Exile

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:37 pm

Hmm. Maybe we'll have to troubleshoot that and figure out how it is happening.

Miut

Postby Miut » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:44 am

OK I am having serious problems with this scenario. :( And that is unusual for me.

I never get above 180 absolute Max in the harvest and with any sites I have open. Mostly it is from 50 to maybe 120 at most which is not enough to do anything.

I cannot save enough food to get to even 200. :( As for Copper, where is it, please? So far I have seen no way to get any and I haven't enough food to open the sites fro emeralds, statues, in fact, anything more than I have. So I must be doing something very basic wrong, or have a broken version of the game...

I tried restarting it but no use.

I'd appreciate a Hint please, in a PM here to avoid Spoilers.

EDIT: by the way, loved the Trader/Peddlers called A Step to the Left and A Step to the Right. /giggles with appreciation.

Saved game attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Miut on Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:39 am

"Miut" wrote:As for Copper, where is it, please? So far I have seen no way to get any and I haven't enough food to open the sites fro emeralds, statues, in fact, anything more than I have. So I must be doing something very basic wrong, or have a broken version of the game...

Your version is not broken, keep trying... ;)
As what comes to copper, it is there, a long chain of things though. Hint: keep opening sites. Spoiler:

You need small statues to open Garden Island which again opens copper mines for you, but to get copper you need to open emerald mines to get cedar from another source, to make chariots which you can exchange to gold to get finally copper.

Miut

Postby Miut » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:57 am

Thanks, but how do I solve the food problem? I don't usually overbuild, so I dunno how to make sure I keep more food. I tried shutting routes down to save food....

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:43 am

You have floodplain only for three farms, but you have more. They take away their share of food for nothing and use up villagers. so delete some.

If you don´t have failed floods, the farms should give you arund 250 food a year. You don´t need to set a scribe to collect taxes, since the farms belong to the palace.

More food will come through collecting tariffs from the peddlers. Build more lux shops, assingn some more scribes to this task and let your Shopkeepers produce expensive wares by importing ressources.

You have opened the oasis, but don´t have turquoise for them. Mine some! Your workers and overseer don´t have much else to do anyway.

Despite the map is so small, you have long ways. Your merchant centers are far from the lux shops, and your workers are at the other end than the mines.

You will not have food enough to keep all routes open, so concentrate on small goals and always only open those which you need at that time.

A weapon maker is expensive. Build him when you need him.

I hope this will help. If not, send me a PM.

Good luck!
Last edited by sakasiru on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:45 pm

It looks to me like you are doing fine, Miut. Keep going...

I do not believe extra farmers is a bad thing, sakasiru. They provide childbirth for the city. Also, what food they get is taken from the Palace share, not ours. I don't think it matters.

EDIT: Adding a clarification after reading Miut's response below. Half of the Palace food belongs to the Palace. Farmer's food comes from the Palace half. ;) Same thing as with Nobles ~ farmer's food comes from the Noble half.

It is just that Scribes set to Assess Taxes don't matter, cuz they are only counting Noble farms to keep them honest.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miut

Postby Miut » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:34 pm

Thanks, guys. Was already doing the usual juggling of Trade partners, shutting down routes to save resources when I didn't need their goods.

My, what a very challenging scenario indeed! :D

I am now trying to amass enough kopeshes beyond the trade 6 needed for my army.... I'm already some 45 years into it! :eek: I'm gonna retake my throne as an animated Mummy at this rate!

Sakasiru - thanks.
Yes I did count the fields and realize I only had enough for fewer than 8 farmers, but like Tinkerbell said, I wanted them for the birth rate.
Doh! on the fields are Pharaohs anyway.. I missed that obvious fact! /blushes.
I was only getting 180 food per good Harvest, no more. Yes, I was taking Tarrifs. :)
I didn't build the weapon makers till I did need them, don't worry. :) Mm, didn't think the Laborers were too far from the mines... will check that out.
Turquoise had just run out. I am mining both Tin and Turquoises in rotation to keep them up at about 60 - 70 each - tin only for the kopeshes.

Now, I just want to Win it. :D But I will try it again soon with what I know now and try to complete it sooner.

Again, thanks for the tips. I seem to have been on the right path even though I wasn't sure...
Last edited by Miut on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:46 pm

"Miut" wrote: I'm already some 45 years into it! :eek: I'm gonna retake my throne as an animated Mummy at this rate!

:D
Keep going.... You'll get an extra cookie if you're going to do it all over again from beginning. ;) :)

Miut

Postby Miut » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:21 pm

ROFLMAO! Thank you, I will collect on the cookie. :)

WIN finally - Yay! I was almost an animated Mummy though...

Win piccie attached.

Funny sighting for the day - 2 monkeys working the bellows in a Kopesh maker. :) I only noticed it by accident, and just managed to catch a snapshot of it. :)

Thank you for an extremely challenging game, Sakasiru. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Miut on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:11 am

Congratulations!

And: Amazing how you managed to even get a temple on the map! ;)

Miut

Postby Miut » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:43 am

Thank you. :) It was indeed an exciting challenge.
I did overbuild a little in an attempt to get Prestige as I wasn't sure which path I would take - I has 2 Sphinxes of brick and 2 large brick Horus', plus used one of the Large Statues, one small Isis, one Bast and hmm.. another.. plus all the small steles. :)

Next time, I will try the economy version with the minumum, lol. :)

thegrad

Good One

Postby thegrad » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:04 am

Sakasiru; Thank you for a great game. Look forward to your next one. :D

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:34 am

Congratulations for getting the win screen, and thanks!

Is this getting some sort of contest who finds room for the biggest temple? :)

texasmine

Whew!

Postby texasmine » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:50 pm

This is one of the most difficult scenarios I've played: it's tortuous trying to get the necessary resources. Congratulations!!!

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:48 pm

Has anyone built the obelisk?

thegrad

obelisk

Postby thegrad » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:53 pm

Yes, twice :eek:

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:13 pm

GOOD GRIEF!!! I tried, and tried, but although the food showed in the WL export/import list, I never received the obelisk. I sent enough food for 3 of them. Another problem I encountered was small basalt would disappear even though I had suspended trade with the garden village. Finally solved that problem, but no obelisk. I'm going to try this scenario again.

I WILL BUILD THAT MONSTER.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:24 pm

I have found that if the site that need the small balsalt is not open they will be used by the sculptures in your city. As long as the site is open and placed on reserve the scuplturers will leave them alone. Did you make a DOP just for the obelisk? I ordered 2 just in case.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:28 pm

Hi texasmine!

You have to keep the obelisk trade site open for two successive years. The first year they will come and get their food, but will bring no obelisk with them. The second year they deliver the obelisk and take their payment. So you need to have enough food stored for this to get your obelisk. I considered to change the trade site type to prevent this, but I just felt mean that day :p

Small basalt statues are sometimes bought by sculpture lux shop keepers to sell them. You have to set them on reserve to prevent this, but they also bring a good amount of tariffs when sold ;)

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:55 pm

Thanks for the responses, grad and Sakasiru. I did put the small basalt on reserve...it just took a while...I left my brain in a safe place, and it took me a some time to find it. Also, I did have a designated DOP for the obelisk and left the site open for several years. As I said, took the food, no delivery. However, I have decided to try again and purchase the obelisks b/4 the statues. I LOVE TO HATE THIS SCENARIO.

Had some work done on my computer, so now some things don't seem to work properly: i.e. the camera in CoN. Anyway, attached is win screen in a word document.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”