Nazlat al Fallahin (sequel to Rhakotis)

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:42 pm

I posted my Win Screen above, Herodotus. You are not done yet! ;)

Hint ~ Your prestige value for Tombs is only 4. Checked the goals lately? :eek:
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:29 pm

Ah!

When all else fails, read the instructions (aka RTFM)

I remember what it is now, Thanks Mark.

Karter's a bit of a romantic :rolleyes:
Last edited by Herodotus on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:09 pm

Remember Pi-Ramesse on Hard with NO Health Lab, Herodotus?

Remember what I said? I can't win it? Remember the last post?

Guess what I forgot? Yup ~ the goals. That is how I won it. I didn't have to kill as much as I believed. The goals say "either" not "both". ;)

:eek:

Been there, still doing that! :)

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:34 pm

Here is the Win Screen then.

Nother spoiler...

Not too sure about the soldiers in this scenario, Are they real or not. How about the resources they use, If you delete them do they revert to villagers and vagrants. Anyway, I aint gonna find out tonight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:41 pm

Yipee !!! :)

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:47 pm

This was a lot of fun, thank you Karter. In a way much easier that your previous one which had two time set goals. This was kinda more straightforward, and I didn't need to start this one again. I lived with the decisions I made and that was the fun part of this scenario. You could do it in so many ways, to achieve your final victory. I decided to raise my own army and use less foreign help. Also I took my chances before I had my army 'completed' so to speak, taking my chances, but my men were victorious! :D
Loved this scenario!

Replying to Herodotus' question

I think those soldiers are 'real' but you cannot see them while they are situated in the remote camp(s) you built with the help of the foreign embassy(s). What ever resources they used they got them from there. You paid your 'bill' while building this camp or camps, and you had the chance of getting a revolt or two later. Your people didn't like you having these relationships. ;) :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Karter

Postby Karter » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:01 am

Kiya

This was a lot of fun, thank you Karter. In a way much easier that your previous one which had two time set goals. This was kinda more straightforward, and I didn't need to start this one again. I lived with the decisions I made and that was the fun part of this scenario. You could do it in so many ways, to achieve your final victory. I decided to raise my own army and use less foreign help. Also I took my chances before I had my army 'completed' so to speak, taking my chances, but my men were victorious!
Loved this scenario!

Thank you Kiya,

I am glad to see someone played it a bit differently...I tried to add a variety of possible conditions, to appeal to all.
I am hoping one day, someone will NOT save Mo'et in their playing, it causes, some disasterous effects. (poor lil' fella) LOL

Glad you enjoyed.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:48 pm

Karter wrote:Thank you Kiya,

I am glad to see someone played it a bit differently...I tried to add a variety of possible conditions, to appeal to all.
I am hoping one day, someone will NOT save Mo'et in their playing, it causes, some disasterous effects. (poor lil' fella) LOL

Glad you enjoyed.

Oh yes, loved the idea of having variety of winning 'techniques' and how to achieve your goals. :)

Little spoiler
I didn't use the help of many of the embassies there were available. I guessed right that you'll have to pay extra for it later. Instead I had my army, but saw that when the 'embassy thing' was ready is decreased the amount of enemy forces. Because my army was well trained, all had kopeshes and other weapons, even when the victory was not certain, I sent them to battle. They fought valiantly. Afterwards one of the neighbouring cities had a revolt because I used embassy help but that was a piece of cake while having a mighty army like me; needed just a few more papyrus for it. ;) :D

Not saving Mo'et, the darling little thing! What do you mean? :confused: :eek: Never thought of that even though this IS a game!

Tekee

Postby Tekee » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:28 pm

I like this map thank you very much for making it :D

Lengo67

Postby Lengo67 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:10 pm

This is a great mission! You must have some inside information on use of the editor. Is there any chance you'll generate some documentation? We sure could use it!

Anyway... absolutely superb! You've gone all out, and ended up with a real masterpiece! Stunning!

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:38 pm

Lengo67 wrote:This is a great mission! You must have some inside information on use of the editor. Is there any chance you'll generate some documentation? We sure could use it!

