From warehouse to warehouse?

Everything Caesar IV that doesn't fit elsewhere
stifler182

From warehouse to warehouse?

Postby stifler182 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Hello everyone,
I have a lot of industries away from the city and I wanted to create this chain: a warehouse that takes the goods directly from production, a warehouse near the city that takes the goods stored in the first warehouse and finally a market that takes the goods from the closest warehouse. The problem is that the warehouses don't communicate with each other but they go to take the goods directly from production. Is there a way to do this?

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:42 pm

It's been a while since I played, but from memory, I don't think so, at least not automatically.

You could try placing two warehouses both half way between source and market, to try to bring more product closer to the market and this may help a little bit.
But I think I remember market buyers sometimes running past warehouses with product in them to get the product direct from the source (which was infuriating)

You might be able to get somewhere with micromanagement and telling one warehouse to empty sometimes, but that's no fun.

Maybe someone who has played a bit more recently will give you a better answer but it isn't a busy forum, so you might have to wait a while for an answer.

egyptologist90

Postby egyptologist90 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:45 pm

"Herodotus" wrote:, so you might have to wait a while for an answer

warehouse to warehouse wont work. except if you mothball one, then your people will take its contents to the next.
what i do is cut the streets link between production, distribution and consumption in this manner:
iron mine and warehouse are linked by street, street ends at warehouse. on each of the other edges of this warehouse i have street segments linking to utensils factory, weapons factory (which is being supplied by wood on a separate line respectively), .. you name it. all these factories are connected to is another warehouse serving as supplier for the markets (or wherever the final goods are needed).
long story short: its sometimes a good idea not to connect your mines directly to the markets
that solves the problem of market workers running half across the map to pick up stuff on the other side of the planet
its a little late where im from and my english is not the best but i hope you understand anyway. i would have made a screenshot but my savegames are gone and i'm too lazy to set that up again right now ;)

ps: just bought childrens of the nile on steam, hope its at least half as good as caesar iv :)

Return to “General Discussion”