The Search for Utopia

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
thegrad

The Search for Utopia

Postby thegrad » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:56 pm

Your people are so tired of war and look to you to find them a more peaceful place to live. You gather your people together and begin the search for Utopia.

This was suppose to be a campaign and if you play them in this order the story will make sense.

Abu Sir, Atlantis, Utopia

I want to thank Sheshong for all the hours she has put in testing my scenarios.
All scenarios were made on CotN_ vi.3.0.1_us
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thegrad on Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:58 pm

Oh, another Atlantis! ;) You two must be cooperating. :p Anyway I downloaded them three now and play them a bit later. Sweet things waiting for me, thanks thegrad. :)

Psalm51

Postby Psalm51 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:28 am

thegrad...They are on my machine now too, thanks.

Sheshong

Postby Sheshong » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:40 pm

These three games would have made a great campaign, (sorry about the campaign editor) but I really enjoyed playing them anyway.
The city map on Atlantis looks very familiar, like in “Zeus”, great job! :cool:
Thanks for the acknowledgement but I have loved playing “all” of your games
Please make some more! :)
Now I will try my hand at Tinkerbell’s game. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thegrad

Thank you

Postby thegrad » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:55 pm

Sheshong; Thank you for replaying the games after testing them. I was hoping the Atlantis game would remind everyone of Zeus.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:29 pm

Zeus? Image looks more like Poseidon, Grad! ;)

Here is Abu Sir. On to Atlantis... :D

thegrad

Right

Postby thegrad » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:35 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Zeus? Image looks more like Poseidon, Grad! ;)

Here is Abu Sir. On to Atlantis... :D

I guess because Poseidon is the add on I think of it as Zeus. :o Anyway I tried my best to make it look like the one in that game. Very pretty city!!!.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:42 pm

One Zeus Hippodrome coming right up!

<we can dew it, Captain! Especially with Atlantian Fire. Probably need to find some Orichalc>

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:04 am

One each basic Hippodrome. :D

I loved your excellent waterways, Grad!

thegrad

Thank You

Postby thegrad » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:44 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:One each basic Hippodrome. :D

I loved your excellent waterways, Grad!

You are so clever. What a perfect Hippodrome. Thank you, You made my day. :D :D :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:32 am

Here is the final city, Part 3 ~ Utopia, Grad. I got a bit carried away with your pyramid this time. :D

Win Screen (last five Fine Limestone being delivered ;) ), then images after carving ~ Farm Section, Labor section & Noble section.

It is much easier to build separate city sections now with v1.3. We can probably fill the map now with little sub-cities, if we can beat the lag monster...

I loved your Campaign. Thank You! :)

thegrad

Thank you so very much

Postby thegrad » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:59 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Here is the final city, Part 3 ~ Utopia, Grad. I got a bit carried away with your pyramid this time. :D

Win Screen (last five Fine Limestone being delivered ;) ), then images after carving ~ Farm Section, Labor section & Noble section.

It is much easier to build separate city sections now with v1.3. We can probably fill the map now with little sub-cities, if we can beat the lag monster...

I loved your Campaign. Thank You! :)

I am so glad you like pyramids now. You decorate yours so nice. Thanks for playing, I just wish I could have made it a real campaign. :D :D

Sandra Linkletter

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:17 am

I've done the first one, so far. I have a couple of questions. :)

1. Did I somehow miss a source of leather for armor?
2. Was I supposed to be able to build the obelisks before I defeated the enemies? I was able to do so as soon as I had located their camps.

Pictures:

#1: The win.
#2: The city.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:54 am

Thank you for playing the game, and no Sandra, you should not be able to have the obelisk before you defeat the raiders. I don't always give leather for the making of armor. because my armies are usually small. There are flaws in this game and since the editor is allowing me to put the three scenairos into a campaign these flaws will be removed. Thank you again for playing.

AnnT

Postby AnnT » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:37 pm

That was great fun, thanks, Thegrad :) I can just imagine Pharaoh starting up a city, only to find raiders and nasties all over the place...so he moves on to another, more productive spot. Perhaps I need to redo Utopia so I can make a pretty city this time. So much thought goes into the cities so many of you post...makes me feel like a "messy martha", as my mother used to say :D

Sandra Linkletter

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:48 pm

The lack of leather was no real problem. I just wondered if I had missed something. :)

Second one also allowed me to build obelisks for enemy camps before I had defeated them.

Edit: I did wonder why I was not required to have a ship to carry my troops.

#2: View side to side.
#3: View front to back, slightly before the win.
Last edited by Sandra Linkletter on Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added ship comment.

Sandra Linkletter

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:13 am

And the final one....

#2: The city, with the exception of the two shipwrights who are off to the right of the farms.

:)

clayson4908

Abu Sir

Postby clayson4908 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:23 am

Thanks -- I loved the map :D :D

I am using one of Paluska's mods for the temple and your mod for the palace -- love the mods, just wish we could have multiple options rather than replacing. Can one explain how the plaza mods work -- I tried using one but apparently didn't do it right they are all still the same:confused :?

Here my city (thanks Kiya for all your help with using screenshots ;) ) -- to date this is my favorite and most complete city - normally I get the win screen on move on to the next map -- really liked this map and real neat challenge with the interlocking world map.

Well on to Atlantis!

thegrad

Thank you so very much

Postby thegrad » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:47 am

Thank you clayson4908 for playing the game. Your city is just beautiful. Looks like a lot of planning went into it. I hope you enjoy the other two scenaios as well. I look forward to seeing you cities. :D

clayson4908

Postby clayson4908 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:38 am

"thegrad" wrote:Thank you clayson4908 for playing the game. Your city is just beautiful. Looks like a lot of planning went into it. I hope you enjoy the other two scenaios as well. I look forward to seeing you cities. :D

Thanks, I spent a long-time on the city after I got the win screen. I spend a lot of time rebuilding things -- brickwork and bricklayer are cheap :D

I just got the win screen on Atlantis but am still working on the city -- had a tough time getting the laborers to work the turquoise and tin mines. I don't always get why they seem to got to the farthest jobsite.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”