Thutmosis III 2 of 2

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
tomnobles

Thutmosis III 2 of 2

Postby tomnobles » Sat May 31, 2008 1:02 am

In Thutmose III - Part One, you took control of Egypt by quelling the resistance at Megiddo and pushed your borders beyond the Euphrates, making you the pharoah that made Egypt an Empire.

Well Menkheperre (real name), it's time to complete your 54 year reign by expanding your borders south to the fourth cataract (oops, map only goes to the third :( ) and complete your work for the Gods while building for your noble class. You'll build tombs for your viser and scribes at the Valley of the Nobles and continue with your own at the Valley of the Kings.

Naturally you'll have to honor the Amun triad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tomnobles on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Replaced lost .scn file

thegrad

Good Game

Postby thegrad » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:40 am

Good game Tom, Your army was more to my liking. Thanks for the scenairo, I am ready for your next one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

geeksdoitbetter

Postby geeksdoitbetter » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:32 am

hey, there!

i'm enjoying the layout of your world map, although i don't see anything below the "second cataract" line

a bit confused on the goals for the mastabas - is it that i need 5 mastabas with nobles in them and 5 with pharaoh in them? (which means i need to wait for my pharaoh to die 5 times?)
Last edited by geeksdoitbetter on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnnT

Postby AnnT » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:25 pm

Good morning, Geeks.
You just build the mastabas, no need for people, er, mummies to inhabit them. you can right click on the mastabas and designate pharoah, royal family, nobles, or anyone if you want.

good luck with the Scenario :)

geeksdoitbetter

Postby geeksdoitbetter » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:09 pm

thanks, annt!

i've definately got 5 regular and 5 large mastabas built

a temple and a cult temple (with statues) dedicated to Amun

and, there's no open spots left to click on the world map

i wonder what i'm missing?

i'm attaching my saved file, if anyone has a chance to take a look and steer me in the right direction

AnnT

Postby AnnT » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:19 pm

There seems to be a problem....Anything on Y axis below 390 doesn't show up on the world map on my system. (and apparently on Geeks, either) and that would be the 3rd cataract items.

so....is there some map we're missing? I've never run into this before....
Last edited by AnnT on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:34 pm

geeksdoitbetter; I took a look at your game, and you have not opened the southern part of the world map. One of the goals states you must expand your realm to the 3rd cataract which means you will need to build an army.

AnnT

Postby AnnT » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:53 pm

"AnnT" wrote:There seems to be a problem....Anything on Y axis below 390 doesn't show up on the world map on my system. (and apparently on Geeks, either) and that would be the 3rd cataract items.

so....is there some map we're missing? I've never run into this before....

well, solved my own little problem. After changing my screen res to other than 1024 (which I've been running the game on for various reasons), the rest of the map shows up. before this, I could see the words "second cataract" but nothing below that. It was at the bottom edge of the screen.

arrrrghghghgh. I hate it when I'm stupid! Thanks for the PMs folks :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:15 pm

Howdy, Geeksdoitbetter!

I am about to play this one tonight, but saw your post. Your save has a few problems. You are not properly turning your buildings & I am shocked that your bricklayers are not stuck in brickmaker's courtyards.

The obvious problem is caused by your improperly turned lux shops. You have many duplicates of merchant peddlers stuck next to the lux shops, causing them not function & the World Map to send duplicates every year & they really begin to pile up.

Now, you have met every goal except for the last one ~ expand to the 3rd Cataract. I waited for triggers to fire, but none did.

So I cheated! :D

It looks like Tomnobles did something in the editor VERY evil & doesn't really give you an Obvious hint.

You have one soldier tent. Build TEN total! ;)

My World Map appears to be fine. 3rd Cataract shows barely at the bottom of the screen, if anyone cares.

PS ~ About settings on tombs. The game doesn't really check for settings. Just get the sizes correct for the goal.

Good Luck! :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geeksdoitbetter

Postby geeksdoitbetter » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:41 am

thanks, annt! i'll fiddle with the resolution

and, thanks to tinkerbell! i never knew why those poor merchants got stuck

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:15 pm

Here's your win screen & my city a few years later, Tomnobles!

You made bricks difficult, eh? My remote brick camp wouldn't even work (not that there were many places to build one), so I nuked it. That wuz funny!

