Ceasar 5 or anything happining?

Everything Caesar IV that doesn't fit elsewhere
gamester101
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:36 am

Ceasar 5 or anything happining?

Postby gamester101 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:16 am

Any new stuff in the works Ceazar style?

Thanks

Keith
Posts: 9951
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 4:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:36 am

I wouldn't expect another Caesar game if any for quite some time to come now.

reachrishikh
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:37 pm

Postby reachrishikh » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:17 am

I can't say I wasn't expecting this.

BTW, how much have I missed? How many C5 threads have been created so far? I know the number is going to be considerably less than what we did for C4 ages ago. But still...


Maybe we can expect a Caesar 5 in 2015.

King Faticus
Posts: 4230
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:20 am

Postby King Faticus » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:39 pm

I think the wait between the games is healthy and gives time for technology and the average computers to improve
btw in 2015 everything will probably be virtual...

goonsquad
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:01 am

Postby goonsquad » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:38 am

I'd settle for a Caesar 4.5, being C4 with all the game's glitches fixed, with an editor that more people can use, and not needing to be a complete geek to get it working.

Alas, it won't happen, which makes it all the sadder that the game was released before it was ready. It's a tremendous game, but after just over one year it's just about run out of steam. The HG C3 site gets as many posts as the C4 site these days.
Last edited by goonsquad on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keith
Posts: 9951
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 4:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:19 am

I wouldn't say it's run out of steam but it's not "new" any more. Many of us played and replayed Caesar III for 8 years because it was all we had.

reachrishikh
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:37 pm

Postby reachrishikh » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:07 am

What are you talking about? That's not all we had! We also had P/C, Z/P, and Emperor. Not to mention CoTN.

cjoe1994
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:25 am

Postby cjoe1994 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:17 am

reachrishikh wrote:I can't say I wasn't expecting this.

BTW, how much have I missed? How many C5 threads have been created so far? I know the number is going to be considerably less than what we did for C4 ages ago. But still...


Maybe we can expect a Caesar 5 in 2015.



How can there be a game 3 years after the apocalypse?

Keith
Posts: 9951
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 4:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby Keith » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:54 pm

reachrishikh wrote:What are you talking about? That's not all we had! We also had P/C, Z/P, and Emperor. Not to mention CoTN.


All we had in Rome-based citybuilders.

Cartpusher
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:36 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Postby Cartpusher » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:35 pm

We will have C5 shortly (maybe a year or two) after I win the lottery. I plan to buy up all of the rights to the series, hire all of the dedicated Caesar players as consultants, and build the ultimate Roman citybuilder simulation.

We will have fishing (again), conquest of new provinces (again), and an editor that works (again). There will be sea invasions (again), and shoreline will no longer have any defensive value. We will be able to level terrain at a cost of time and money. Construction will take time with visual building effects like CotN and resource requirements like Stronghold. Roads will be variable in width, but narrow roads will restrict traffic (in ways yet to be determined).

The game will be tested thoroughly, and updates will be issued as soon as the fixes for any remaining bugs are discovered.

Retail price will be $19.95 (negotiable) with free overnight shipping.

I bought a lottery ticket today. Everyone cross your fingers.

Jan Gronvik
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:56 am

Postby Jan Gronvik » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:03 am

Here is my updated suggestions for Caesar V :-)

Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reachrishikh
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:37 pm

Postby reachrishikh » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:12 pm

Cartpusher wrote:We will have C5 shortly (maybe a year or two) after I win the lottery. I plan to buy up all of the rights to the series, hire all of the dedicated Caesar players as consultants, and build the ultimate Roman citybuilder simulation.

We will have fishing (again), conquest of new provinces (again), and an editor that works (again). There will be sea invasions (again), and shoreline will no longer have any defensive value. We will be able to level terrain at a cost of time and money. Construction will take time with visual building effects like CotN and resource requirements like Stronghold. Roads will be variable in width, but narrow roads will restrict traffic (in ways yet to be determined).

The game will be tested thoroughly, and updates will be issued as soon as the fixes for any remaining bugs are discovered.

Retail price will be $19.95 (negotiable) with free overnight shipping.

I bought a lottery ticket today. Everyone cross your fingers.



LOL!
I look forward to you winning the lottery!

Jodet
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:25 am
Location: Phoenix

Postby Jodet » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:11 pm

I think all we'll be seeing is add-ons to SCS for a loooong time.

Isn't the first one out in May?

Rnett
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:21 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Postby Rnett » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:01 pm

Then it's time to buy another lottery ticket...Image

Stardog
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:58 pm

Postby Stardog » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:02 pm

Edited.
Last edited by Stardog on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

milton
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:56 am

Postby milton » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:46 am

"Jan Gronvik" wrote:Here is my updated suggestions for Caesar V :-)

Jan


Wait wait, you want all that AND shorter load times?

roflmao.

Novicia
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:48 am
Location: London, UK

Postby Novicia » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:30 pm

I want insults - well, not directed at me, but I loved all the name-calling when I failed to meet a city's request in time! A database of insults to toss back would be very nice. I'm sure we could all come up with suitable phrases.

dustrocks
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:04 pm
Location: middle of hurricane Katrina land

Postby dustrocks » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:05 pm

I sure agree with you about Emperor. It was/is the best of the city building games and I too keep going back to it. If they had updated the engine on that game a bit as the Caesar model it would have made IV a really nice game. Personal opinion is that too much time is wasted with major 3D type effects and neglecting the actual city building aspects.

Jodet
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:25 am
Location: Phoenix

The future?

Postby Jodet » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:18 pm

This is me guessing, of course, but here goes:

I suspect the SCS franchise is dead after the first add-on.

The updated 'COTN' will be a test-run for a new download delivery system for games.

After that, future TM games will be dload only.

But I don't know what they'll be. Another 'Immortal Cities', I would think, but I've no idea what. Maybe 'Children of Zeus'.

I would love an updated Caesar IV like the updated 'COTN', but I doubt that will happen. Would be cool, though. Some of the missions are too damn hard, but that is one great game.

Apoplexia
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:54 am
Location: Plymouth, England

Postby Apoplexia » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:24 pm

@Jodet

My guess is that your guesses are correct. TM is a business, but it’s clear that in addition to making a good living they have a strong desire to produce intelligent and innovative games. This being so, the twin Dark Forces of a) publishers and b) adolescents must inexorably make direct sale their only option.

Egypt Rome and Greece are the three civilizations with the strongest grip on the Western imagination, and imo all these threads about Incas/India etc. overlook that such a game would only be bought by a few hardcores on this site and the developers’ own mothers. Therefore I am happy to bet your house on Zeus part deux, and will supply you with a tent if the need arises.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest