Nile Offline Freeplay - 225x225 Map

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
tomnobles

Nile Offline Freeplay - 225x225 Map

Postby tomnobles » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:40 am

Freeplay (Sandbox) scenario built on a map size of 225 x 225. For enhanced version and Alexandria [Older machines should not have a problem]. This is the same world Level , but slightly Different city map (other than being smaller).

Capital city is Tjeny. Patron god is Maat.

You have four cities on World Level in four different nomes to found as your governorates. Each of these cities have a world level monument you can also build. Each of the cities require an upkeep for them to remain open. They are listed below in city order & reverse Nome order.

* [1] Nennusu (Heracleopolis) - 20th Nome

* [2] Khmun (Hermopolis) - 15th Nome

* [3] Abydos - 8th Nome

* [4] Thebes (located at the present day Luxor) - 4th Nome

The first city will be revealed to you when your prestige reaches a set amount (150). After founding one, another will be revealed until all four are founded. The monument for each city will be revealed upon founding of city.

"Fort Win" on World Level map is an unconditional win trigger for population checks, lab checks, etc. Make sure you save the game before sending an envoy to "Fort Win". Re-load the saved game to continue playing.

Revised scenario; Added oasis and enlarged floodplain

Uploaded version2 which is same with extended flood plain for building of larger cities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tomnobles on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Uploaded Version2 - Extended flood plain for larger cities.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:56 am

Excellent, Tom.

I think people will love this one. You can be creative and do exactly what you want with it.

I think I chose a middle route. I had a smallish cental labour camp, did a bit of quarrying here and there, extracted a few obelisks, steles and statues and imported a lot more. My work force were jacks of all trades, and the best paid and least worked in all Egypt and they still built some pyramids.

A Sandbox with a Win screen! Genius idea :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks Herodotus.

Nice screen shots. That makes designing a scenario worth the effort.

tomnobles

Large city is possible

Postby tomnobles » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Large city is possible with this map but flood plain needs to be extended some. Just in case you are wondering what it takes to run a large city, I may let you know if I ever find out. :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:49 pm

OMG

:eek:

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:05 pm

fantastic and sensational!

tomnobles

What it takes to run a large city

Postby tomnobles » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Final Episode. Finally ran out of flood plain. A population of 9900 needs over 400 tombs, more than 500 common shops and eight pharaohs. Of course there's more, but that is the highlite.

I found that two nobles can be buried in one mastaba and they will even pay for a large mastaba. Wonder how much bread that cost?

For your viewing pleasure I have uploaded a save. Go ahead and take it over 10,000, you can do it.

Also uploaded another version of same map with extended flood plain. Refer to first post.
Last edited by tomnobles on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trayon5

Postby Trayon5 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:21 am

Howdy tomnobles, I'm having a problem with the camera. I can't hold middle mouse right click and then have a free moving camera like the other scenarios. Have I accidentally undone something I shouldn't have?
Last edited by Trayon5 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Howdy, Trayon5!

tomnobles' save has a lot of lag for me, but at least it doesn't crash, as it would have on my old pitiful Sony! :D

It is difficult to work the camera during lag, so try putting the game on pause to move around.

tomnobles also has his COTN modded to have 255 max Educated Workers & the mod is not stored in the save, so most of his Educated Workers will soon depopulate ~ limited by prestige as it adjusts to our game.

My Win Screen shows 9863 popultion. :eek: Most I have ever seen or seen posted, by far.

Nice City, Tom! :)

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:26 pm

"Trayon5" wrote:Howdy tomnobles, I'm having a problem with the camera. I can't hold middle mouse right click and then have a free moving camera like the other scenarios. Have I accidentally undone something I shouldn't have?

Sorry, I should have mentioned the workarounds. I changed my settings to "Best Preformance" (lowest graphics setting) and changed it to high graphics for taking screenshots. I noticed the problem with scrolling also, but like Tinkerbell said, pause it. In pause you should have no problem.

I had a city with a population of over 10,000, played on my first sandbox, but the sever ate it. :D

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:41 pm

"Trayon5" wrote:Howdy tomnobles, I'm having a problem with the camera. I can't hold middle mouse right click and then have a free moving camera like the other scenarios. Have I accidentally undone something I shouldn't have?

tomnobles, I am having this same problem, and it is not related to lag. I am pretty sure Trayon5 is talking about the same effect I am seeing.

When I load the scenario and click proceed the map loads. Not the save game with 9+k people.

Nothing built so no lag to speak of..

If I mouse wheel up to zoom in, my camera zooms in and levels into first person view. If I zoom out the camera changes to top-down view.

And I no longer have a free moving camera with the right mouse button. The camera is tied to the zoom function.

Must be in the scenario file because if I load another map or saved game the camera goes back to normal.

I looked everywhere and could not find any settings for the camera that would effect this scenario.

What am I missing?
:cool:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:58 pm

PantherX, F2 hotkey. Toggles camera view mode.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:55 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:PantherX, F2 hotkey. Toggles camera view mode.

Really? How the heck could I not know that? Image

Thanks!
Guess I'll go review the keyboard shortcuts... Image

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Howdy PantherX,

I don't understand why you are having problems. I tried both scenarios and they work at Full Camera Control upon load - Version 1.3.0.1.

Didn't try them with Alexandria.

The editor has the same toggle (F2) and can load in Normal Camera instead of Full Control if saved as such.

Anyway, the Tink is right, if it don't work tap F2. It will tell you (upper left) what mode you toggled to.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:02 am

"PantherX" wrote:Really? How the heck could I not know that? Image

Inside back cover of manual. Or, Help Menu F1 or big ? ==> Camera Controls ;)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:21 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Inside back cover of manual. Or, Help Menu F1 or big ? ==> Camera Controls ;)

Exactly! I didn't even remember it was possible to change the mode, much less go look for a way to do it. I must be getting senile already. And once I tapped F2 it worked perfectly. I will be starting it tomorrow AM.

John-SJ

Postby John-SJ » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi Tom,

I just loaded up the version 2 scenario for the first time and I had the camera mode problem as well. And like PantherX, when I hit F2 it went into full camera control mode and works fine. I am playing CotN Enhanced, if that makes any difference.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Sorry about that. It is totaly my fault I'm sure. When saving a scenario in the editor, It saves the screen mode you were in at the time.

F2 is a toggle and will display the mode in upper left corner of screen for a few seconds.
Last edited by tomnobles on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”