Saqqara

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
existenz

Saqqara

Postby existenz » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:45 pm

Saqqara - My first Scenario

Ok just finished my first ever Scenario. It is set in 3000BC (apologies to Max1's new up and coming Scenario - but hopefully is different enough). This is a straight forward scenario with much trade and enemies. Resources are scarce so most come from trade. See what you think and Please!!! give me feedback, lots of feedback. Hopefully everything is working. It has been tested but may have uploaded it wrong or god knows what other mistakes I've made. Thanks.

Edit: Have edited scenario to ensure victory screen. In meantime to those who have already downloaded the scenario if you stick to just 6 - and exactly 6 townhouses - you will get the victory screen. Apologies :o

Edit2: My fix it didn't fix it just made the game worse so please don't download this. I will be asking for help in the editing section so please be patient and again apologies to everyone. :o

Edit3: Well I finally got the victory screen to work. This is guaranteed or your money back! Again Apologies to those who had already played this. Here is the updated file. :o :D I have tested this one right through to victory screen so I know this works,. if anyone wants to try again that is!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by existenz on Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Scenario stuffup

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:38 pm

I enjoied the scenario, the only problem is I believe I met all the conditions but I don't get the victory screen. I enclose a saving when everything should have been achieved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

existenz

Postby existenz » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:05 am

Yep You should have got the victory screen. Am having a look now and will get back to you ASAP. Might need to add a trigger to get the victory screen as I had problems working out the Goals section. By the way I can't get rid of the xxxx's. Does anyone know how. Tried deleting them from the Goals section but couldn't. If anyone wants to take a look at my triggers and goals section in the scenario and see where I've gone wrong, it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I followed Matts tutorial all the way in creating this scenario so if Matt's out there............?

existenz

Postby existenz » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:29 am

Ok what I did was put the goal of 6 townhouses as = to. You had more than 6 so did not get victory screen. :( Have changed the scenario to reflect that. Sorry. Much apologies! :) Hope it didn't spoil your enjoyment too much.

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:25 am

No, I enjoied it a lot. The scenario is very well balanced, it is challenging but not hard. Tonight I will try to delete 2 townhouses just for the fun.

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:43 pm

I tried to delete two townhouses but I did no get the victory screen, so I restarted and had the opposite problem: as soon as I destroied the second enemy camp, even if I had built neither the pyramid in Thebes nor the temple of Horus and destried the other camps, I got the victory screen. I continued and finished the scenario and everything else was working. I am enclosing a save immediately after victory screen, a save after completing all objectives and snapshots of the victory screen and of the world level at that moment.

existenz

Postby existenz » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:28 am

The same thing happened to me. I've been trying various options including deleting all goals in goals section in the editor but can't work out what is wrong. I'm going to need some help here. When I first posted this scenario I had tested it and it worked now I've made it worse. :o :mad: Can someone look at the triggers and goals etc and see if they can work out what went wrong. Please!!! and apologies to everyone for this.

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:06 am

existenz wrote:The same thing happened to me. I've been trying various options including deleting all goals in goals section in the editor but can't work out what is wrong. I'm going to need some help here. When I first posted this scenario I had tested it and it worked now I've made it worse. :o :mad: Can someone look at the triggers and goals etc and see if they can work out what went wrong. Please!!! and apologies to everyone for this.

You don' need to apologize, I greatly enjoied the scenario even with this problem.
Unfortunatly I am not familiar with editor, but if you need testing let me know.

existenz

Fixed the scenario

Postby existenz » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:00 am

Just bumping this so you know I fixed the problems - see my edit note above. new working scenario file available

catgoddess83

Can't finish!

Postby catgoddess83 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:34 am

Sorry, I can't finish this one. I have a raider camp that requires 300 troops to defeat it: I have only 80 previous troops and 83 villagers left. I was really enjoying this one, nice pacing, lots of trade but I have to quit.
Cat

existenz

Postby existenz » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:04 am

This camp doesnt need to be defeated by sending soldiers to it. There should be another site that will appear that will defeat them for you. If the Fortress doesn't appear then something isn't right. Be a liitle patient and it might open or have another look at the world level. Hope this helps.

CarrieThompson13@hotmail.

Gonna....

Postby CarrieThompson13@hotmail. » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:17 pm

I'm gonna give it a go. Looks fun. I'll take lots of pics and post a userset later...

existenz

Postby existenz » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:26 am

CarrieThompson13@hotmail. wrote:I'm gonna give it a go. Looks fun. I'll take lots of pics and post a userset later...

:) Great. I love looking at usersets! I have ugly MarkDuffy cities. :D

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:24 am

Make that pretty ugly® Existenz. :cool: I read your post today & took the challenge. A very well-rounded mission with LOTS to do!. You scared the hell outta me cuz the requirements for the new sites kept getting a bit larger! ;) I always open everything. I didn't get to place the pyramid Stele with the tiny extra prestige, cuz the victory screen got in the way. :eek: Well done, thankx! :D

Oh, I'll bet the REAL pretty builders were VERY upset with you! :p (No other details, cuz I don't want to give anything away.)

existenz

Postby existenz » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:19 pm

Sorry Mark! I only meant that I have seen you refer to your cities as ugly before not that they were ugly! But mine definately are very functional. I love looking at other peoples creations as I always wonder how they did it. I tend to follow Robber Baron's Djedu tutorial for most cities with variations when needed. Functional but not pretty. I am glad you enjoyed the scenario. :D

Bryce777

Postby Bryce777 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:32 am

Really enjoyed it thanks!

Return to “User-created Scenarios”