Exile

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:06 am

Congratulations, texasmine, and thanks for the win screen!

If you want you can upload a save so I can look into what´s wrong with the obelisk. But it seems you were doing quite well without it!

233 prestige in 35 years! Wow! :eek:

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:19 pm

Thanks for the offer, but I have a plan: I'm going to purchase the obelisk b/4 opening some of the other sites. I REALLY have enjoyed this challenge, Sakasiru.

ramuhotep

Postby ramuhotep » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:51 am

My good friend JuliaSet has often complimented me on my "small, efficient cities", so this seemed like a natural challenge for me. And challenge it was. It seems that every time I had the reigns in my teeth, something came along to slow me down again.
Temple? Plenty of room! But either there was a lot of palace intrigue going on, or Pharoah was pulling a Henry VIII. All the small mastabas on the map save one are occupied by a Royal Family member!
Many times my food was in single digits, and several times at 0! But somehow I managed to compile enough food to win.

As to the problems with Resource Report food vs. World Level food, it seems to me that the RR does not include food in Drop-Off Points, while the WL does. Would that explain the reported discrepancies?

piccies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:23 am

Hi ramuhotep!

Congratulations for winning!

Your city looks truely efficient! I think, what´s eating up most space is that most players tend to decorate more, especially when prestige is needed. :D

I like your idea to block the edge space with plazas!

I don´t think 6 family deaths in 50 years is unusual. Personally, I build only pharaoh tombs and noble tombs, sometiemes one or two family, but since they give no prestige hit when not entombed, I forget to stock up once they are occupied.

I looked long and hard what caused the food discrepancy, but I didn´t find an answer. I waited some time to see most of the dop´s empty, since I guesses there was food hidden behind 4 other items, but didn´t discover any. Food in dops is distributed regularly to the bakeries, so it isn´t likely to have so much and at the same time empty bakeries for a long period of time.

ramuhotep

Postby ramuhotep » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:52 pm

Statues are a good way to build Prestige, but for most of the scenario, I decided that I needed food more than I needed statues/steles. Once I started importing, Pharoah's tomb seemed the obvious place for the steles.

On maps where space is at a premiium, I frequently mark "unbuildable" tiles with Plazas. There was an excellent map a couple of years ago which consisted entirely of one island (apologies for forgetting the names of both designer and scenario) where I uploaded a map with all such tiles marked for the help of others.

I'm going to go look for your other scenario now, I'm in the mood for a sprawling city. :)

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:03 pm

Have fun! This time you will have to build bigger :D

texasmine

Mission Obelisk accomplished!

Postby texasmine » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Got it done! This was really aggravatingly fun, Sakasiru. GOOD JOB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MoonHeart

Really Hard!

Postby MoonHeart » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:00 pm

This was really hard! I had to cheat sadly twice. :( But at least I won! :)

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi MoonHeart and welcome to the forums!

May I ask at which point you needed to cheat and why? (and how ;) ?) This scenario is supposed to be hard, but should be playable without cheating :confused:

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:30 am

Sceanario should be available at heaven games forum soon.

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:11 pm

absolutely loved to play this one, Thanks!

In a moment, I saw my perfumers were in trouble, and then I discovered that the olive tree had finished lol

Return to “User-created Scenarios”