Realm of the Gods

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:30 pm

"NobleSeth" wrote:sounds great i will try it at alexandria :)

Have fun! :)

"NobleSeth" wrote:and double congratulations ! 4 the scenario and 4 the baby :D

Thanks! Already working on the next...

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:22 pm

"sakasiru" wrote:Have fun! :)

Thanks! Already working on the next...

:) next scenario and baby?

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:07 pm

"NobleSeth" wrote: :) next scenario and baby?

Yep, wondering what I'll manage first...

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:07 am

awesome! :D go 4 it! :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:25 am

Excellent Scenario, sakasiru!

I could easily tell all your blood, sweat & tears went into this one. Absolutely loved it!

Images are of my three cities ~ Main, Remote Brick/Basalt with Temple Complex & finally Limestone Quarry with Great Pyramid.

Thank You! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:57 am

Hey, that was fast! :eek: Great city!

I have a picture of my soldiers walking over the pass, too. Makes for great screenshots...

I miss your tiny sphinxes! Did you do all prestige with those statues? :eek:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Watching the soldiers Reed Boat across the Nile was outstanding also! I thought I took images, but don't have those. Ratz!

I went through several early periods of early FOOD & especially Prestige Hell! You can see in my image of the soldiers that my Overseers are about to Class Dissatisfaction leave. They were not happy there. After that image, I nuked most of the papyrusmakers. Later, nuked all Commanders. Your scenario was very well made.

LOL There are a few tiny sphinxes, but not many & definitely not the massive amounts I usually use, cuz you made bricks tough (just like I luv it)! I started with one of each for initial prestige boost (and Pretty!), but then when the later ones were all so small, I switched to Large Striding for the 2 per. The Temple Complex inner ring is all the other statue types. Had to get to 200 somehow. :D
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:54 am

i just started this scenario, i did not expected ! is wonderfull and much funny than others that came with the game, i see is so dificult to me :P maybe i finish it someday...

here is my first saved game, i will apreciate some advices :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by NobleSeth on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

matakar

Postby matakar » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:25 am

It was really fantastic. Definately, one of the best I have played
Thank you very much

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:32 am

Thank you!

:o flattered :o

CharleyK1

Postby CharleyK1 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:29 pm

Wonderful Scenario Sakasiru! Inventive and creative, and probably as far from the Grand Campaign "feel" as you can get! I played about 10 game years before realizing I'd better change my entire line of play or I'd never win. Back to year zero save to ensure the trickiest quest. Not nearly as elegant (or quick) a win as Tink, but I made it! LOL

One unorganized city, and I broke my rule about not deleting anything once I built it :(

In keeping with the tongue in cheek theme, I've a few questions on technique though:
1. How did you get the Gold Cap on the Great Pyramid?!?!?! (screen shot 2)
2. How did you get the yacht to float in the mountain/canyon?!?!?!?! (screen shot 4)
3. How come Osiris didn't speak in a high pitched voice with the missing part?

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:20 pm

"CharleyK1" wrote:Wonderful Scenario Sakasiru! Inventive and creative, and probably as far from the Grand Campaign "feel" as you can get! I played about 10 game years before realizing I'd better change my entire line of play or I'd never win. Back to year zero save to ensure the trickiest quest. Not nearly as elegant (or quick) a win as Tink, but I made it! LOL

Thanks! :) Elegance was not a requirement, so you did very well! ;) Really, I love to see how different people build.

What did you have to change, if I may ask?

"CharleyK1" wrote:1. How did you get the Gold Cap on the Great Pyramid?!?!?! (screen shot 2)

LOL! :D I really considered to make new skins for the pyramid to download, but then I was so glad that the scenario was finished I didn't want to delay it any longer. :o
But I see you made the gilded top without it. Very beautiful! :)

"CharleyK1" wrote:2. How did you get the yacht to float in the mountain/canyon?!?!?!?! (screen shot 4)

That's a very dirty trick... I carved the riverbed and created the river. Then I carved the canyons but didn't create the river there afterwards. The CotNizens still go fishing there, though :rolleyes:

I even experimented with filling the canyons with crocodiles, but they came out too easily, so I deleted them again :(

"CharleyK1" wrote:3. How come Osiris didn't speak in a high pitched voice with the missing part?

