King Of Two Lands

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
tomnobles

King Of Two Lands

Postby tomnobles » Tue May 06, 2008 5:14 am

The unification of the two lands was the single most important event in Egyptian history. Over 100 years after he was discovered, Horus Narmer (Menes), is still being theorized and spectulated about. How did he unify Egypt, War or Peace?

Was he of Thinite or rather of Hierakonpolite origins? Was he even of Royal blood? We know that his tomb was built at Abydos although the most important specimens from his reign come from Nekhen -Hierakonpolis- (where they were re-buried centuries after his death).

There have been found some statuettes and several serekh on vessels or sherds from a lot of sites in Upper and Lower Egypt as well as from the western and eastern egyptian deserts and the Canaanite area. So after 100+ years they have come to the conclusion that he probably existed.

In this scenario - You decide was it WAR or PEACE! Your choices will show on the WM as War or Peace. Chose wisely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tomnobles on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed reference to pic's that were lost due to server crash.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue May 06, 2008 5:24 am

Where's the file? ;)

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Tue May 06, 2008 5:46 am

"Azeem" wrote:Where's the file? ;)

Sorry bout that! :o

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu May 08, 2008 6:55 am

Lots of stuff to do on this World Map!

This is for the War option. Apparently the win trigger requires certain World Map sites to be unsuspended, so if anyone doesn't get a win screen with the World Map complete, just make sure everything is turned back on.

Loved it, Tomnobles. Thank you! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Thu May 08, 2008 3:23 pm

Thanks Tinkerbell! And yes Tel Arad & Byblos must be open for a win (plus a few more, but don't to take all the fun out of it).

Sheshong

Postby Sheshong » Fri May 09, 2008 3:26 pm

I have really enjoyed all of your scenarios :) , but on this one the river and map are waaay too big and causes to much lag for me, :o sorry.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat May 10, 2008 4:11 am

This is the peaceful option on your final version with everything turned on, Tomnobles, built on the granite side of the Nile with a brick/labor camp on the limestone side.

I tried something I have never done before. No Shrines ever ~ All 14 Temples in the main city. Man-o-man, it was ugly until I got some statues imported & a bunch of Priests to keep them open. :eek:

First two images at win & last two on continue play which took a long time to get all Grand Obelisks built from my labor camp. I used no laborers in my main city.

Thank you again! :D

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sat May 10, 2008 5:25 am

Thanks again Tinkerbell! Man, thats a lot work! Impressive!

And temples! Did they appear to work better that shrines?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat May 10, 2008 5:55 am

"tomnobles" wrote:And temples! Did they appear to work better that shrines?

No way! W/o a statue, everyone is screaming "Couldn't worship properly". Since small basalt only came in 2 per year, I had a LOT of very unhappy campers for awhile. After I had all statues, they worked pretty much the same as shrines except for High/No Floods gave me a Red Alert on my Admin Report. I believe it was cuz the Hapi one I couldn't keep lit consistently. Probably should have moved it closer to one of my Gods Priests by recarving.

As it turned out, I could have planned them better, but I wanted all the doors facing the same way & symmetrical. Gods Priests in the center instead of the edges would have worked better.

I'll stick with Shrines, cuz I used three times as many Gods Priests with Temples. The remote camp has one dedicated Temple to Patron & the 2nd one undedicated so it would cover the other Gods. Remote camp was still not very happy with me but they got by.

It was interesting! :rolleyes:

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat May 10, 2008 8:37 am

your crazy.. all temples?

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D

I usually have temples only to Isis, Osiris, Hapi, Hathor - and sometimes Amun.. the ones that many people like to worship simultaneously... that's the benefit to temples.. more people can warship.
the rest get shrines.. patron gets a cult temple

sometimes I give Hapi a cult temple and Anubis
but thats cause their special o_0

Texas Bill

Download screen is blank

Postby Texas Bill » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:31 pm

When I try to download the file, I get nothing but a different BLANK PAGE.
What GIVES???
This happens with a number of scenarios.
I have downloaded version 3.1 on top of the original.
Does that make a difference??

Texas Bill

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:00 pm

I think they changed servers and lost some files. I'm going to try and remove the hard drive from old computer & transfer to this one. Maybe tomorrow.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:13 pm

Oh dear! Is this why some of my posted images don't show up? Only a blank box?

I have every scenario ever posted available for upload if anyone needs it.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:54 pm

File replaced.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks, Tom :D

Tons of Limestone indeed :rolleyes:
I chose the peace option, I have no idea whether this was "wise" or not.

There was, however something peculiar about the city. I hit severe lag. Not graphics related. I've never had lag of any sort on any Cotn scenario before.

Every few seconds the city would just stop altogether for a few more seconds and then start again. It was almost imposible to place anything unless the game was paused. This was so problematical that I was on the point of giving up. and if I had had any substantial building to do I probably would have done.
I loaded up other scenarios to ensure it was only this one that I'm having a problem with.

BTW, just noticed that Tinkerbell's attachments are missing

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Thanks Herodotus. Sorry about the lag problem, could very well be a design flaw. However, that is most likely caused by sprite overload and sometimes river design.

A server problem lost several files a while back. This is the reason for blank pics and blank pages when clicking on a link.

Tim2500

Postby Tim2500 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:45 am

Hi. This is the first User-created Scenarios that i have try to play and all was going well until now, but for some reason i can't ship granite across the river, no matter were i put the barge landings and build barge's(and have 2 overseer's set to build Obelisks) it still tells me water is blocking the route.
I'm using Alexandria if this might be the problem ? or if someone could post a savegame of this scenario so i can see were they put there landings...many thanks

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:55 am

It might be something else, not just placing barge landings. Could you please post a save game for us. I can take a look at it. :)

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi Tim,
I'm afraid I built my city on the side where the quarry was, so didn't need to ship the obelisks.
But I don't think you do either, unless you want to. You could erect the obelisks by the quarry, and you will need some for the World Map site and these don't need to be shipped either.

This does not solve your problem of why they won't ship, however, so it might be a good idea to post a save like Kiya suggests.

If it helps, on the quarry side of the river I built 2 barge landings in the tip of the long U shaped alcove and another one at each end of the flood plain.
I did not have any on the other bank.

Tim2500

Postby Tim2500 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:50 pm

Ok here is the save..have just built another shipwright on the other bank just in case and more landings so there are no barges there at the mo. hope someone can help.

If not will build them on otherside of the river.....Tim

Return to “User-created Scenarios”