can not install C4 as the patch is still on the computer

Everything Caesar IV that doesn't fit elsewhere
brinlarr

can not install C4 as the patch is still on the computer

Postby brinlarr » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:15 pm

Deleted C4 tried to reinstall but getting an error message that I have v1.2 and I am trying to install v1.0
obviously the patch isnt in the serria file

so how do I delete the patch?

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:42 am

So you had version 1.2 installed and it's detecting that you are trying to install v. 1.0? Or, did you had 1.0 and patch to 1.2 before?

Sounds like not all the Caesar IV files got uninstalled.

Did you run the game uninstaller or did you just delete the Caesar IV game folder?

Just deleting the game folder will leave behind registry and hidden folder files that might give you this problem.

In the case of the registry, you can search through it and remove anything that mentions "Caesar IV". But be careful. Don't rush through this sort of thing. Deleting the wrong file in the registry can really cause problems.

You should always backup the registry file to your desktop before you start. That way your current registry can be restored in case you make an mistake.

Rhamses

Postby Rhamses » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 am

I have played Caesar III before but I have never played Caesar IV. Is it like III or is it completely different?

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:00 am

It's very different. For one, there are no market ladies roaming around. Your citizens have to go shopping for themselves at the different types of markets.

It still has many features similar to Caesar III though so it's not completely different. Sierra wanted a game that Caesar III players could be comfortable with but still have something new to play.

There are the usual ratings for culture, security, favor, etc. And there is an advisor screen to get info on what's happening in your city.

Return to “General Discussion”