RjG-Floating Pyramid 2016

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
RJG

RjG-Floating Pyramid 2016

Postby RJG » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:25 am

Hi Folks,

I am not sure if anyone out there still enjoys playing Children of the Nile as I do but, just in case, I have uploaded an all new remake of RjG Floating Pyramid. Just follow the link below. This scenario will require Alexandria to play it.

Link to RjG-Floating Pyramid 2016:

http://cotn.heavengames.com/downloads/l ... =scenarios

Although the theme is pretty much the same as the original, this is a completely redone scenario. I removed many of the old triggers that were in the original and added many new ones. The map is completely brand new and much smaller in size. The file itself is almost half the size of the original file. My goal was to improve the playability of this scenario. I have tested and retested this scenario on many different computers and it played well on all. Depending on your rig, as the game grows larger, I would not run the game speed any higher than 2.0.

There are some special effects in this scenario, for example, the Floating Pyramid in the sky and the underwater Limestone Quarry but let me assure you that no mods were used to create these effects. This scenario was created entirely using the editor that comes with the game and nothing more.

I wanted to post some screenshots of the new scenario but that seems to be disabled.

Thanks RjG

Yahya

Re: RjG-Floating Pyramid 2016

Postby Yahya » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:03 am

Cool. Good to see you again.

RJG

Postby RJG » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:56 pm

Thanks for the reply Yahya. Yep, I still check these boards from time to time. It’s nice to see you’re still reading them also. I also would like to say, thank you for posting your COTN Scenario and Campaign Editors Manual. You had to put a ton of work into that project. I had forgotten so many things over the years and without your manual remaking that scenario would have been much more difficult. Thanks again. Great work!

Most likely most people no longer play COTN but maybe a few will download it and give it a try. At least I am hoping they will because, as you know, a lot of time goes into making them. What is interesting is I made that scenario entirely running windows 10. The editor seemed to have no problems with the new operating system. What I did notice is, when playing it under windows 10 it played fine and I could complete the scenario, but occasionally the raider triggers would fail to fire. When I took that same file and played it under my windows 7 system, the raider triggers always worked. I am still trying to pin point what is causing that issue under windows 10.

Have a nice day. RjG

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:45 am

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

That's interesting regarding the triggers on Windows 10. I look forward to reading whatever you find out about that.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”