Kingdom on the Nile (Enhanced Sandbox game)

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Azeem

Kingdom on the Nile (Enhanced Sandbox game)

Postby Azeem » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:24 am

This is actually just an "enhanced" version of the Son of Ra sandbox scenario. :)

I've attempted to make some changes so that the world-level would seem less wooden and the scenario would feel more like running a simulated kingdom.

The changes are as follows:

-Diplomatic Options (trade treaties and declaration of war option)
-More military activity (soldiers will now have more to do than twidle their thumbs)
-New world-level sites to open
-Fewer resources in the city map (you have to trade for other resources)

Be warned that this scenario is much more difficult than standard "Son of Ra." :)

If there are any problems (triggers not firing or some world-level wierdness), post them here and I'll have them fixed on the following weekend. :)

EDIT 1:
Some known issues-
1) The "Appease" trigger chain is not working. I'll have this fixed when I have the time.
2) Some of the prestige is a bit off on some of the sites.
3) There's a tin mine in the city. It's not supposed to be there. ;)

EDIT 2:
Version 1 uploaded-
1) Fixed some trigger issues.
2) Removed tin mine.
3) Raiders should come more frequenty. :)

EDIT 3:
Version 1.1
1) Fixed a major mistake in the prestige given by certain world-level sites where some sites gave too much prestige.
2) Osirion and the Cult Center to Amun now require a lot more to be opened.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Azeem on Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:36 am

Ugh ~ Sandbox ~ ick

Sacrificial lamb reporting for duty, SIR!

Downloading...

:)

Yeah! Got the first download. No idea how to tell if it works (no victory screen & all). Haven't done SoR since the early daze.

Off with my pail & shovel...

~ ~ ~

UPDATE ~ ! ~ This is absolutely NOT Son of Ra! Much harder & more fun!

Well done, so far, Azeem!

Last edited by MarkDuffy on Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:50 am

Good that you're both liking it so far. :) I've noticed there's some errors so I'll be doing some tweaking on Friday and upload the fixed version.

Turambar

Postby Turambar » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:35 pm

well i'm having fun with this

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:09 pm

This is an excellent scenario as released, Azeem!

I took the "Appease" option for yuks. Of course it doesn't work. Appeasement never does. Then I later chose Invade Nubia in the same game path. (I haven't done the other save option that I PMed you about.)

I destroyed Tushka, then Semna in 2002. The WM appears complete as is my Grand Obelisk Pincushion.

I didn't even get any prestige monuments for Semna. No one cared for my war-mongering.

However, it didn't stop the insurgents, who continued to terrorize my city afterwards, even though there was no World Map governments harboring them. I also got raided in 2000, but those clowns died before they got to my city. This is where I stopped.

The political statements in your scenario as written are very profound!

Well Done!

PS ~ Azeem is being very defensive. I encourge everyone to download & play it as released. Don't let Azeem scare you away!

:D

EDIT: The World Map image will self-destruct in 24 hours

(Poof)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:50 pm

Version 1 is up. :)

However, it didn't stop the insurgents, who continued to terrorize my city afterwards, even though there was no World Map governments harboring them. I also got raided in 2000, but those clowns died before they got to my city. This is where I stopped.

I don't know how to increase the number of raiders, though. What I might have to do if I do a version 1.2 is to increase the number of raider camps and raider triggers. :)

One of these days, I might make a scenario designed purely to frustrate the player. :D :D :D
Last edited by Azeem on Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:10 pm

Azeem wrote:Version 1 is up. :)

Damn, you deleted the original. I liked THAT one! ;)

I might just have to upload it as an alternative. :p

I don't know how to increase the number of raiders, though.

Play on HARD. I guarantee that will do it! :D

What I might have to do if I do a version 1.2 is to increase the number of raider camps and raider triggers. :)

HARD will be almost impossible. I already had issues with bricks & papyrus on NORMAL. :D

One of these days, I might make a scenario designed purely to frustrate the player. :D :D :D

Already done! ;)

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:03 am

I wonder what happens if I duplicate the same raider trigger ten times and have them set to occur ten seconds after each other? *evil grin* :D

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:56 am

UPDATE: I noticed that there was a HUGE error on how much certain sites offer prestige. Osirion and the Cult Temple of Amun gave 90 and 100 prestige respectively. :eek: Also made some minor fixes. :) Also, the two Cult Centers require a lot more prestige to open. Version 1.1 is up now.

I'll also be releasing a Version 1.2 sometime. There will be more raiders and diplomatic options. :)

Also, my "King Scorpion" scenario is in the works. The city map terrain is the "Nekhen" map, but the World Level will have all sorts of goodies. :D I'm also thinking of modifying the Akhetaten scenario to better reflect the Armana period and make it much more difficult (such as having shrines disabled to make satisfying religious needs much harder ;) ) and multiple ways of losing.
Last edited by Azeem on Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:51 am

I don't understand, Azeem. Those sites don't appear to be a prestige problem (unless they decay quickly). This is again where I stopped on the first version as before. City is 24 years old. I have done nothing else.

(Note: Images will self-destruct as soon as Azeem sees them & notifies me. Sorry!)

Poof!
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:55 am

Odd. You didn't get a one-time 100 prestige bonus just from opening the Cult Center sites? Could be a glitch or something. Found out from Matt that there's a limit to how many controls (the sites themselves) on the World Level you can have; anything past the maximum causes glitches. Anyway, I altered the prestige values in version 1.1.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:13 pm

I don't know about Matt, Azeem, but you are nowhere near the WM complexity that Karter used in Nazlat al Fallahin. ;)

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sat May 06, 2006 11:55 pm

I need help, Azeem. I thought I downloaded the latest version, but I couldn't find it. It is in my Desktop COTN download folder, but not in my game itself. I dl it there to a temp subfolder then transfer it to the main folder & also to my game at the same time.

Whoops! I found it in the actual COTN DATA/SAVED GAMES folder! lol on me! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

OK, here's the question. My file says KingdomontheNilev1[1].1.scn

That it?

I also have KingdomontheNilev08.scn which is the original one I played.

First & third?

Your Post #1 shows KingdomontheNilev1.1.scn today ???

Is there a 4th I need to download or is Bill Gates screwing with me again?

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun May 07, 2006 12:40 am

Nope, it's just 1.1. No brackets. :)

Speaking of which, I've noticed that I forgot to put the raider camp trigger on "looping" so they only send raiders once. :o

However, the Nubian raiders are on "looping" so they'll repeatedly attack regardless of whether or not you conquer their cities. :D

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sun May 07, 2006 12:53 am

I'm such a dummy! After reading your response, I went to dl the one in your first post & it came up with [1] in the middle.

I have the correct one & it IS Bill Gates' fault! :mad:

Thankx, Azeem! :)

texasmine

Kingdom on the Nile

Postby texasmine » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:07 pm

Azeem, does this ever have a victory screen?

Return to “User-created Scenarios”