Work in Progress

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Karsite

Work in Progress

Postby Karsite » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:45 pm

So I had an idea. Isn't that how all good things start?

This is a long way from finished, but I wanted to see what other people think of it before I carry on.

Finished so far - basic layout, population, resources, wildlife, description

Still to do - world level, bandits, more bandits, some more bandits after that, win conditions, the river, and the little details.

I'm having a hard time getting the river to work (it generates, I can save fine, but if I try to play, the file corrupts...) so I'm hoping to get an answer to that before I continue as well.

ETA - and for whatever reason, I can't seem to use the default uploader. I'm just getting an error message. So, I put it on rapidshare
Last edited by Karsite on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi and welcome to CotN!

Unfortunately, you can't upload files here anymore. Most people around here try to collect those which are left and post them at heavengames.com, so this is also where most people will search for new scenarios I guess. But wherever you upload it, be sure to leave a thread with a link here so the CotN fans can find it.

If you have trouble creating the scenario, it's best you move up one forum to "Editing"
http://tiltedmill.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20
There are some tutorials there and many threads around various topics, and if you still have problems, there are still readers around who will try to help you through them.

Karsite

Postby Karsite » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 am

I figured out the problem with the river. A bad case of too much water and my machine just not being able to cope. So, fine. Different layout. It's still nowhere near done, but all the same if someone wants to poke it, I'd love to see what people think.

The Old Fortress

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Same problem here, Karsite. Permission denied by uploader.

I would say you have something set wrong in that download. If you can fix that I will have a look.

Karsite

Postby Karsite » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Sorry about that! I've fixed the permissions now. Should work.

Karsite

Postby Karsite » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Updated, now with more world sites and active bandits. I got to the stage during testing of wanting to throw my computer out of the window because it was nearly impossible to keep the city happy for quite a while.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:18 pm

Hehe. Cool.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”