Sand Wars II - Strike of the Triumvirate

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Yahya

Sand Wars II - Strike of the Triumvirate

Postby Yahya » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:58 am

GOALS

• Keep the evil Runihura and his Righteous Army at bay
  • Build the infrastructure to destroy the Righteous Army once and for all
  • Construct at least one Small Pyramid

SWII is released! The file is below, with the two updated trailers (please note that these two files are zipped, and the file names indicate either high or low res version), and a blurred win screen, to avoid giving out story.

If you haven't yet experienced SWI - THE THREAT FROM WITHIN, I recommend playing it first (or again), or you will be a little bit lost. :D

I really like this scenario. After a few playthroughs, it wasn't tough enough (I didn't think), so I amped it up a little bit. Let's just say "this one goes to eleven."

I think you will all have big fun with this one. I like it very much. I am particularly proud of the river; I feel it is the best I have ever made. There are several little Easter eggs in this scenario, most of them are pretty obvious (to me), but I think they are in good fun.

I am very proud that I finally managed to get the second episode finished. I hope you all enjoy it! :D :D :p :)

High-Res Trailer
Scenario
Last edited by Yahya on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.

McCullough91

Postby McCullough91 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:00 pm

I'll go for it!

But shouldn't you have started with sand wars IV? :p

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:52 pm

I thought about it for a few minutes when crafting the concept. I quickly decided against it however. :p

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:26 pm

This one is coming along more slowly, sadly. I threw my back out on Sunday. Today, I've learned that I most likely have a herniated disc.

I will make as much effort to complete this by Friday as I can, as it is important to me to meet that date. But, it might slip. I apologize in advance.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:36 pm

Take your time, Yahya. There is no rush. We hope you get better soon! :)

LisaMockingbird

Postby LisaMockingbird » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:37 pm

Yahya wrote:This one is coming along more slowly, sadly. I threw my back out on Sunday. Today, I've learned that I most likely have a herniated disc.

I will make as much effort to complete this by Friday as I can, as it is important to me to meet that date. But, it might slip. I apologize in advance.

Sorry to hear about your back - but your project is an ambitious one and we can wait :) Six episodes! Now my injury actually gave me extra time to sit around fighting off being bored but I image that disc makes sitting painful :( Hope you feel better soon.

John-SJ

Postby John-SJ » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:41 pm

ow, Ow, OWW!

I had a herniated disc about 10 years ago. When it got bad enough that I couldn't stand without assistance from my wife, and only then with EXTREME pain, I ended up going for surgery.

I wish you all the best and hope it doesn't come to that for you

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:46 pm

Oh, it won't, if I have anything to say about it. Physical therapy starts next week, it looks like, and I will do anything and everything to make sure it comes out as well as it can. I am WAY too young to have a serious problem yet, in my opinion. :p

Thank you all for the well-wishing.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:41 pm

I am exceptionally happy to report that my first day of medication has gone extremely well. I feel about 90% better right now than I did at 8:30 this morning.

I'm not ready to go running or playing any soccer (football, futbol, fußball) any time soon, but I think I can put some time toward SWII. With any luck, I'll be able to deliver it on Friday night. If not, then certainly by Monday, which will keep us on track for the current goal of September 7th for SWIII.

:)

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:04 pm

I'm so glad to hear you feel much better now. Image

Karter

Postby Karter » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:47 pm

very cool
good job, can't wait to play it

:)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:58 pm

Changed the trailers, as they have a release date which is now past. :)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:42 pm

Sadly, I must change this date again. This time, I will get it done, come hell or high water.

Started school this week, and had a business trip Monday and Tuesday that really threw things out of whack. I should get some time this weekend to flush out the triggers and test, so I will be able to post on Tuesday.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:06 pm

It is looking like I won't get this done for a while. Maybe until the Christmas break.

School is harder than I remember! :D

LisaMockingbird

Postby LisaMockingbird » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:13 pm

yeah. The last month has been a blur for me too. First exams this week - yikes!

wgengland

Postby wgengland » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:20 pm

So sorry that you are having back trouble. :( Been there, done that, get a reminder if I do something stupid. Be extra careful while on drugs. They make make you feed too good and "something stupid" can follow.

Anxiously awaiting the posting. Intrigued by the trailer. How you do dat?

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:33 am

Thanks for the well-wishing. I appreciate it. And the advice is good. It's taken me two months to get over the fear that I will do it again. Now, I am just sucking it up, because it is inevitable, and all I can do is bend my knees more, etcetera. I just got out of bed about 15 minutes ago, and it sounded like embers popping on a fire. I am getting old prematurely! :D

For the trailers, I used Fraps to capture the video, and then assembled them with Windows Movie Maker. It's pretty easy to do, but you need the full version of Fraps (not the trial), unless you don't mind being limited to 15-second clips, and "www.fraps.com" on your video the whole time. It's at the bottom, but still. :)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:09 pm

And, here it is!

Happy New Year!!!!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:24 am

Excellent! Your scenario is complete! Things are really piling up now! :o

Grad first, then you & finally Jimaaten in order of release! 5 + 1 + 1 = 7 How kewl is THAT? :D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:41 pm

Heh. Indeed. :D

Gotta start on SWIII [COLOR=White]now. :) [/COLOR]

Return to “User-created Scenarios”