I'm glad you found this a great mission since I loved this one too. Karter's scenarios are among the very best. :)

You are asking him to share his information with you/us. But what about you yourself, I don't quite get what you said in your previous post made before this one (the very last chapter)? :eek: (Truly I think I'm not getting it right. :o )

Tekee

Postby Tekee » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:42 pm

I am trying to play this scenario right now after like 1 month of being away from COTN, it's great

Karter

Postby Karter » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:24 am

Lengo67
This is a great mission! You must have some inside information on use of the editor. Is there any chance you'll generate some documentation? We sure could use it!

Hi Lengo67

No, no inside info...everything I know, I learned right from this forum.

I sent you an email about this if you didnt receive it, I will repost it here
as I stated in the email, it has been quite some time since I created any scenarios and would need to brush up a bit to answer any questions

however the following link, is a similiar editor as COTNs with a bit more in-depth documentation, it helped me in certain areas. Not all of the information will pertain to COTN but helps in the areas, objects and camera parts

http://www.itsmylyfe.com/COTN/Empires_E ... al_1.2.zip

I got it from someone within these forums, the Editing Section of this forum gives a lot of help
If you have specific questions go ahead an email me, I will try to assist

hope it helps :)

Tekee
I am trying to play this scenario right now after like 1 month of being away from COTN, it's great

Tekee
WOW from Russia, your English is great, people like you make me feel so stupid LOL, I can hardly speak english and I was born here
I glad you enjoyed the Scenario
Last edited by Karter on Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:26 pm

Nice to see that you're still around, Karter. Will you be doing any new scenarios by any chance? :)

Also, if you're still interested in CotN, CBC will be holding a new CotN contest. :D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:46 pm

Hey Karter,

I downloaded that manual, and you're right; it will be helpful. Thanks for posting it.

BTW, how's Portland these days? I was from Salem originally.

Karter

Postby Karter » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:26 pm

Azeem
Nice to see that you're still around, Karter. Will you be doing any new scenarios by any chance?

Also, if you're still interested in CotN, CBC will be holding a new CotN contest.

Hi Azeem
ummmm, new scenarios, well...I am in my new place, I do have time...LOL I don't know if I have the enthusiasm. Maybe

Contest? what is CBC? confused.

Yahya
Hey Karter,

I downloaded that manual, and you're right; it will be helpful. Thanks for posting it.

BTW, how's Portland these days? I was from Salem originally.

Whoa, I love Portland... I lived in Salem.
uuummmmmmm
I am not fond of Salem LOL (they are like opposite ends of the world)
I have freinds there, poor lil things, I weep for them :)

what state is Southington in

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:41 pm

Connecticut. I was in the Navy, and stayed. I live about 90 minutes from NYC.

LOL I don't know if I have the enthusiasm

Pretty sure CBC is City-Building Contests. A website, maybe?

Hopefully the enthusiam can be developed for my envisioned cooperatively developed campaign. :D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:44 pm

P.S.:

When you did these maps, how did you decide on the layout of the terrain? I have drawn pictures a la Matt Zimmitti, but I wonder if you have another way?

Karter

Postby Karter » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:34 pm

map design was the hardest for me....

I had no idea, I didn't draw any pre-pictures...If you look at my first attempt (Bakatah) you see this kinda square looking sand dune. It was just a messed up part. LOL, I didn't know how to fix it, and to lazy to start over, so I just left it :)

I only did 4 scenarios, but I did try to use the same paint tools, so they looked and had the same feel from map to map.

My focus was more on a story line.
That dictated much of what the maps were to be like.

For instances Tjemhu and the irrigation field, that was part of the story line, so I needed something that provided that..

Rhakotis had to be next to the ocean, since that is in part where the previous scenario took place. Rhakote was the ancient name for the now existing Alexanderia.

Nazalat had to be a river valley,the Fallahin people were actual nomads that lived on the Nile's banks. But it was to be the grand city, so I wanted plateaus to help promote that idea, where players could build up high.

the term, "Nazalat" is used before many present day city names. I think it means, "home" or "region of". though I tried to research it, and could find no actual definition, I decided to use it to mean that. Hence

Nazalat al Fallahin - "home of" or "region of" the Fallahin or "river people".

I suspect many of the designers
Raccoon
Max-1
NumakNatut III
as example and the others

first had a story line and this determined the creation.
Last edited by Karter on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:06 am

CBC is City-Building Contests - http://www.citybuildingcontests.com ;)

I don't make any of the maps myself; I simply import other maps. My editing is directed primarily towards world-level sites and triggers. :) I figured out how to work triggers mostly through trial and error. ;)

Return to “User-created Scenarios”