Rome city scenario

Everything Caesar IV that doesn't fit elsewhere
PublioAdriano

Rome city scenario

Postby PublioAdriano » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi,
I was looking for the Roma bonus scenario to download, but every link I found is obsolete.
Can anyone give me the right one please?

Poorman

Here you go!

Postby Poorman » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi PublioAdriano,

I have a copy of the Roma scenario you are asking for. I uploaded it to my Microsoft SkyDrive for you to download. Here's the link to the file.

http://sdrv.ms/QboBk3

When you install this into your scenario folder you will be prompted to overwrite files ( three I think ). Just say yes. Those three files were originally installed with the game but they were just dummy placeholder files, nothing more.

Hope this is helpful. :)

~ Poorman

PublioAdriano

Postby PublioAdriano » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:07 pm

You've been very, very helpful.
I was looking for that file for a long time!
I take the opportunity to ask you for another problem.
I'm playing the scenario, but after a while a request from Rome comes. I am Rome.
I don't fulfil the request and after a little Rome (me) sends an army to dismiss me.
It is a fixable bug? Or I have to lose all hope?

Poorman

I Don't Know

Postby Poorman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Sorry,

I cannot help you with this one, I never played it myself. Have you tried using the search function up above in the black bar here? Try searching for "Roma" and see what you can find.

I know this has been played by many people, that much I know.

Good luck to you.

PublioAdriano

Postby PublioAdriano » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Thank you the same, but I cannot find anything.

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:22 pm

You may ingnore "requests" but do not ignore "demands".

If you ignore a request you lose a chance to boost your favor rating, but don't lose anything.

If you ignore or are late with a demand, your favor will drop.

Rome is a sandbox scenario. They could have just have well named it some other Roman city. The requests and demands are hard coded into the game so you will get them from "Rome" regardless of your city's name.

You will notice that the population goal of "Rome" is 1,000,000 people. You'll never reach it. You'll probably run out of space or your computer will bog down before you get anywhere close to that figure.

The Rome scenario is in there just to let you build to heart's content and try to make as big of a city that you can.
Last edited by Keith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:58 pm

You start with a low favor, so if you don't fulfill some requests you get dismissed. If you are not able to grant soon a request you can send a big gift.
In Rome requests alternate between weapons and military aid. if you start early weapon factories you can fulfill them and increase your favor. You can then build an army and fulfill also military requests. Your goal is not to go under 30 of favor.

PublioAdriano

Postby PublioAdriano » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Thank to all.
Now I'm going to build a new Roma!

Return to “General Discussion”