Dakhia Oasis

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
thegrad

Dakhia Oasis

Postby thegrad » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:53 pm

This is a story of one Vizier's dedication to his Pharaoh and to Osiris. My win screen was taken at a later time to make the city prettier.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thegrad on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sheshong

Dakhia Oasis

Postby Sheshong » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:39 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh what a lovely ghostly city. :)
Loved the game Grad! :) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sheshong on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegrad

Thank you

Postby thegrad » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:51 pm

"Sheshong" wrote:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh what a lovely ghostly city. :)
Loved the game Grad! :) :)

Sheshong; Thank you for playing the game. I am so glad you liked it. As always a great looking city. :D :D Thank's again for posting your city and win screen. :D :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:49 am

You are such a lil devil, Grad! :p

Absolutely loved how Hard it was ~ Thank you! :)

Images taken a few seconds after win screen to remove details...

:D :D :D

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:25 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:You are such a lil devil, Grad! :p

Absolutely loved how Hard it was ~ Thank you! :)

Images taken a few seconds after win screen to remove details...

:D :D :D

Tinkerbell; Thank you for playing the game. Your city is quite impressive with all the sphinx statues. :D :D

Sheshong

Dakhia Oasis

Postby Sheshong » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:59 pm

:D Hey Grad
I am playing your games over while waiting for your next one. :)
It's been a long time, you must be working on something big! ;)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:39 pm

I think there are more than a few new scenarios on the horizon...

:cool: :p ;)

thegrad

New game

Postby thegrad » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:18 pm

"Sheshong" wrote: :D Hey Grad
I am playing your games over while waiting for your next one. :)
It's been a long time, you must be working on something big! ;)

Thank you for replaying the games. Yes I finally came up with some new scenairos, but it will be a little while before I can post them. Thanks again for replaying. :D :D

Sheshong

Postby Sheshong » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:50 pm

"Yahya" wrote:I think there are more than a few new scenarios on the horizon...

:cool: :p ;)

Great! :D
I just hope that some of them don’t have raiders from all sides come in as soon as you set down your first Nobles! :eek:
Egypt must have had a lot of empty buildings left standing when the Nobles couldn’t keep food or anything else and moved on to other cities
It makes me so mad that I just quit playing the game! At least let me have a few years to protect my city. :mad:

thegrad

Thank you

Postby thegrad » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:11 am

"Sheshong" wrote:Great! :D
I just hope that some of them don’t have raiders from all sides come in as soon as you set down your first Nobles! :eek:
Egypt must have had a lot of empty buildings left standing when the Nobles couldn’t keep food or anything else and moved on to other cities
It makes me so mad that I just quit playing the game! At least let me have a few years to protect my city. :mad:

Sheshong; Thank you for your imput, I dislike the raiders also, so as you know I try to keep raiders to a mimimum in my scenairos. I am trying to keep my new scenairos as close to history as I can, so I am sorry but there will be a few battles to win :eek: :eek: . Thanks again for playing the games. :D :D

tomnobles

But I wasn't ready to quit!

Postby tomnobles » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:41 am

Nice, hard game Thegrad, Thanks. Oh yeah, and sneaky too, I only had 32 laborers.

Sorry about that. Lucky I saved it.
Last edited by tomnobles on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added - sneaky

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:28 pm

"Sheshong" wrote:Great! :D

I think you are talking about SWII. :o :rolleyes:

That was not the way that scenario was intended, but I found it a nice twist and left it in. It definitely puts pressure on the player. Do not fret; SWIII will be tame by comparison, or at least more controllable by the player.

There most likely will be another scenario in this tale that will begin similarly, but I will try and make it less annoying, and more entertaining. I just had a good idea while writing this, so it needs to go into my notes. ;)

Sheshong

Postby Sheshong » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:21 pm

"Yahya" wrote:I think you are talking about SWII. :o :rolleyes:

That was not the way that scenario was intended, but I found it a nice twist and left it in. It definitely puts pressure on the player. Do not fret; SWIII will be tame by comparison, or at least more controllable by the player.

There most likely will be another scenario in this tale that will begin similarly, but I will try and make it less annoying, and more entertaining. I just had a good idea while writing this, so it needs to go into my notes. ;)

I know that history shows all of the battles that Egypt had but some of the scenarios just have too many raiders right off of the bat for me personally. :)
I don’t mind a challenge in the game but I also play for fun!
To me the COTN game is based on food and bricks and when you can’t have either it is no fun for me. You can’t have an army without food! :(

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:31 pm

"Sheshong" wrote:I know that history shows all of the battles that Egypt had but some of the scenarios just have too many raiders right off of the bat for me personally. :)
I don’t mind a challenge in the game but I also play for fun!
To me the COTN game is based on food and bricks and when you can’t have either it is no fun for me. You can’t have an army without food! :(

Yes. I agree with you. I learned a few things about making a more tough scenario in II. I have to ratchet that back a little bit in III. I think I accidentally deleted a bunch of clay on one side of the river there. That was stupid. Need to make sure I check for those sprites, cuz that is a killer. Food was intentionally tough there, though. Be glad that I turned that down, because the losses were initially twice as high! :D

I am curious: did you finish SWII?

thegrad

Thank you

Postby thegrad » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:25 pm

"tomnobles" wrote:Nice, hard game Thegrad, Thanks. Oh yeah, and sneaky too, I only had 32 laborers.

Thank you for playing the game, I try to put a suprise in every game I make, otherwise it would be like playing the same game over and over. :D :D I look forward to seeing your city. :D :D

tomnobles

Sorry bout that!

Postby tomnobles » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:12 pm

"thegrad" wrote:Thank you for playing the game, I try to put a suprise in every game I make, otherwise it would be like playing the same game over and over. :D :D I look forward to seeing your city. :D :D

I made an edit to my original post. I saved the game for the intention of taking screen shots & got sidetracked. :rolleyes:

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Thank you Thegrad, very enjoyable. Nice surprise there! :)

thegrad

Thank you

Postby thegrad » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:29 pm

"Kiya" wrote:Thank you Thegrad, very enjoyable. Nice surprise there! :)

Kiya; Thank you for playing the game. I hope everyone enjoys the surprise. ;)
Thank you again. :D

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:41 pm

Thanks Grad. Nice scenario. They are always good and I enjoyed playing it. :)

I chose it as the first to play after the new update so I could use the Brickyard, but with all the Bricks coming in a DOP which you could move about it wasn't necessary to have one, so this aspect is still a mystery to me.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:23 pm

"Herodotus" wrote:Thanks Grad. Nice scenario. They are always good and I enjoyed playing it. :)

I chose it as the first to play after the new update so I could use the Brickyard, but with all the Bricks coming in a DOP which you could move about it wasn't necessary to have one, so this aspect is still a mystery to me.

Herodotus; Thank you for playing the game. You made a great looking city. I am always glad to see how different each citiy can be made. :D :D

Return to “User-created Scenarios”