my campaign probably. :)

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:57 pm

Just started, building my early city....had a look at the WM :eek: :eek: :eek: among other things.....need 1000 limestone...no limestone quarry where your city is! :eek:

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:07 pm

:eek: !!!

Kepp pressing, Kiya! You will make it!

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:32 pm

1000 Limestone should be simple for any pyramid builder worth their salt! :D

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:43 pm

Keep pressing...*mutisee*.... Oh sure it is a piece of cake to collect limestone needed, once I first sit and wait for the grand obelisks to arrive ...by one every year...hm... did I need 20 of them? I forgot what else I need....waiting them too for more than 20 years...I don't EVEN think how long it will take for those 1000 limestones, I mean once I have found the right site! :eek: Or, perhaps I don't have to open that site at all??? :rolleyes: *looking hopefully at Yahya*.... *huokaus*

Ah yes, Yahya, I will make this, no doubt, I even made Diospolis, but when I will do this one I don't know. ;) :D

I'm sorry for the poor donkey carrying two large basalt statues. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:09 pm

Kiya wrote:Keep pressing...*mutisee*.... Oh sure it is a piece of cake to collect limestone needed, once I first sit and wait for the grand obelisks to arrive ...by one every year...hm... did I need 20 of them? I forgot what else I need....waiting them too for more than 20 years...I don't EVEN think how long it will take for those 1000 limestones, I mean once I have found the right site! :eek: Or, perhaps I don't have to open that site at all??? :rolleyes: *looking hopefully at Yahya*.... *huokaus*

Ah yes, Yahya, I will make this, no doubt, I even made Diospolis, but when I will do this one I don't know. ;) :D

LOL !!!

John-SJ

Postby John-SJ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:55 pm

Donkey's stronger than it looks! :eek:

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:59 pm

Kiya wrote: I'm sorry for the poor donkey carrying two large basalt statues. :(

We make donkeys strong in Nubia...

:D

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:09 pm

Found the limestone...at last....but....20 limestones a year...good. Wait! WAIT! I need them one thousand...20 pieces a year :eek: :eek: :eek: *faints*

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:16 pm

*gaining her conscience* it seems the city was thriving while I was ...err,..'away'.
Pyramid built, all the other things done now. So many unexpected different things happening in this one, so expecting almost anything to come. :eek: :D Wondering what are the winning requirements though? :confused:

edit/ I read the scenario overview once more, every word of it, very carefully. I paid proper respect and built a cult temple, while it says build a temple to Amun. LOL

This was so much fun! Thank you Yahya, I truly enjoyed this one. :) :) :)
Last edited by Kiya on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:12 pm

<snot laugh> See, Kiya, it wasn't that bad... :D

Excellent scenario, Yahya. Loved all the surprizes. Thank you! :)

Whoops ~ Forgot to mention the map ~ Wow ~ I wish I could make one like this! :eek:
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:00 am

MarkDuffy, did I say it is/was bad? :eek: ;) I loved it! :D All the different requirements for opening up sites, all the surprises concerning that. :) :) :)

The map is pretty and not too large but that was good, so you have to plan a bit more. Was wondering where to put a pyramid, in case I wanted one. :p

This is a nice entertaining, not too long a scenario. Once again thank you Yahya. :)

texasmine

Quite Sly!

Postby texasmine » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:43 pm

Thank you for another great twist to a scenario. It was great fun.

Yahya

Thank you all

Postby Yahya » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:22 am

Hi all,

Thanks for the positive feedback. There are a couple of things in there that I though I had corrected, most notably the lack of text at the conclusion. My bad. I have played that scenario about ten times, and didn't want to do it again before getting it off my plate. I'm happy that it was well received.

My next will be better...

MarkDuffy wrote:I wish I could make one like this!

***SPOILER BELOW***
Text is a non-readable color below. Message is for scenario designers. If you want to read it, pelase highlight, but don't let it ruin your scenario! :)

[COLOR=Navy] MD, I followed Matt Zimmitti's tutorial on triggers, and he explains how to do just this. Swap one site for another, and so on. These can each have different requirements, and you can really screw with the player. :p
[/COLOR]

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:14 pm

Sorry, Yahya

I played this for a while, then discovered every time I click the world map icon I get a crash to desktop.

I've tried repeatedly, rebooting, even restarting the scenario and clicking the WM icon as the first action - it's always a crash to desktop.

I tried several other scenarios and none of these crash - just this one. :(
(none of the others were yours, this is the first one I've tried)

By the way, I was having a great time with it as far as I got, map was very interesting.

One other thing. I built the cult temple and dedicated it to Amum, (but no statue of course) as that's what the instructions implied, but when you click on the city name it did not give Amun as the patron god - it just says no god
Last edited by Herodotus on Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:43 pm

Hi Herodotus,

That's interesting. I don't know what could be causing that. Has anyone else seen this error? Maybe that copy is bad? Strange. I'm very sorry about that. :(

Herodotus wrote:One other thing. I built the cult temple and dedicated it to Amum, (but no statue of course) as that's what the instructions implied, but when you click on the city name it did not give Amun as the patron god - it just says no god

Yes, this is intentional. I personally hate the "people got mad at you because they couldn't worship the patron god" message, so for that scenario I didn't make one. But, you can meet he needs of the scenario without that. Also, if you are ever inclined to re-download (or we figure out the trouble) and try again, it is worthy of note that what is implied or inferred is not always what is meant. :)

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Yahya wrote:...
Also, if you are ever inclined to re-download (or we figure out the trouble) and try again,

I've redownloaded twice and the same thing happens. Also it happens to Amator too. Maybe it is the uploaded one that has gone corrupt somehow?

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:04 pm

So sorry to hear you have problems with this tricky but lovely scenario. Perhaps the uploaded save has gone bad, since there were at least 3 people (with win screens) before you and none of us had any problems/crashes with the WM.

Herodotus, you said I built the cult temple and dedicated it to Amum, (but no statue of course) as that's what the instructions implied,.
You might want to read the instructions again, and please see my post above (post 12). ;) :)

Return to “User-created Scenarios”