custom music for Caesar IV?

Everything Caesar IV that doesn't fit elsewhere
pheeph

custom music for Caesar IV?

Postby pheeph » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:53 am

Is it possible to play custom music for Caesar IV? I wanted to put the Caesar III music (only the music that's frequently heard throughout the city building map) into Caesar IV.

Hieronymus

Postby Hieronymus » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:02 am

Have a look in the "Caesar IV\Data\Audio\Music\Main Game" folder - you will see there all the mp3 files that are played as background music during the game. If you replace any of these (for example pari passu.mp3) with your own mp3, that will be played at some point during the game instead (they appear to cycle randomly apart from the "invasion" music).

As ever with these things, make sure you take a backup copy of the original files first :)

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:24 am

I tried to find it but couldn't. I thought someone had posted a thread on this a long time ago.

Another alternative is to use any media player you like and play the music from the Windows desktop while you play the game with it's music turned off.

You can also listen to the game music of all the citybuilders from Caesar III through Caesar IV via one of the appropriate links below. Turn off the ingame music and let the page play inthe background.

However, the games themselves must be installed on one of the drive letters supported by the website and in their original default install paths (sorry, no custom install paths.)

Keith Heitmann
Listen to the music of the CityBuilders while online:
Caesar IV Music Box•Caesar IV Demo Music Box•Caesar III Playthrough Archive•Caesar III Music Player•Roman History& Culture Quiz•Pharaoh Music Jukebox•Official Pharaoh/Cleopatra Walkthroughs•Zeus Music Jukebox•Official Zeus/Poseidon Walkthroughs•Emperor's Music Box•Children of the Nile Musicbox•Children of the Nile & Quiz•

Return to “General Discussion”