Welcome to the Caesar IV Forums!

Everything Caesar IV that doesn't fit elsewhere
Need_Help

Postby Need_Help » Wed May 17, 2006 2:11 am

Thanks for your recommend and I think I will try it after 26th of May because from 15th of May until 25th of May is my mid-year exam.So....don't have the time to play :D

Hibernian

Postby Hibernian » Wed May 17, 2006 7:44 pm

Shouldn't you be studying :D ?

Need_Help

Postby Need_Help » Thu May 18, 2006 2:41 am

I really still studying and still have 4 years in this school and then collage and university.So long.................

prof786

Postby prof786 » Thu May 18, 2006 5:54 am

college will be good for you. you just wait :D

Need_Help

Postby Need_Help » Thu May 18, 2006 12:53 pm

My brother is studying collage and he is very busy with his work.I think depends on which course you take.

Hibernian

Postby Hibernian » Thu May 18, 2006 2:30 pm

Classical Civilisations! :D

Tulkaslan

Postby Tulkaslan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:39 pm

Morning all.

Finally I decided to register, and get some more inside info on this game. I remember playing the Caesar III demo way back, and getting hooked on CBs from then on. Pharoah, Cleopatra, Zeus, Poseidon, Emperor ----> all took up 'real life'. CotN provided some fun as well. So its back into even less life than usual (and given my program... thats scary).

Hopefully, Caesar IV won't destroy my degree chances. However, when breaks come...

Hibernian

Postby Hibernian » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:28 am

Good to see you getting your priorities right - Welcome! ;) :rolleyes: :)

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:36 am

Much is still unknown about the game. For a quick run through of some of the things we've found out look through the "The Features" thread which contains tidbits of information gathered from many sources. That should get you up to speed somewhat.

Need_Help

Postby Need_Help » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:13 am

Welcome to TiltedMill forum.Now there are 2 games here which is Children of The Nile and Caesar 4.

aclin

multi monitor support

Postby aclin » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:33 pm

Hello everyone
I too would like to lend my sentiment and affection to the Caesar series.
Just think we can now wain nostalgic over computer games. Games that at one time need to be played on the fastest 486 computers and now can be played on PDA's and handhelds.
I did not read every posted game suggestion for C4 so forgive me if I'm repeating about multi monitor or window support . This is something I've wanted for a long time. Just think of the possibilities! Even if you had only one monitor.
You could in a since build your own interface. imagine having the city map and the world map open at the same time. Or spreadsheets doing the numbers in real time. I know I'm a little late with this because I fortunately just found out about C4 3 months before it's release. Yes I said FORTUNATELY! I will only have to wait 3 months, where some of you have been waiting years. But i hope this is something that can be considered in the future.

THX

CobraA1

Postby CobraA1 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:06 pm

Wow - it's been what, 8 years?

Caesar III is IMHO one of the greatest games for PC. I still own a copy, and out of all of the games I play, it's one that I still come back to time and time again. Civ IV has some big shoes to fill :) .

It's almost perfect - if they fixed the walkers and made the military a bit more challenging, that's all I need.

All of the new features look great :cool: .

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:31 pm

Welcome to our group!

Yep, 8 long years. The walker problem is a thing of the past. The game will function more like Children of the Nile in that regard. The citizens of your city will seek out the services they need, go shopping, etc. No more market lady, no more recruiting walkers. No need to put tents in remote areas to provide labor access.

A lot of what we know has come from TM, and many of the preview articles from people that have seen the game, or have done interviews.

Something that will help you catch up is a thread I put together that summarizes many of the points we know about the game called The Features. Some other the other threads with the known screenshots of the game will help you get a actual look at the game. 20 new screenshots were just posted on web game sites in the past few days.

CobraA1

Postby CobraA1 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:14 am

Thanks.

Heh, I'd written Caesar as abandonware a long time ago, and was glad to have a copy of something I thought I'd never see again.

I was pretty surprised to find out Caesar IV was in development. Amazing things happen, I guess.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:22 am

There are still a great many people that still play Caesar III. Some even have Caesar II installed. There are still people interested in finding copies of the game, especially those with Macs since there aren't as many copies of those floating around out there on the market.

The wait won't be too much longer now. So stay tuned for further developments. ;)

TheUnquietGrave
Location: ye olde sticks, the boonies, way out yonder, BF egypt, middle of nowhere, etc.

Postby TheUnquietGrave » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:39 pm

I never actually played any of the Caesar games, but I did play Pharaoh, Cleopatra, Zeus, Emperor, and CoTN. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to finally play a Caesar game, as the roman empire is one of my favorites when it comes to history and mythology. :D

kach

Postby kach » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:48 pm

Hi all. I've been lurking for years. So long, that I feel I know everyone. So this is just to make it all official. :D

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:08 pm

Welcome then & don't be a stranger.... :)

kach

Postby kach » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:02 am

Thanks for the welcome. Now I just have to be careful about what I say .... I not not sure what a C3 cultist is, but I suspect I might be one. ;)

Babbens

Postby Babbens » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:16 pm

kach wrote:Hi all. I've been lurking for years. So long, that I feel I know everyone. So this is just to make it all official. :D

Hello everybody! Same here, kach! You said it so well that I had to quote you.

The release of the demo convinced me that I'll get this fine game and that I'll need plenty of advice; ;)
but what really made me register was the post "Ask and you shall receive" by Chris Beatrice...

a post by the president and director of development himself?! Had yet to see something like that!
Couldn't be more surprised if the MS Boss had answered me personally while on Windows support...hehehe... :)
no, really, I'm flabbergasted...
a company that actually tries to listen to its fans and players base?? Amazing! But how sweet!

Chris Beatrice wrote:We are thrilled to be involved with the Caesar series again, [...]

And I'm thrilled to be able to play the new version of one of my favourite games ever! <S>
Last edited by Babbens on Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”