The Heretic King

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Azeem

The Heretic King

Postby Azeem » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:55 am

A peculiar and notorious figure in ancient Egyptian history, the famous/infamous "Heretic King," Akhenaten made a revolutionary attempt to completely alter the religious landscape of Egypt. Though known for his "monotheistic" ideas and his devotion to Aten as the true deity, the Amarna Period, the reign of Akhenaten, was certainly not an age of prosperity. Due to his negligence of the affairs of the Kingdom, the populace suffered. Akhenaten's decision to venerate Aten also was a great threat to not only the way of life of Egypt, but also the mighty priests of Amun, who had long since held a strong influence over his predecessors. Not long after the end of the Amarna period, attempts to stamp out Akhenaten's legacy were made and thus there is not a great deal that we know about the mysterious "Heretic King."

But what if Akhenaten was not such a negligent king? Will you reform Egypt?

*NOTES*
- This is a semi-fictitious scenario set in the backdrop of the Amarna Period. The events in the game do not conform completely to history although it is intended to simulate some of the difficulties faced during the period.
- The map is generally the same as the bonus Akhetaten scenario that TM provided a while ago. However, the trigger system and events have been extensively overhauled. Most of the triggers have been tested. If there are some glitches and oddities, please notify me in this thread and I'll have it fixed immediately. :)
- Some events are timed; in other words, if a major "bad" event occurs on the world-level, you'd better respond to it quickly. ;)
- I will also be releasing a more historically accurate version that includes the conflict in Canaan and the Hittite Empire that further caused problems for Egypt under Akhenaten's reign. That version will be much, much more difficult. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Azeem on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bowel_Infection

Givin' it a shot!

Postby Bowel_Infection » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:36 am

Thanks Azeem... I've downloaded this scenario and am about to give it a try. I appreciate your hard work.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:37 pm

Hark, I behold a wonder and his name is Azeem. :p Yet another scenario for your very capable mind. Thank you ever so much.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:40 pm

I think I got the first download last night & PMed my thanks to Azeem then. Since everyone is jumping in, I will add my public thanks to Azeem also! :)

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:04 pm

Your all welcome. :D

I didn't make much changes to the Akhetaten city terrain map (although I did alter some coastlines and resources) so most of my editing focused on triggers. Fiddling with the triggers for this scenario was actually quite a lot of fun. There's about a little more than twice as many triggers in this modded Akhetaten scenario than the original. Enjoy. :) ;)

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:12 pm

Thankx for reminding me, Azeem! :D

The very best thing about COTN is its WORLD MAP!

Zeus had it. Emperor had it. I hope C4 will also have it, but I don't see that yet. :(

CBing is one thing I enjoy tremendously, but WMing is what really grabs my attention. :D

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:29 am

Congratulations, Azeem. My first loss ever! :D

To tell ya the truth, I don't even know how it happened...

Yet! :p

PS ~ The Hammer dropped in a BIG way! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:39 am

I'll give you a little hint: I "borrowed" something from classic "Pharaoh." :D

Bowel_Infection

Postby Bowel_Infection » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:19 pm

Failure here too, Azeem... although I didn't take a photo of the failure screen. I too, don't know the exact reason for failing... but I guarantee that I deserved it. Nobles don't stay happy when they're being raided daily.

Excellent scenario... VERY challenging. Gonna go again here soon.

Thanks again.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:43 pm

Bowel_Infection wrote:Failure here too, Azeem... although I didn't take a photo of the failure screen. I too, don't know the exact reason for failing... but I guarantee that I deserved it. Nobles don't stay happy when they're being raided daily.

I've been diverted by other things, but I guarantee it wasn't from Nobles getting mad in my case, Bowel_Infection.

I will return, Azeem! :D No Hintz! :p

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:20 pm

Good to see that you're all enjoying it. :)

Perhaps I should make my next scenario ten times as EVIL. :D :D

Asterix~

Postby Asterix~ » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:35 am

Have downloaded it, will play soon. Looks real fun!

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:08 am

RAIDERS !!!

Get your Raiders here! :D

Azeem now holds the World's Record for Raider Attacks & it ain't even close!

:)

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:40 pm

There's a problem with the Victory Screen. :o Even if you fulfill all goals, the victory screen won't show up. However, I've been able to find the cause of this and have uploaded the fixed version. :) There aren't any other problems with the old version so you can simply continue playing the old one as a sandbox game if you wish. :D

I'll also be making a more historically accurate of this scenario, which will be far more difficult :D . It shall include:
- Dealings with the Hittite Empire
- The rivalry between Shechem and Jerusalem in Canaan.
- Additional "Royal Decisions" that have particular consequences and benefits
Last edited by Azeem on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:27 am

I don't need no stinkin Victory Screen. Just meet all the goals AND open everything on the World Map. Doable. ;)

EDIT: It looks like Azeem has replaced the original with a new version v1.1 with a Win Screen. I have to suffer through this excellent (as it wuz) scenario AGAIN? (YIKES !!!). :D
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:34 am

MarkDuffy wrote:I
EDIT: It looks like Azeem has replaced the original with a new version v1.1 with a Win Screen. I have to suffer through this excellent (as it wuz) scenario AGAIN? (YIKES !!!). :D

There's going to be another version of this scenario (that is far less forgiving ;) ), so you're have to suffer all over again pretty soon. :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:52 am

I never got around to downloading v1.1 of this nasty scenario, Azeem. Besides, this thread needs a Win Screen, so I just did & took my time to really enjoy the raiders this time...

Image is with worship highlighted. Even the Priests were mad! :D

Thank you again! I absolutely loved it, especially since I forgot how I played last time. :)

clayson4908

Postby clayson4908 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:18 am

Azeem, liked your scenario -- probably a little more on the world map that I normally care for but fun and challenging. Please ignore the number of years in the WinScreen -- I always forget that for some reason the snapshot function of the WinScreen doesn't always work -- anyway the years are for where I am at now, I got the WinScreen about 20 years ago, but have been working on the temple complex and finishing the pyramids. I still have a couple of obelisks and a few statues as well as several feet of walls to go. Hope to play more of your scenarios -- I like nice flat maps were I can just build.
Last edited by clayson4908 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:59 am

Nice that this is still getting attention. :D

I've been meaning to do a more historical version with that nice Akhetaten map that joshofet supplied some time ago, but I'm a bit busy these days. I'll get around to it eventually. :o

MoonHeart

Postby MoonHeart » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:51 pm

Sounds fun and historical! My favorite! :D

Return to “User-created Scenarios”