Southern Forts

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
tomnobles

Southern Forts

Postby tomnobles » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:19 am

Well I showed the triggers :D
I think? Anyway, here's another scenario from the ole CB'er tomnobles. :)

I even went all out and did some (a lot) research. Timeline is during the reign of Senusret III. Map is small (160x160) and has total resources. I'll pop some screenies from my last test.

This one is a great improvement over my first one. Please give comments good or bad, I can handle it. :rolleyes:
Rating: Somewhere between Easy & Extreemly Easy.

Southern Forts Ver. 1.1 _ fixed "No deaths & birthdays", changed food & brick supply. :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tomnobles on Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Scenario

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Goodie!!!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:12 am

Another gorgeous map, Tomnobles!

It sure was a looong way across the Nile to the granite & basalt. Just the way I like it.

For those players unfamiliar with the camera settings, the scenario starts on Normal Zoom. F2 changes it back to "normal" Full Camera.

The scenario "say whats?" were interesting... :eek:

Image #1 was an early military battle return & the soldiers decided to kill those three lions on the way back. Never seen this before. :cool:

I absolutely loved it. Thank you! :D

EDIT: This post was written after playing v1.0. The camera is back to "normal" Full Camera for v1.1 & the "say whats?" are gone. ;) It should be a bit harder now. Thankx, Tomnobles! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:48 pm

Yup, v1.1 is excellent, Tomnobles! :D

I built on the basalt/granite side of the Nile this time, with a remote brick camp & also a remote labor camp for limestone quarrying.

Definitely harder now! Got all the raiders, cuz I delayed attacking & saw the caravan this time.

First three images are at win & the last image is the completed labor camp a few years later.

Oh, I have a snot laugh for you! Pharaoh never died (go figure!) :rolleyes: I usually start my scenarios with Pharaoh at least 40... <evil grin>

Thank you again! :)

EDIT: Forgot something. You used Nubian Raiders & I wonder if the Raider type changes things? They only came in groups of 3 or rarely 4 soldiers. I have seen 4 & rarely 5 quite often in other scenarios. I also wonder if each raider type is stronger than other types.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:39 am

I'm pretty sure raiders are a ramdom event. When I tested there were 3 the first time and 5 the rest of the time. I also had barracks close to the edge and the raiders went right into the barracks. Cleaned'm out too. :D Then left.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:17 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:...You used Nubian Raiders & I wonder if the Raider type changes things? They only came in groups of 3 or rarely 4 soldiers. I have seen 4 & rarely 5 quite often in other scenarios. I also wonder if each raider type is stronger than other types.

Interesting point, Tink. I believe the number of raiders is random, anywhere from 3 to 5, as tomnobles wrote. The way that I control how many raiders there will be is by spawning a set number of them. I am messing around with objects now, so as to produce, say 25 raiders at once. It would prove more fun that way. :p

Also, interesting question about the strength of raiders. Maybe we can do some tests with an Egyptian warrior and different types of raiders. Should be pretty easy on grass (might need a palace) with one of each guy. Maybe I will do some initial work tonight.

EDIT: Initial results are that I cannot create a military force that can lose an engagement in the city. I have tried two kinds of raiders thus far, with each and every type of soldier, without any weapons or defenses. My guys win every time. Even when I spawned only one soldier, he actually was able to track down and kill four raiders by himself. I know that our guys can lose, but those initial results are either amazingly one-sided, or the good guys have great strength in the nome.
Last edited by Yahya on Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sheshong

Southern Forts

Postby Sheshong » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:59 pm

:D Great game, loved it. Thanks :)
More games please!

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:13 am

"Sheshong" wrote: :D Great game, loved it. Thanks :)
More games please!

Thanks! And nice pic of the clay pit (just joking:rolleyes :) . Nice city, Palace really stands out.

thegrad

Good one

Postby thegrad » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:20 am

Just finished your Southern Forts. Thanks for the great game. :D :D

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:13 am

"thegrad" wrote:Just finished your Southern Forts. Thanks for the great game. :D :D

Thanks, and usual, you amaze me with your city! :D

Asterix~

Postby Asterix~ » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:21 am

This looks like a really fun map, I'll give it a try tonight. A question, could you link me to the mod that gives you infinite educated workers? I always seem to run into a problem that consists mainly of 50 graduates and no more slots for educated workers. Thanks!

Will post my city when finished.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:08 am

"Asterix~" wrote:This looks like a really fun map, I'll give it a try tonight. A question, could you link me to the mod that gives you infinite educated workers? I always seem to run into a problem that consists mainly of 50 graduates and no more slots for educated workers. Thanks!

Will post my city when finished.

Normally Graduates are: Hard = Max 25
Normal = Max 35

It's been a while and I don't remember if this is the mod. Just make sure you backup the file that you are replacing (which is true with any mod).

Forum link 6th post.
Last edited by tomnobles on Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Found right link & changed it.

Asterix~

Postby Asterix~ » Thu May 01, 2008 6:51 am

Thank you tomnobles! I didn't get to the map yesterday because v1.2 was being really stupid. But ill get to it tonight :D

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Thu May 01, 2008 10:38 pm

"Asterix~" wrote:Thank you tomnobles! I didn't get to the map yesterday because v1.2 was being really stupid. But ill get to it tonight :D

I updated mine also but the version is actually: 1.1.6.119

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Thanks for the great scenario, Tom.

I built a city on each side of the river.
For some reason I ran out of graduates about 2/3rds the way through.

It took a long time to quarry out all the obelisks, and as I quarried fine limestone on spec I built myself a pyramid while I was waiting.

Incidentally despite the tip about raiders, I found raiders appeared early before I even opened any WM sites.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Thanks, and WOW, I'm impressed. Nice city(s). :)

Miut

Postby Miut » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:19 am

Thank you, tomnobles! Enjoyed this a lot. :)

Found the Obelisk quarrying took ages cos only 1 person quarried at a time, so I still had 2 to build. Pictures are just after the Win s I was trying to finish the Obelisks. :)

MoonHeart

Postby MoonHeart » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:49 pm

Sounds war like.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:56 am

Yes you are correct. The only way for Egypt to expand its borders past the first cataract was war. However I feel it is only a small part of the scenario. There is much more than capturing a few cities (and mines). Also I usually do research before making a scenario, so I have listed a few links for your viewing & reading pleasure.

Map of Fourteen 12th Dynasty Nile Fortresses
http://www.specialtyinterests.net/map_nile_fortresses.html

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/fortresses.htm

http://www.egyptologyonline.com/the_army_in_ancient_egypt.htm

http://www.specialtyinterests.net/journey_to_nubia.html
Last edited by tomnobles on Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forgot to add links

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:57 pm

File replaced.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”