A Barrel of Monkeys

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
thegrad

A Barrel of Monkeys

Postby thegrad » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:01 pm

This tongue in cheek scenario is a tribute to the talent of the Dev's at TM for their great work.
The story line is the jealously of one brother of another. I hope you have as much fun playing it as I had making it. :D :D
After several days of testing, I have found the problem with the monkeys. This version works every time. :D Enjoy :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thegrad on Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:32 pm

Monkeys !!! :D :D :D

Grad-o-Mania !!! :eek:

Congratulations on your Scenario #22, Grad! Can't wait to play! :)

EDIT: A coupla more images for you, Grad. Thank you again! I loved it! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:28 am

No Monkeys were harmed during the building of this city :D

thegrad

Thank you

Postby thegrad » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Herodotus wrote:No Monkeys were harmed during the building of this city :D

Herodotus; Thank you for playing the game, I would love to see your city.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:35 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:Monkeys !!! :D :D :D

Grad-o-Mania !!! :eek:

Congratulations on your Scenario #22, Grad! Can't wait to play! :)

EDIT: A coupla more images for you, Grad. Thank you again! I loved it! :D

Tinkerbell; I am so glad you liked the game. Your cities are getting prettier and prettier. Great job. :) :)

beutelbaer1

Help!

Postby beutelbaer1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:13 pm

Hello Grad!
I tried to play your scenario but my appearing monkeys keep wandering off the map. Although new monkey appear continuously they don´t interact with my city buildings.
What can I do to set the scenario into motion?
I hope you can help me out on this one since I´d really like to play this scenario. The screenshots I saw looked very nice.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 pm

beutelbaer1 wrote:Hello Grad!
I tried to play your scenario but my appearing monkeys keep wandering off the map. Although new monkey appear continuously they don´t interact with my city buildings.
I hope you can help me out on this one since I´d really like to play this scenario. The screenshots I saw looked very nice.

I am sorry that it is not working for you,I just checked the scenairo and it seems to be working fine, Maybe try downloading it again. I sure hope it will work for you.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:08 pm

so if i win the scenario am I spared being pummeled with monkey poop? o_0

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 pm

King Faticus wrote:so if i win the scenario am I spared being pummeled with monkey poop? o_0

Certainly, All monkeys are well trained. :D

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:05 pm

beutelbaer1 wrote:Hello Grad!

Hmm, some of my buildings were left untouched at first, too. Seems the monkeys first inhabitated the shops. I placed nobles, but their houses were not build until after placing a palace. With the palace and the nobles, finally the farmers moved in...

So my advice would be to place a few of all sort of buildings, then start deleting the vagrant mats to get them going.

Hope it will work.

Nice scenario, by the way ;)

Ist there any way to slow down the pace once there are enough people?

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:40 pm

Oh, now I see the problem. Started a new game. They just don´t settle down, do they?!

No idea why. The first time I started the game, all worked fine. Maybe there are some variable parameters, and it just isn´t a good day for evolution?!

Sorry, I hope it will work soon. I didn´t save my first game, so I can´t play it now, too :(

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:23 pm

sakasiru wrote:Oh, now I see the problem. Started a new game. They just don´t settle down, do they?!

No idea why. The first time I started the game, all worked fine. Maybe there are some variable parameters, and it just isn´t a good day for evolution?!

Sorry, I hope it will work soon. I didn´t save my first game, so I can´t play it now, too :(

I have posted a copy with only 5 seconds into the game for everyone, this should let you play the game.
Last edited by thegrad on Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:48 pm

(Ist there any way to slow down the pace once there are enough people?
(Ouote Posted by Sakasiru)
The People only appear when you need them. Once you do not need any more they stop.

Sheshong

A Barrel of Monkeys

Postby Sheshong » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:36 pm

Hello Grad
I loved your game, it is a different take on a COTN game. :)
It was so funny to watch the monkeys get in their boats and cross the river and watch them build the shops. :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:11 pm

thegrad wrote:I am uploading a saved game with only 5 seconds into it. I think it will help make the game more stable. :) Sorry for the inconvenince. :o

?

Your scenario works fine, Grad. You deleted the original .scn?

Please put it back (have both if you must), thankx in advance. I believe some players are over-reacting. They need to give the monkeys more time & ignore the few vagrants that show up. Monkeys spawn one at a time (or two). Fast populating of early homes will not happen, cuz they do not have children yet.

Hope this helps everyone! :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:01 am

"Sheshong" wrote:Hello Grad
I loved your game, it is a different take on a COTN game. :)
It was so funny to watch the monkeys get in their boats and cross the river and watch them build the shops. :D

Sheshong; Thank you for playing the game and posting your pixs, I love to see how people build on my maps. You have a great looking city. Thanks again for playing. :D :D

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:55 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:?

I believe some players are over-reacting. They need to give the monkeys more time & ignore the few vagrants that show up.

Sorry, but it really doesn´t work sometime. I started the game several times. Sometimes all works fine, the monkeys settle as vagrants, and then move in your houses.
But sometimes, they don´t settle down! They appear and immediately make a run for the edge of the map. No way to stop them. Next generation also. And so on. You have no chance to get them to move in your houses or becoming human at least.

Seems like the only way is to quit the game (completely, not just the scenario) and start it again. Then it works. Or don´t. Then try again...

But it hasn´t anything to do with the file you have or how patient you are. So I suggest to upload the original version and add a advice to restart the game if the monkeys flee.

Sweet scenario, though!

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:16 pm

"sakasiru" wrote:Sorry, but it really doesn´t work sometime. I started the game several times. Sometimes all works fine, the monkeys settle as vagrants, and then move in your houses.
But sometimes, they don´t settle down! They appear and immediately make a run for the edge of the map. No way to stop them. Next generation also. And so on. You have no chance to get them to move in your houses or becoming human at least.

Seems like the only way is to quit the game (completely, not just the scenario) and start it again. Then it works. Or don´t. Then try again...

But it hasn´t anything to do with the file you have or how patient you are. So I suggest to upload the original version and add a advice to restart the game if the monkeys flee.

Sweet scenario, though!

Sakasiru; I have reloaded the original game, and for the people who do not want to keep restarting to get the monkeys to settle down I also loaded a 5 second saved game that has the monkeys settled. Glad you like the game. I do hope you will post your win screen. :) :)

Nighteyes

Postby Nighteyes » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:56 am

hey guys.
I've downloaded the save that you put up grad, and after a bout 3 trys, with different start points and techniques, the monkeys keep on running away, either they saw my face :eek: or they have an irrational dislike of me, \I've downloaded the original scenario and am going to give that a shot but, the save didn't work for me.
It looks great and i'm looking forward to being able to play it and enjoy it ;) but so far no go :(

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:28 pm

"Nighteyes" wrote:hey guys.
I've downloaded the save that you put up grad, and after a bout 3 trys, with different start points and techniques, the monkeys keep on running away, either they saw my face :eek: or they have an irrational dislike of me, \I've downloaded the original scenario and am going to give that a shot but, the save didn't work for me.
It looks great and i'm looking forward to being able to play it and enjoy it ;) but so far no go :(

Nighteyes; I do hope you will keep trying to play the game, Maybe Tinkerbell or Sheshong or someone else who has won the game could give you some poiners. The saved game always works for me. I don't know why it is misbehaving. Thanks for trying to play, I hope you get a win screen. :) :)

Return to “User-created Scenarios”