Nile Offline Freeplay Scenario

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
tomnobles

Nile Offline Freeplay Scenario

Postby tomnobles » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:44 am

Freeplay (Sandbox) scenario built on a map size of 400 x 400. For enhanced version and Alexandria [Older machines may have a problem.]

Capital city is Tjeny. Patron god is Maat.

You have four cities on World Level in four different nomes to found as your governorates. Each of these cities have a world level monument you can also build. Each of the cities require an upkeep for them to remain open. They are listed below in city order & reverse Nome order.
    [1] Nennusu (Heracleopolis) - 20th Nome
    [2] Khmun (Hermopolis) - 15th Nome
    [3] Abydos - 8th Nome
    [4] Thebes (located at the present day Luxor) - 4th Nome

The first city will be revealed to you when your prestige reaches a set amount (150). After founding one, another will be revealed until all four are founded. The monument for each city will be revealed upon founding of city.

"Fort Win" on World Level map is an unconditional win trigger for population checks, lab checks, etc. Make sure you save the game before sending an envoy to "Fort Win". Re-load the saved game to continue playing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tomnobles on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Replaced World Levev pic with correct one. Sentence structure.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:04 am

Is this for 1.3 or Alexandria?
Same question other thread.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Was built using enhanced version (1.3.0.1). Playable with both Alexandria and enhanced version only. Sorry about that.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Thanks Tom.
Wow: 21 downloads already, must be a demand for this sort of thing.
Hope I don't meet the lag-monster

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:07 pm

My machine has 2GB RAM and 1GB Video and definite lag on large one. Not bad with small (225x225) one.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:29 pm

I switched to the small map -- the large one was too large. (Pity the minimap doesn't zoom though, it would make navigation easier.)

But there are "events" that occur at the start on the large map that don't happen on the smaller map. Is that as it is supposed to be?

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:49 pm

The multiple prestige messages were a glitch that attached itself to the large map. I tried all I know to fix it and never could find it. Possibly a bug, because I was going to make a 300 x 300 and the same thing happened. It didn't occur with the 225x225. It is an annoyance though.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Cross-referencing to a Tech Thread thread about a modded version of this scenario ~ FYI.

Severe pathing problem: stubborn citizens

So far, this scenario is going fine for me & I am using Alexandria via Steam Offline.

EDIT: Adding images of where I am now. The Lag Monster has barely started to appear on mah pitiful white box, but all is well (so far). :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:44 pm

Thanks. I tested it in both Enhanced & Alexandria. I don't remember the pathing issue with Alexandria. Never had any problems, just irritations. :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:31 am

Howdy again, tomnobles!

I am still wading through this scenario & it is taking a very long time. :D The Lag Monster has hit big time. LOL. I knew it would on mah pitiful white box. Most of the delay was from my 3-week trip to New York. ;) I am already behind by about 10 new scenarios in the UCS section.

...life IS good...

World Map is going well ~ I have most visible areas opened, rate-limited by Envoy production (Ugh ~ You take lessons from Grad? :p ) <ducking>

Notes

1) Your WM site labels are very confusing. You have used different labels for site, major label & minor label (inclucing the label that turns on with the button at the bottom of the WM screen) & this causes grief figuring out which label to use for DOPs & which city is the fist of four you were talking about.

2) Fort Al-Arish had no hand, so I took it to be an open & not an attack site. Requires 3 each spear, archers & chariots to open. So, I built the soldiers & still no hand. Red Alert! I know what this means. Either it is a water site & requires a warship (which a scenariomaker should never do w/o a hint in the site description, or we get a forum post ;) , or you exceeded the 3 max activation limits. I would probably never have noticed this, but I just so happened to have ZERO food at the time. :D OK, I waited to the next harvest & sure enough, the hand showed up. Later when checking #3 below, I find that the site requires not only the food (500) but also 500 bricks. Obviously I had tons of bricks.

Even though the soldier activation adds together under one WM icon, it still counts as three. So, anyone having problems with this, please note the full open requirements.

3 spear, 3 archers, 3 chariots, 500 bread, 500 bricks.

3) Your Scenario Info Screen is incorrect & this led me to think there were problems with the scenario & forced me to the Editor, especially noting the labelling confusion I talked about in #1 above. I was basically lost. While I was there, I checked on the fort in #2 above, trying not to cheat on anything else. Scenario Info Screen sez first city appears when prestige exceeds max palace prestige (which is 20). So, I went hmmmm, "I have waaay over 20 prestige", & kept playing ~ hoping for it to appear. When the city finally appeared (and it has the labelling problem from #1 above), I had a prestige of 153 & I went to the editor to see why the error.

You probably meant what the trigger sez. City #1 appears when prestige >= 150. The word "palace" threw me off.

The best part of the scenario so far is the loooong Pharaoh funeral procession all the way to your large mastaba. It took forever! One for the record books!

As an aside & this is probably not your fault, the granite quarry appears to be broken. No obvious reason, either. Pathing appears fine. Large map, lag & my pitiful computer? Anyhoo, laborers begin to quarry & then poof they are gone. More come & begin to pound on stone & poof gone again. I don't actually see how they go poof, I only find them pounding on stone, which means they have been overseer activated, but I never get any granite. The next time I goto the quarry, laborers are gone. Weirdest thing I have ever seen. I wonder what will happen when the WM site that requires 2, 2, & 2 granite upkeep each year is opened? Should be a hoot, depending on what type of site you made it to be.

I am enjoying it, just letting it run by itself, while I do other things. I will get this sucker done before I die of old age. LOL ;)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”