download

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
orla_bloom

download

Postby orla_bloom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:14 am

Im new to this CoTn and foind it hard to download any of these scenarios with my XP operating system. can anyone help me with downloading the scenario scn files. thank you

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:10 pm

All you have to do is click on the attached file to start the download.
You should get a prompt asking you if you want to download the file and then it will want you tell it where to save the file. You save the downloaded scenario to your Children of the Nile "Scenarios" folder. Then start the game and select it from the scenario list.

If for some reason the attached file is zipped (.zip) you'll need to extract the .scn file inside it. XP has a native unzipping utility so save the zip file to your hard drive. Double click on the zipfile to view the contents. Select the .scn file inside and then COPY. Move to your CotN "Scenario" folder and PASTE.

You can also get free copies of WinZIP and WinRAR that will unzip files for you. www.winzip.com www.rarlab.com.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Different versions of the gamne have the files in slightly differing locations but...

Save your .scn folders into the scenerio folders as Kieth mentioned.
This folder is usually \MyDocuments\Tilted Mill\Children of the Nile\Scenarios

Then when you start the game you should be able to load the scenario.

Good luck
:cool:
:cool:

Sagerlout

Postby Sagerlout » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

I too have a problem playing downloaded scenarios. Running Vista, 2g ram. Paste download into Tilted Mill scenario folder. Start game and the new scenario shows up in the play scenario list. The description also appears when you click on it. But when you press play, it starts to load about half way along the yellow box and then a message appears, program stopped working etc. Download only 1009k, could it be that I am missing some important bits? Thanks.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Howdy, Sagerlout!

When that happens, that means you are trying to play a scenario/game save created with a higher level of COTN than you have installed.

Example: Trying to play an Alexandria with only enhanced v1.3.01

or

Trying to play enhanced v1.3.01 with only v1.2

Sagerlout

Postby Sagerlout » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Howdy, Tinkerbell.
Thanks for your reply. Already downloaded update U.K.v1.3.01, is there another one I should have lurking somewhere on the net? Tried to play "Floating Pyramid" downloaded file etc ,same result. Cotn stopped working, close program. Sounds like I am living up to the title vagrant! Looks like I will never make it to Noble! Computer about to be thrown into our frost covered Yorkshire garden.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Sorry, but as it sez in the opening post of The Floating Pyramid, that scenario requires Alexandria XPac to play it.

Sagerlout

Postby Sagerlout » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:06 pm

It is me who should be sorry. as a rather elderly newbie to the game I am somewhat confused.
Please be patient. Is Alexandria XPac a different game? I only have COTN so are there any downloadable scenarios that are suitable?
Again, thanks for your replies.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:02 pm

Alexandria is a add-on to the original game. It has all the latest bells and whistles, bug fixes and new campaign to play. There is one patch for Alexandria.

As I recall, Alexandria will require that you have your current game upgraded to ver. 1.2. Most game versions w/o Alexandria sold recently should be that version.

You can verify your version by looking at the properties of the game's executable file cotn.exe. Under the version tab it should say 1.2. If not you'll need to obtain the patch for your language version of the game and install it. For the record, the UK and US english are considered different languages.

Alexandria is only available on as a on-line digitial download from a place like STEAM, or Direct2Drive, etc. I would recommend going with STEAM. In fact you can buy both the game and the Alex add-on from STEAM as a download for less than $15 the last time I looked. You'll find them in the STEAM on-line store: http://store.steampowered.com/

Package info:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1007/

Or you can just update your ver. 1.2 game with the digital download of Alexandria. Updates for the disc version of just COTN are found at the www.immortalcities.com website.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:05 pm

BTW, installing Alexandria will override the need to start the game with the disc. But you will need a net connection.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Yes, Sagerlout, most of the user-created scenarios will play just fine with your enhanced v1.3.01. We don't have very many here that require Alexandria.

Good Luck! :)

Sagerlout

Postby Sagerlout » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 am

Thank you Tinkerbell and Keith for your expertise and patience in dealing with my posts. I am now able to proceed with confidence.
Great game, superb help from the forum.

Alizeefan

Postby Alizeefan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:53 am

I don't know what's wrong but i can't download any of these scenarios. Every time i click on the link i'm redirected and get a white screen. On the top of the page is a line that says ( jpg.image).
I tryed with Windows internet explorer and Firefox.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:29 pm

The board was recently moved to a new server and all of the files attached may have been lost.

Alizeefan

Postby Alizeefan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:49 am

That's bad news. So, nobody can download these scenario's anymore. I found some on COTN Heaven and another place but i can't remember where( i'm getting old).
Keith, you are one of the few that is around these days. It appears nobody is playing this game anymore. I stopped for a while but a few weeks ago i started again.
Thanks for the answer.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:36 am

I could be wrong on those files. A number of those files have been gone for a long time. Some others went missing when there was a board update.

I still hang around. A number of people still check in here even if they don't post anything. When TM gets back to business I'm sure things will pick up here again.

Horus_TOP

Postby Horus_TOP » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am

Some people even start to play again :)

If they manage to get registered here... :p

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:50 am

I don't know whether it will work but I can try to upload my scenarios again.
I know that Tinkerbell has a lot of the scenarios posted here (if not all), so maybe he can upload them too to restore the collection. It would be a shame if those scenarios are gone forever.

Edit: Okay, re-upload is not possible either. Is this due to the spamblocking? Can you lift it for me to upload some scenarios again, Keith?
Last edited by sakasiru on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tobing

Postby tobing » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:53 pm

"sakasiru" wrote:I don't know whether it will work but I can try to upload my scenarios again.
I know that Tinkerbell has a lot of the scenarios posted here (if not all), so maybe he can upload them too to restore the collection. It would be a shame if those scenarios are gone forever.

Edit: Okay, re-upload is not possible either. Is this due to the spamblocking? Can you lift it for me to upload some scenarios again, Keith?

I could offer to host scenario files on my site. That will not be by uploading, but send me the scenario file and a short description, then I'll add that to the site.
http://www.staedtebauen.de and then somewhere in there.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:25 am

Uh oh, looks like we got zapped again but this time we lost everything, including C4.

:(

Return to “User-created Scenarios”