Screenshots of CAESAR 4..the highest high-the lowest low

Everything Caesar IV that doesn't fit elsewhere
dorn

Screenshots of CAESAR 4..the highest high-the lowest low

Postby dorn » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:30 am

So now that MarkDuffy, bexgames and me have decided that we need a new thread for the screenies of the full version of the game i just opened one! :D
->(to see that easy decision look at the last posts in the old screenis thread)

So here it is, REED please make it 'Sticky' and maybe rename Gizzas ''Screenies!!!'' thread in ''Screenies!!!(Demo)'' or so... :)

Everyone is welcomed to post every pic made from your copy of C4, give us impressions of different missions -economy and fighting-, of the different climatic zones and the landscapes, your beautiful architectue or your best try, your burned down city, your biggest mistakes and your overall victory!!! :)

Show us the ZOOM-options, pics from the dare-races, the people wandering around and screens of their daily doings...
and of course strange and bizzare moments!! :D

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:19 pm

OK, Dorn, here is the last tutorial Scenario in the Kingdom Campaign ~ Brundisium. My first & only play on Normal. No cheating. No deleting preexisting roads. My very first experience with Walls & C4 Military (that totally ROCKED MY WORLD !!! :) )

Don't laugh too hard... I'm still a Noob! :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chazsi

Postby chazsi » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:33 pm

MarkDuffy wrote:OK, Dorn, here is the last tutorial Scenario in the Kingdom Campaign ~ Brundisium. My first & only play on Normal. No cheating. No deleting preexisting roads. My very first experience with Walls & C4 Military (that totally ROCKED MY WORLD !!! :) )

Don't laugh too hard... I'm still a Noob! :o

Great shots Mark D. :D

I rather enjoyed the military as well. I am going to start a thread about military and would appreciate you posting your thoughts there. :p

kguda

Postby kguda » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:42 pm

MD,
thanks for the zoom in shots. now i have an idea how it looks cuz my game is coming in the mail only today

aeval99

Postby aeval99 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:43 pm

I love all the little animations of factory workers who have no goods. In the demo I thought I saw a guy break-dancing but couldn't zoom in enough to see. Sure enough, he's dancing while his fellow worker plays the pot drums. The olive oil maker plays with his yoyo (can't get a clear pic of it :( ).

I really love the wine makers. It's a bit hard to see, but one guy is swinging and drinking from a goblet of wine...the others apparently had some earlier. The sword swallowing weapons maker is cute too. In the night picture check out the fellow in the upper part of the building. I think he might have been next door at the wine makers for awhile. I've heard of a lampshade on your head, but seriously...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bexgames

Postby bexgames » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:48 pm

Those are So FUNNY!! love them! :D :D

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:49 pm

Thanks for posting those shots Mark, Now I have an idea on how I can complete this scenario and think I will try it again.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:37 pm

Cross-linking to the [Demo] Screenies!!! thread... :)

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:58 am

Oh My GOD !!!

Djedu the Magnificent !!!

The sheer SIZE of the GORGEOUS Map !!! S-P-A-C-E ~ Glorious Space. No edges of the map to interfere with the camera.

Peaceful, but with the entire Military Build Button turned on. OK, everything is turned on but the Obelisk.

I started with a full city on pause. Left myself just enough money to pay wages for year one. Oops forgot about the traders needing BRIDGES! Spent myself -1000 in the hole to build them. Caesar almost came.

I have just begin to scratch it. A perfect place to kick the tires of the game.

Like my long road? You can see it better in the minimap.

If this doesn't sell you on Caesar IV ~ NOTHING Will !!! :) :) :)

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:19 am

Thanks again for the pictures. i goofed up and setup an outlying colony where the marble is (see your last screenshot above) when I see now that all that I needed to do was to put down a couple marble working facilities, engineer and prefect and could still produce enough marble for Romes first request.

What a waste I did developing the long long road to get out there so that I could transfer food and products to that small village.

Duuuuhhhhhhh My name is Homer.

Sapphire

Postby Sapphire » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:09 am

i have a city pop of 10k and il try and get some pics up

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:16 am

I must admit that one thing that is a bit disappointing about Caesar IV is that the figures in the buildings don't interact with people on the street (unlike in CotN where shopkeepers might pause to talk to passerbys). :o Still, Caesar IV crushes the competition in just about everything else. :D

dorn

Postby dorn » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:07 am

Maybe someone (i am looking over to marky) can post pics and so make a lab on how every building looks like, cos in the demo not all buildings were available and i want to know how they look!
I wanna know the guilds, the library, the mansions, the miliatary.... :) :)

Zamolxes

Postby Zamolxes » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:41 am

My latest attempt, Carthago online. Fully realized some ideas I tried in demo.
Check out main drag with 13, rock solid GRAND MANSIONS!!! If i had chosen a better location more can be sustained :)
2nd Downtown, workforce center.Tried a pretty attempt, but 1st Ihad to build a functional city, cash rolls in like crazy, can be spent on pretty now heheh.
1st city with 100 prosperity :) Though favor is a ***** to raise, i'm stuck to 55 :(
Last edited by Zamolxes on Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:57 pm

Zamolxes wrote:Check out main drag with 13, rock solid GRAND MANSIONS!!!

OMG ~ Grabs heart & keels over !!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

desirorevolution

Postby desirorevolution » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:27 pm

Very nice work! Can't wait until mine arrives.

John

BTW, Zamolxes, is that how the ground always looks on your game, a dark green/black texture?

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:50 pm

I think his demo shots looked like that aswell. :\ aslong as it isn't crashing it is bearable I suppose...

Norante

Postby Norante » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:18 pm

I will post some as soon as I change the default snapshot format to .PNG.

They might not be the most efficient cities, but I tend to make them very organic looking, meshing with the envinronment. Sometimes it looks rather pleasant.

Kuplo

Postby Kuplo » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:28 pm

dorn wrote:Maybe someone (i am looking over to marky) can post pics and so make a lab on how every building looks like, cos in the demo not all buildings were available and i want to know how they look!
I wanna know the guilds, the library, the mansions, the miliatary.... :) :)

Open up the editor for the game and you can place all of the buildings on a map, then you'll know what they looks like.

chazsi

Postby chazsi » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:33 pm

Zamolxes wrote:My latest attempt, Carthago online. Fully realized some ideas I tried in demo.
Check out main drag with 13, rock solid GRAND MANSIONS!!! If i had chosen a better location more can be sustained :)
2nd Downtown, workforce center.Tried a pretty attempt, but 1st Ihad to build a functional city, cash rolls in like crazy, can be spent on pretty now heheh.
:(

**sniff sniff**

It.... it... it's beautiful, Zamilxes....

**sniff sniff**

wipes tear from eye.

Return to “General Discussion”