Sand Wars I - The Threat From Within

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Yahya

Sand Wars I - The Threat From Within

Postby Yahya » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:58 pm

GOALS

• Build a grand city, to stand the test of time.
  • Explore - there are great riches to be had in the world!
  • Protect the great Triumvirate from all threats.
  • Our land is secure, thanks to the glory of the Triumvirate. There is no need to raise an army here.

Hello, all! This scenario is the the first of a six-part series titled "SAND WARS". This is SAND WARS I - THE THREAT FROM WITHIN.

There are some elements of this tale that will be overtly borrowed from another tale, set in a different environment. The tale is considerably different, however. Those elements that seem overtly borrowed are intentional, as an homage. :)

Below is the trailer for the first episode, for your viewing pleasure. :D This trailer is not nearly perfect, in my opinion. But, I decided tonight that I could spend the rest of my life working on it, which will be detrimental to the overall project, and it still wouldn't be perfect. They will get better with time. :D

So, below, the trailer may be downloaded (zipped). Enjoy!

Below this is the actual scenario. This has been played through 4 times by me, so it should be very functional. There might be some difficulty in it. This is intentional. I would describe it as an easy scenario, with moderate difficulty in the middle. :D

Enjoy, and please post any comments!

High-Res Trailer
Scenario

Last edited by Yahya on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:17 pm

LOL !!! ~ You crack me up, Yahya. Can't wait! :D

LisaMockingbird

Postby LisaMockingbird » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:16 pm

LOL but um shouldn't you release episode 4 first?
:D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:18 pm

I thought about that...but no. :D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:47 pm

I have nearly completed the first playtest of this scenario. That will be completed early this evening. Then, I will go through and debug, and add some finishing touches, and play through again.

Setting a deadline date does wonders for your performance! :D :p :eek:

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:17 pm

Second playtest completed. nearly completed second round of edits and rewrites.

Third playtest will be started, and maybe even completed, tonight.

Yahya

SWI Complete! Download Ready!!!

Postby Yahya » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:07 pm

Hello all!

EPISODE I is complete! Please enjoy it!

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:49 pm

Sweet! Loved it, Yahya. Thank you :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:55 pm

Are there no more win screens for SWI? Must be too many scenarios coming out presently...

:p

Karter

Postby Karter » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:07 pm

Yahya wrote:Are there no more win screens for SWI? Must be too many scenarios coming out presently...

I missed this, I didn't realize it was here

this was one crazy scenario, but liked it. Lots of surprises

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John-SJ

Postby John-SJ » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:52 pm

Okay, I've always been a big fan of a certain place set long ago and far away, and I mean Egypt of course! ;) Since I have only recently begun playing user created scenarios my backlog is almost every scenario ever created. This is not helped by the fact that with limited play time it takes quite a while to finish even a smallish scenario. Anyway, once I finish Heliopolis I think I will start SW 1 next, sounds very interesting! :)

LisaMockingbird

Postby LisaMockingbird » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:13 pm

You haven't played mine either Yahya :( :D
I got less time now - and figured I'd play like two or 3 in a row when you got them out this fall after school settles down

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:26 pm

LisaMockingbird wrote:You haven't played mine either Yahya :( :D
I got less time now - and figured I'd play like two or 3 in a row when you got them out this fall after school settles down

LOL. True. I am in the middle of making the Sand Wars story, plus playing Karter's scenarios (which I have never played), reading books, and I started school this week, so things are slowing down a bit for me.

Touche, LisaMockingbird! I will get to yours soon.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:00 pm

Edited first post .scn download. I changed the scenario title text, so it is more accurate to the overall story.

It used to say "EPISODE I" on the scenario info screen. It will now say "SAND WARS I" instead.

No big deal if you've already played it.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:42 pm

Well the newbe tried Sand Wars & it was definitely a twist. Don't know if I'm ready for #2 yet. Heh, heh.

wgengland

Postby wgengland » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:59 pm

Fascinating story line. I typically prefer non-linear scenarios, but that wouldn't be easy and keep the story line going, would it?

Hate being a spectator when raiders attack. A bit bummed that they didn't show themselves until the second raid.

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw the requirements to close the last two camps. :eek:

One minor item you may or may not want to fix. When the third garrison is openned, the message text says all three are open, but the title says "Second Garrison Opens", or something like that. Didn't write it down like I would if I was at work.

Looking forward to the next, but may be a couple of weeks before I download it. Flying to Austin this weekend with my mom to visit grandkids.

Regards,
Gary

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:11 pm

wgengland wrote:One minor item you may or may not want to fix. When the third garrison is openned, the message text says all three are open, but the title says "Second Garrison Opens", or something like that. Didn't write it down like I would if I was at work.

That's interesting. I'll have to check that out. Only about four more weeks of school before the break. :D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:16 am

I fixed that error. Those site messages were really hard to catch all the bugs on. I thank wgengland for bringing it to my attention.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Re-released to hype SWII. Please consider this the Special Edition. :D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:09 pm

I had a desperate need to re-format the opening crawl. Have a look. I will do SWII later.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”