Semna Dispatches

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Stringbags

Semna Dispatches

Postby Stringbags » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:47 pm

This is a military scenario that offers some challenges for the better players (theres a challenge for a start ;) )

There have been some strange effects during beta testing that TM are looking into, so if anything happens that is out of the ordinary then let me know in this thread.

Thanks to Lady Mags for testing this map.

Stringbags
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NumakNatut III

Postby NumakNatut III » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:37 pm

Hi stringbags,

I just started your scenario. It's finally going ok. There sure isn't much time till those raiders start coming in. It takes considerable time to build up to where you can build city guard huts. I suffered TWO attack cycles before they even got populated. There is a lot of unhappiness in the city for quite some time because of those attacks. It wouldn't be so bad, but there is NO way you can prevent this. Then, after I have built a half dozen guard huts, the raiders are no problem at all. In fact their attacks can be totally ignored.

One odd thing I've noticed is that the clay digging sites are underwater half the year. But it still works anyway.

So far, I've played about three hours and I have yet to open up a foreign trade site. Those raiders sure put a hurt on you early in the game. :(
This looks like a long game. Maybe 8-9 hours. How long does it take you?

I'm just getting started in your scenario and I'm looking forward to any surprises you have up your sleeve. It's a great first scenario! I look forward to your next one. :D

I posted some screenies I took during your scenario in the "Leisure hunting" thread under game strategy, just fyi :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by NumakNatut III on Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stringbags

Postby Stringbags » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:21 am

Thanks NumakNatut III, I think the clay diggers are secretly pearl diving :D

The early raiders are designed to make the start more difficult, I'm not sure how long it took me, but one test was finished in 27 game years :rolleyes:

Glad you like it.

Stringbags

catgoddess83

Unable to continue

Postby catgoddess83 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:13 am

I'm sorry but I had to abandon this one. I sent the army off even 'tho the screen said that I had no archers while I was looking at 18 of them armed to the teeth. Tried again, no luck. Also, the map drove me nuts; spent most of my time trying to find places to put things to keep the peeps happy. Some graet ideas but these two things held me back (guess I'm not one of the better players :( )

Stringbags

Postby Stringbags » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:59 pm

Forget me not you militaristic players, you won't be disappointed. :p

KatQueen

Postby KatQueen » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:42 am

I've started using the tactic of building walls around my city to create a bottle neck for the raiders to come and out of my city, espeically if it is a map w/ alot of room. Going to start this one tonight before bed.

Filzehit

French tester

Postby Filzehit » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:02 am

(i'm not a good writer in english, i apologize about this)
Hi,
I try to translate in french your scenario and i tested it.

Problem 1 : a "war boat" can carry only 40 soldiers, this make "impossible" the attack of the raiders with 30 lancers + 30 archers, you see ?
the numbers or archers stay at 10 (colour red)

Problem 2 : Not enough place to build. Its very difficult to play this scenario.

At the beginning, I scratch a lot of villagers house. Big dust ! ! only way to have place for build...

:D

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:40 pm

Filzehit wrote:(i'm not a good writer in english, i apologize about this)
Hi,
I try to translate in french your scenario and i tested it.

Problem 1 : a "war boat" can carry only 40 soldiers, this make "impossible" the attack of the raiders with 30 lancers + 30 archers, you see ?
the numbers or archers stay at 10 (colour red)

Problem 2 : Not enough place to build. Its very difficult to play this scenario.

At the beginning, I scratch a lot of villagers house. Big dust ! ! only way to have place for build...

1) you need 2 boats.

Hermann the Lombard

Postby Hermann the Lombard » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:09 pm

1. Perhaps you need to rephrase the question or clarify the problem. One warship carries 40 so you need two warships to carry 60 (or 41-80). Your single warship is apparently ready to carry 30 chariots and 10 archers, so the number 10 is in red because it is less than the recommended number. Add a second warship--which requires a second commander assigned to "navy"--and your numbers should go 30 and 30 in green. [It is very likely that you only have one "admiral."]

2. That seems to be the designer's intent; it should be difficult.

Filzehit

Postby Filzehit » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:17 pm

I like to read a lot of explanations when playing. I think that the designer was able to specify the number of boats, according to the number of soldiers. I have not enough prestige to complete this action, and i think that obelisk is the key...

Hermann the Lombard

Postby Hermann the Lombard » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:06 pm

Ah, the all-important prestige. In Kom Ombo (which I finished last night) I had the worst losses of prestige that I've ever had...another sign that I haven't played Diospolis!

You usually don't need the force size or the force mix shown on the WL, but if you don't have the warships your force will be severely truncated!

Stringbags

Postby Stringbags » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:46 pm

Thanks for playing my scenario, I hope you are all enjoying it. I forgot to mention that this is a small map so is ideal for anyone with a slower computer.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”