I guess being laid in salt for 40 days did ruin his vocal cords completely, so I guess it would be a high pitched susurration...

Thanks for the screenshots!

CharleyK1

Postby CharleyK1 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:42 pm

"sakasiru" wrote:Thanks! :) Elegance was not a requirement, so you did very well! ;) Really, I love to see how different people build.

What did you have to change, if I may ask?

You're very welcome, well deserved! :D

My style, if it is one, developed from the tutorials - build slow, keep everyone happy along the way. A few extra years to win is no big deal; like your reformed pharaoh, I like the idea of all my people being happy all of the time. An early building frenzy goes against that style. And it's also why I try not to delete anything - most wins, I have no vagrants at all, but to shoehorn everything and speed up Pyramid building, I deleted and had 6 vagrants at the end of Realm. :(

"sakasiru" wrote:LOL! :D I really considered to make new skins for the pyramid to download, but then I was so glad that the scenario was finished I didn't want to delay it any longer. :o
But I see you made the gilded top without it. Very beautiful! :)

Windows Paint is NOT totally useless LOL!

"sakasiru" wrote:That's a very dirty trick... I carved the riverbed and created the river. Then I carved the canyons but didn't create the river there afterwards. The CotNizens still go fishing there, though :rolleyes:

I thought that might be what you did in designing the map; It looks great! The green gives it an eerie afterlife look. Every once in a while someone would row up in a reed boat - perhaps to visit one of the mastabas I placed along that edge, but the yacht stayed there consistently - I thought it was cute. BTW, I believe I was cheated! Your message promised me 100 cedar, but I'm pretty sure I only got 80! I could have had TWO yachts sailing through the canyons to add to my prestige! LMAO
[/QUOTE]

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:13 pm

"CharleyK1" wrote:I thought that might be what you did in designing the map; It looks great! The green gives it an eerie afterlife look. Every once in a while someone would row up in a reed boat - perhaps to visit one of the mastabas I placed along that edge, but the yacht stayed there consistently - I thought it was cute.

I'm really wondering how it got there. You didn't build a shipwright sticking out into to void, did you? Maybe it sailed all the way to the end of the world where the river vanishes in the void and took a sharp turn then. :eek: Those nobles have strage hobbies... :rolleyes:

"CharleyK1" wrote:BTW, I believe I was cheated! Your message promised me 100 cedar, but I'm pretty sure I only got 80! I could have had TWO yachts sailing through the canyons to add to my prestige! LMAO

I guess you're right. Tinkerbell reported the same... I just don't know why, the trigger should create two dops with 50 cedar each. I even made that two dops because when I tested it with one dop of 100 cedar I only got 60. Very strange. :confused:

CharleyK1

Postby CharleyK1 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:19 pm

"sakasiru" wrote:I'm really wondering how it got there. You didn't build a shipwright sticking out into to void, did you? Maybe it sailed all the way to the end of the world where the river vanishes in the void and took a sharp turn then. :eek: Those nobles have strage hobbies... :rolleyes:

I didn't actually see the yacht sail there, but I think you must be right. I am sure I saw it near my shipwright (middle of the river; limestone quarry/south side) shortly after it was built; next thing I knew, there it was in the canyon. It may have appeared after I loaded (I exit at night so my Norton's has a free reign to scan and then reload/restart the next morning.) I've noticed that things sometimes get repositioned when I do that. There ARE several Nobles near where the yacht is sailing, so it DOES make sense that it found its way there I suppose.

