Lost Scenario Files?

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Tinkerbell

Lost Scenario Files?

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:25 pm

If anyone cannot download User Created Scenario Files in this section, please let me know & I can upload my files. I have checked a few threads. Some work & some don't. It would probably work best if you posted in (bumped) the specific thread & not here.

Thank you :)

It looks like the problem has only hit certain uploaders & mostly relatively older upload files. The C4 UCS section appears to be fine. I don't know if TM can fix the problem or whether or not we need to reupload the files. It looks like it happened when the forum crashed last month.

I have everything that has ever been posted here to help.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:47 pm

bump ;)

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:12 am

I had the same problem with both SWI and SWII, but both appear to be fixed now, though that was quite a challenge. (The upload utility seemed a little sluggish.)

Anything TM can do would be greatly appreciated.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Howdy again! I'm bumping this thread for not only the obvious reason (.scn scenario files that no longer work, due to the forum problems in November-December 2008. There were two. ;) ), but to add a few suggestions...

1) I like to play all scenario versions, especially the early ones that might even appear to be a bit broken to certain players. I love them cuz of the challenge that "broken" scenarios bring to the table. :D They are always a HOOT! I suggest that scenariomakers put a version number after their updated .scn files to alert players that the scenario has changed & there is a new version to play. Perhaps especially leave the original/early versions also. This really helps. More different scenarios to play. You went to all that work, so let us enjoy all versions!

2) Always edit your scenario versions into your first post, cuz this post is where players look first. Many of us don't want to read the spoiler posts/images later in the thread until after we play & will miss an update on page 2.

3) Please be sure to note the COTN patch/update version you are threading with a new scenario & whether it was created using the Alexandria Xpac in the first post.

4) Please do not forget to play the scenarios on the other pages. Some of the best ever designed were the earlier ones. Recent does not necessarily mean better!

Of course, you are always free to do anything you wish & ignore what I suggest. You are always the boss of your own scenarios. ;)

5) For you players, there are quite a few of the early scenarios .scn that no longer work. The only way I & others will know which ones need replacing/reuploading from our collection is if you bump the thread so we can upload our files. Please don't be shy! We are here to help!

Thank you! :)

Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:37 pm

Good ideas, man. I will (try and remember to) comply. :)

Also, older pictures are missing as well. That makes for quite a problem in older threads that pointed to pictures to explain something.

Unfortunately, I'd imagine that most of those are gone now.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Yep. Images went first & then the game files. ;)

The image problem is forum wide. The game file problem is localized to only this section.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:51 pm

"Yahya" wrote:Also, older pictures are missing as well.

Actually I did some search, randomly looked at two threads, Dakhia Oasis by thegrad and Jewel of the Nile. It seems pics by some posters are gone and not by some others regardless whether they are new or old. One of those whose pics are gone is Tinkerbell and her alt, so maybe the forums just don't like her? ;) :D

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Her? Image

EmperorJay

Postby EmperorJay » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Hmm, not sure if the one and only scenario I ever released deserves an update, but good suggestions Tink!

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:19 am

"Rnett" wrote:Her? Image

LOL. :D :p

AnnT

Postby AnnT » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:37 am

I just put the kepher scenario file in the kepher thread, if anyone is looking for it. I hope it is a working file. I can't find my CotN disc at the moment, so can't test it.

Ann

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:35 pm

It works beautifully, AnnT! Thank you so much for coming through for us!

You ROCK! :)

AnnT

Postby AnnT » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:13 pm

If there are more missing that you can't find elsewhere, I may have them. I remember one that the link didn't work on here, someone was wanting it...that one, of course, I didn't have. Odd, too, since I remember playing the scenario....was one with a number of attached files

Now if I could just find that bloody disc.....

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:25 am

Tinkerbell, will you please put up Disoposlis-Dynasty XX. My file is corrupted.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:17 pm

"texasmine" wrote:Tinkerbell, will you please put up Disoposlis-Dynasty XX. My file is corrupted.

Please bump the thread you want to have the file replaced. There are several Diospolis threads.

Tutu

Postby Tutu » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi Tinkerbell,

thank you for your try to help...they are some of the past scenarios that I couldn't open...like the last one: Anisazi: The Ancient Ones

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:10 pm

Howdy, Tutu!

Please post in the thread affected, to bump the thread to the top, so I know which file to replace.

Thank you! :)

Tutu

Postby Tutu » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:00 pm

ok....

thanks... ;-)

texasmine

Postby texasmine » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Tinkerbell, thanks for all your help with these lost scenarios. I found an old disk that I had downloaded Diospolis on. I'm good. I WILL get back to pre-Ike normal someday.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Shameless bump.

Yahya has a lot of files to replace the lost ones. My old Sony is now dead, so I am helpless for now to replace files.

Again, if you have problems with downloading any User Created Scenario, please bump the UCS thread to the top of the forum section so someone can replace the file. Please do not create a new thread here nor elsewhere, but the specific thread in question.

Thank You! :)

Return to “User-created Scenarios”