Nazlat al Fallahin (sequel to Rhakotis)

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Karter

Postby Karter » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:32 pm

vic_4

Thank you Karter, I am italian but I have been working three years at NIH in Bethesda Maryland.

Got it
your papyrus scrolls taught you better than mine :)

catgoddess83

Karter the King!

Postby catgoddess83 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:41 pm

Bubala,
[This was the MOST fun! :D :D :D I downloaded the updated files and had no problem. I absolutely love the ending; I'm still smiling. You are such a clever cuss :cool: !!! The embassies, relationship, maps etc are the BEST. I love how you have found new ways to play this game.
Yoo! Hoo! TM pay attention here!!!!

PLEASE tell me that you're making more!!! I adore your story lines. Are you by any chance a writer?

Anyhoo, thanks for all your hard

Cat
:)

catgoddess83

goof

Postby catgoddess83 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:30 am

:o Whoops! That's thanks for your hard work! (I just discovered you could do colors and I accidentally deleted the word when I changed colors) :eek:

Karter

Postby Karter » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:19 pm

Hi catgoddess83,

LOL - I understood the message

I am glad you enjoyed it... Other Scenarios? well, hadnt thought about it...
I wanted to do a campaign with 4 maps and I still need to put them all together.

I am in the middle of house hunting and may be moving so it might be a bit chaotic for the next couple of months. I'll just have to see what time allows.

Bryce777

Postby Bryce777 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:48 am

So which file should we download to play without a problem?

Mishka

Postby Mishka » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:25 am

Bryce777 wrote:So which file should we download to play without a problem?

Bryce777,

I think the original post (first one by Karter) probably contains the corrected file, and you should be able to play that.

Hope that helps!

Bryce777

Postby Bryce777 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:42 pm

Great fun, I loved it. Finished it at 3am played through. BTW how do I post my screen pic?

Bryce777

Postby Bryce777 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:05 pm

Hang on, it wont let me take a pic when the victory screen is up? I found the snapshot folder. Takes pics at other times (only let me take one pic at a time). Any ideas why I can't take a "victory" shot?

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:36 am

Bryce777 wrote:Hang on, it wont let me take a pic when the victory screen is up? I found the snapshot folder. Takes pics at other times (only let me take one pic at a time). Any ideas why I can't take a "victory" shot?

You can take snapshots of your victory screen, just like any other image. I usually take two to be safe of all images. Also, after you get the victory screen, hit KEEP PLAYING (Option on the left), then save the game. Then SCENARIO INFO while back in the game (back to win screen) & hit PROCEED/CONTINUE/NEW (Middle option) to continue Campaign with the next mission (or go back to the COTN Scenario Option if not in a Campaign).

If you watch the curser in the middle of your screen, it will disappear while the snapshot is being taken. Occassionally takes a few seconds. Wait until it disappears & reappears before assuming the snapshot has been taken. The curser will not be in the image. If your city is large, this can take up to 10 seconds.

I use PRINT SCREEN.

F9 is also supposed to work. SHIFT-F9 w/o the interface. Never tried either of them. :)
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

MAX-1

Postby MAX-1 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:21 pm

MarkDuffy wrote:F9 is also supposed to work. SHIFT-F9 w/o the interface. Never tried either of them. :)

Thats what I use.
:) ;) :)

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:51 am

OK, Karter, you are finally next! Already done the other three (Bakatah, Tjemhu & Rhakotis), as you know. :)

No, I didn't read your introductory post, this thread & I'm not reading the in-game tips screen either! :p

Not enough resources for HARD & starting with 35 villagers, when I eat them up faster than I drink beer. This should get me overthrown/make me restart a scenario for the very first time. :eek:

You will be my most recent victim, or I will be yours. :cool:

Can't wait for the RED ALERTS !!!

Oh PS, I'm almost outta villagers already in year one (buildings already placed)... ;)
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:51 am

Man-o-man, Karter. You are a magical genious !!!

The sights, sounds & ingenuity you put in your scenarios!

What you have done with the COTN Editor is magical!

Thank You for going where NO scenario writer has ever gone before & showing us what IS possible!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) (A perfect TEN!)

Well Done !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jpatrickk

Enjoying it very much

Postby jpatrickk » Mon May 01, 2006 9:01 am

Well Karter, you've done it again. I've just started this one (I'm about 8 years into the scenario) and am waiting for more copper. I have to admit that you've made me change my style of play with your scenarios. I usually lay out my cities first and build very quickly. I like to plan for pretty so I usually leave room for adding frills later. Your scenarios have made me slow down my game play very much.

I love the story line and the challenges. You've done it better than the original programmers. The only complaint I have is the same complaint I have about the original game. Once I've set up my infrastructure and get my city going and somewhat self-sustaining, I sit for,what seems like, hours waiting until I get enough of whatever it is I need to fulfill a task. It's like waiting for enough copper to be mined to get more villiagers. That little trick is very clever and presents quite a challenge to a fast builder.

Overall, I've enjoyed all of your scenarios very much (once I figured out how to avoid disaster). Your's is the first defeats I have suffered since buying the game. I've found that I restart your scenarios at least two or three times as I discover flaws in my city style or layout. You've made the game enjoyable again. Thank you. Build more...lots more.

Olympus

German

Postby Olympus » Wed May 10, 2006 5:22 pm

Would it be possible to make a german one? I only use the Editor of CotN in EN, and would like to play it in my mother tongue german. Besides, I extra installed the EN-Version of CotN to create the rather easy Tut-Ankh-Amun

jpatrickk

Finished at last

Postby jpatrickk » Wed May 10, 2006 6:16 pm

Thank you for a most enjoyable scenario. I look forward to the next.

Karter

Postby Karter » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:52 pm

Thank you all for the kind words....

It has been quite a while since, I have been to these forums.. I have been working on some other programming projects. So, I had not given any further thought to creating any more Scenarios (well, not a whole lot of thought).

They were fun to do...

I did/do have an ultimate map in mind, if I get caught up in my other things, I may try to do another one...

Again, thank you and I am glad you have enjoyed these, thus far......

Karter :)

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:12 pm

You are very welcome, Karter. I meant EVERY word of it too! :)

texasmine

Completed last of the scenarios

Postby texasmine » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:46 pm

Karter, your campaign was wonderful. I particularly liked the ability to make offerings to the gods and the ability to recruit more villagers. Very, very well done.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:04 pm

Once you play the startup movie, you are hooked. ;)
but you will all be playing the C4 demo
Last edited by Herodotus on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:36 pm

Very Good Scenario.
I make some blunders once or twice that I had to go back and redo. Should have paid more attention to the World Map.

I assume I have finished as I think there is no win screen. Nothing left on the WM anyway. This snapshot will have to do in lieu

Question (If anyone knows) in spoiler
I subdued the revolts by sending an army, but would the revolt have subsided by removing the embassies? Which I then did anyway?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “User-created Scenarios”