Loved it! Thank You! :D

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:50 am

Thanks to thegrad & Tinkerbell. I've had Internet problems for a while.

The soldiers I did for a reason, but never figured anyone would just build one. Bricks? I thought I had built a clay pit. Hmmm. :)
Last edited by tomnobles on Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:14 am

Yeah, you had "a clay pit", Tomnobles. I actually ended up with three where I built. You require a lot of bricks, so I added my remote brick camp & they walked back to my city! :p

No biggie. Some designers have a lot, some less. I adjust! :D

Sheshong

Postby Sheshong » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Thank you “tomnobles” for all of the great scenarios you have created. :)
I have enjoyed playing them, and I am looking forward to your next one. :D

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:20 pm

Thanks, and nice city. Guess I'm gona have to install a few of the mods and spiff my cities up. :)

Sandra Linkletter

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:24 am

Well, I finished. I don't feel as if I won, even though I have the win screen. I will explain why below.

#1: The win.
#2: My best attempt to build the Valley of the Nobles, which in fact was only used by the Royal family.
#3: The Valley of the Kings. Only one tomb was used by a pharaoh, but it was good to have ample backup.
#4: The real necropolis, because let's face it. The Nobles don't want to have to go that far to visit their dead, and the limestone is all on this side of the Nile. *laughs*
#5: The breadbasket view.
#6: The Dendera Monkey reserves. It is not your fault that the game engine does what it does, when the flood plain has no edge to the river. Normally a peddler's barge beaches on the flood plain when there is no quay, and apparently when there is no such edge it just does nothing.
#7: The proper behavior at the quay, built later. I doubt Dendara ever sold more than the one monkey that is missing from the one ship at the edge of the map, because the other monkey-selling peddler was able to walk into the center of the city. That's not a problem for me, though.

The single clay location was a clever trick which I was too far committed to correct for by the time I noticed, but I did not mind because I had readily available resources to build pyramids for my pharaohs. The time spent waiting for clay to be carried the length of the city and to be made into bricks was therefore well-spent.

I had to open one location promising, as upkeep, gold to which I had no clue on how to acquire until after I promised it. I suspect that is simply a backwards order of triggers, because a location closer to Thebes also appeared at the same time. That was disconcerting, but no real problem.

The game-breaker for me was the eventual requirement for 11 barracks before any more locations appeared on the map. When a location requires 1 spearman, there is no reason on Earth why I would try to recruit 33. :p

After waiting in frustration while my brick stores ran into the thousands, I came here. I read the thread, and misunderstood at first. I built a total of 10 barracks, rather than 10 more. After I had struggled to equip 27 more soldiers while paying the upkeep on all the locations which required weapons and armor, I finally went into the editor and saw that the requirement was 11 barracks. While I was there, I read the rest of the requirements and built all 30 barracks at once. I closed the locations which required weapons and armor, thus running out of gold for upkeep where that was required. While I was waiting for my troops to equip and train, I started some more pyramids.

Eventually I had conquered all but the last battle. I had renewed the upkeep on the gold-producing sites, but then ran short on limestone because my pyramids were earmarking all the limestone for their own use despite a labor force split between quarrying and building. One location closed, and another was not yet open, when I put all my labor to quarrying limestone. My plan was to build up adequate limestone, finish my pyramids, and then re-open the closed sites to win. While they were quarrying, I sent my soldiers to what turned out to be the final battle. This gave me the win screen, but I was in fact losing at that point by my own accounting. That is not including the fact that I looked up the requirements in the editor, which I feel no shame about but does kind of ruin the feeling of winning.

I would suggest that something be added to indicate that the player needs to start building troops in order to continue at that one point. I'm not sure what, but something needs to take the place of telepathy, which most of us don't possess. ;)

MoonHeart

Postby MoonHeart » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:46 pm

I'll have to add this to my long list of scenarios to play! :rolleyes:

Texas Bill

Can't download this Scenario.

Postby Texas Bill » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:17 pm

When I try to download this (and other ) Scenario(s), all I get is a change to a blank page.
I have installed version 3.1. Could that have anything to do with this inability to download certain Scenarios???

Texas Bill

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:16 pm

There was a server problem a while back and things got lost. I'm working on replacing these scenarios. Just hadn't had the chance. Guess I'd better get it in gear, Huh? :)

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:51 pm

File Uploaded again.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”