Dynasty III The Age of the Pyramid Builders

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
thegrad

Postby thegrad » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:02 am

The third Dynasty was an unusual time in Egypt's history. For close to one hundred years peace was maintained by trade. Thus allowing for the wealth and time to build more pyramids in this dynasty than all other dynasties combined.

This is the corrected version, so anyone that downloaded the original needs to download the Huni 5 (the stand alone scenairo.) :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thegrad on Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:10 am

Uh-oh :eek:

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:25 am

Tinkerbell wrote:Uh-oh :eek:

What? :D I thought we could use a new game for New Years.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:08 am

Yeah, but...

FOUR scenarios "allowing for the wealth and time to build more pyramids in this dynasty than all other dynasties combined" !?!?!?!

Can't wait to play them, Grad! ;)

<glad I now LOVE pyramids>

:D

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:19 am

Tinkerbell wrote:Yeah, but...

FOUR scenarios "allowing for the wealth and time to build more pyramids in this dynasty than all other dynasties combined" !?!?!?!

Can't wait to play them, Grad! ;)

<glad I now LOVE pyramids>

:D

There are five scenarios, I just posted the other win screen.
I chose that dynasty because (1) there were only five pharaohs and (2) when I did the research, and found that statement,concerning the amount of pyramid building I just had to make the campaign. :) :)
Last edited by thegrad on Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:50 pm

thegrad wrote:There are five scenarios, I just posted the other win screen.
I chose that dynasty because (1) there were only five pharaohs and (2) when I did the research, and found that statement,concerning the amount of pyramid building I just had to make the campaign. :) :)

This is maybe best answered in a private message, thegrad, but you seem to have chosen to succeed each Pharaoh with another.

Are you doing anything fancy around that, or just making a new scenario after each success? I ask for my own design concepts.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:30 pm

Yahya wrote:This is maybe best answered in a private message, thegrad, but you seem to have chosen to succeed each Pharaoh with another.

Are you doing anything fancy around that, or just making a new scenario after each success? I ask for my own design concepts.

Yahya; As a New Years present to all scenario makers I am making a turorial on the making of a campagin. It is in the editing section.
Last edited by thegrad on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sheshong

Postby Sheshong » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:43 pm

Thanks Grad for the new campaign. :)
Great first game. Here are my win screen and city on the first game.
On to the next Pharoh! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:05 am

Part I Nebkha. I almost forgot how to build a city. ;)

Your pyramid was completed a bit late. Oops. :D

Sheshong

Dynasty III The age of the Pyramid Builders

Postby Sheshong » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Win screen on #2 game in the campaign. :)
Onward to the next Pharaoh. :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:21 am

Nice cities, Sheshong! :)

On to Saggara... :D

thegrad

Thanks

Postby thegrad » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:Nice cities, Sheshong! :)

Sheshong and Tinkerbell; I LOOOOOVE your cities, you can expect me to copy your layouts. Thanks again for playing the game. :) :)

Sheshong

Postby Sheshong » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:42 am

Tinkerbell wrote:Nice cities, Sheshong! :)

Hey Tinkerbell;
Thanks for your comments about my cities, but I thought you hated pyramids and you have one in each of your cities. :D Great job!

Anya

Postby Anya » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:58 am

This campaign has been great. However I'm stuck on level 5, so can I ask for a hint? The goal says 'build Midum pyramid'. As the town is called Maidum I assume you want a pyramid built in town.
Well I've built, and built and built lol. I have one of each; all world sites open but still no win screen :o I'm sure I have missed something quite basic!
I've attatched a copy of my game in case you want a look. It's not pretty, I feel sorry for my Cotnizens :D

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:55 am

Anya wrote:This campaign has been great. However I'm stuck on level 5, so can I ask for a hint? The goal says 'build Midum pyramid'. As the town is called Maidum I assume you want a pyramid built in town.
Well I've built, and built and built lol. I have one of each; all world sites open but still no win screen :o I'm sure I have missed something quite basic!
I've attatched a copy of my game in case you want a look. It's not pretty, I feel sorry for my Cotnizens :D

Anya; And to everyone who has downloaded dynasty III it looks like one of the reveal's is missing from the game. I am removing the game and fixing it. I will up load the 5th as a single game for those who have already played the first four games.
I offer my sincerest apology to all.
I have found the problem and as soon as I replay the game I will repost the game.
Anya, I am so sorry for all your hard work. I re worded the goal to "build on the world map".
Last edited by thegrad on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anya

Postby Anya » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:31 am

These things will happen :D I have really enjoyed this campaign. Fortunately I love pyramid building. I don't like military campaigns, not that the military is hard in CotN.
I haven't been playing CotN in some time, so I'm really enjoying replaying it and am having wonderful time with all the new (to me) user created scenario's.
Thank you, and I am looking forward to more :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:57 am

If anyone is interested, cuz I am not there yet, you might try downloading Grad's new entire campaign & activating #5 via the campaign autosaves instead of the additional scenario in the other thread. Might work. Don't know.

I'm gonna try the original one (to see if it also fails) & then the new campaign that way first. Will report back, but I don't have the time right now.

Sheshong

Postby Sheshong » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:58 pm

Finished your campaign Grad. :D
Great games and I loved your maps! :)

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:54 am

Sheshong wrote:Finished your campaign Grad. :D
Great games and I loved your maps! :)

Thank you Sheshong for you kind words. I don't know how you do it but your cities get prettier with every game. :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:36 am

And on to Itj-tawy... :D

EDIT: I meant on to Maidum... ;)

REEDIT: Whew Doggies! :D That's definitely Pyramid Building™! :eek:

Thank you so much for your excellent 5-part Campaign, Grad! Loved it! :) :) :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”