"sakasiru" wrote:I guess you're right. Tinkerbell reported the same... I just don't know why, the trigger should create two dops with 50 cedar each. I even made that two dops because when I tested it with one dop of 100 cedar I only got 60. Very strange. :confused:

I watched the DOPs near the pyramid after I destroyed it, and I saw two DOPs with 40 cedar each. Since I had already built the shipwright, chariot maker and exchange, that 80 dropped to 74 and then 68 as I watched those two craftsmen pick up 6 lumber each.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:01 pm

"CharleyK1" wrote:I watched the DOPs near the pyramid after I destroyed it, and I saw two DOPs with 40 cedar each. Since I had already built the shipwright, chariot maker and exchange, that 80 dropped to 74 and then 68 as I watched those two craftsmen pick up 6 lumber each.

I believe you, especially since Tink told me exactly the same. I'm just wondering why?!

Ideas, anyone? My trigger places two of those in a designated area:

Cedarcreation.jpg

2 x 50 = 100, unless I'm mistaken... :confused:

CharleyK1

Postby CharleyK1 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:01 am

"sakasiru" wrote:I believe you, especially since Tink told me exactly the same. I'm just wondering why?!

Ideas, anyone? My trigger places two of those in a designated area:

[attachment=]31323[/attachment]

2 x 50 = 100, unless I'm mistaken... :confused:

<giggle> I can confirm that the math is correct :D

As to triggers... perhaps I'm NOT the best one to ask :o

I'll take a look, but I sincerely doubt I'll spot anything you or Tink wouldn't.

EDIT:
Okay, at least I can vaguely follow what's supposed to happen LOL

I haven't done anything at all with objects yet, and they baffle me more than timing and looping on attack triggers! :D
Not knowing what any of the parameters do, I can only fire blindly - Have you tried checking the % box? Now that you have two attempts and both have "shaved some off the top," how about planning for it? Make it 120 in 3 DOPs, see if you get 90 or 105 and then change the message to match? Definitely a low-class work around, but what do you expect from a novice scenario maker? :D

EDIT 2:
I did some more searching around and I may have spotted something. The Editor manual is no help at all in trying to understand Objects better, so I decided to compare what you're doing for bricks-from-mastabas to what you're doing for wood-from-pyramid. In your object definitions:
for cedar, you use [53] Warenlager-Cedarbarke, with: "Storage Area" in the class pulldown
for bricks, you use [16] Warenabladestelle, with: "Cargo drop-off point" in the class pulldown
I don't know enough to say that either is right or wrong the way you have them; I just noticed that it's different in the two definitions, even though you want to accomplish the same thing.
Last edited by CharleyK1 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Looked More; May have found more

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:35 pm

"CharleyK1" wrote:
EDIT 2:
I did some more searching around and I may have spotted something. The Editor manual is no help at all in trying to understand Objects better, so I decided to compare what you're doing for bricks-from-mastabas to what you're doing for wood-from-pyramid. In your object definitions:
for cedar, you use [53] Warenlager-Cedarbarke, with: "Storage Area" in the class pulldown
for bricks, you use [16] Warenabladestelle, with: "Cargo drop-off point" in the class pulldown
I don't know enough to say that either is right or wrong the way you have them; I just noticed that it's different in the two definitions, even though you want to accomplish the same thing.

That's interesting, thanks! I never thought about that these could be different things, since they look exactly the same. I just had to check if they even have different names in german :rolleyes:

I don't understand why this may cause a problem, but I definitely will do some labbing over this tonight.

Thanks again! :)

CharleyK1

Postby CharleyK1 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:11 pm

"sakasiru" wrote:That's interesting, thanks! I never thought about that these could be different things, since they look exactly the same. I just had to check if they even have different names in german :rolleyes:

I don't understand why this may cause a problem, but I definitely will do some labbing over this tonight.

Thanks again! :)

It may be nothing at all, but you're very welcome.

As to understanding, I absolutely DON'T! LOL

Kidding aside, just by looking at your triggers and objects and knowing what happened when I played, I now know about 1,000% more about objects than I did yesterday. I'll apologize now for stealing your technique in some future scenario, because I KNOW I'll be using it! :D

My problem is, there seems to be another 19,000% of knowledge about objects that I'm still clueless on! Oh well, live and learn :o

Scirano

Postby Scirano » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:44 pm

this is one of the best scenarios i've ever played
tnx alot

Return to “User-created Scenarios”