Caesar III

Everything Caesar IV that doesn't fit elsewhere
Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:12 am

We both chose the Roman March, which I don't think sounds much like anything in C3.

The your ROME clip is the Victory Parade march taken from the movie soundtracks directly that's why it sounds a bit different that most of the other tracks on the Ben Hur recordings. That one is similar to Rome5.wav in the game in tempo but I don't think they are that similar.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:17 am

prof786 wrote:that may be true, but i would like to say that caesar III music was more contemporary in percussions as it used various traditional instruments to get the point across. i'm expecting even better from caesar IV music.

Game music used to be just something added to fill in the menus and background of games. Game music has come a long ways since then. It's grown in popularity, and many game scores are now sold on CDs. The music in many modern games is almost cinematic. A perfect example is the music I hear in the R&F demo I'm playing.

I'm sure Keith Zizza has some good music in store for Caesar IV.

Hibernian

Postby Hibernian » Thu May 04, 2006 11:47 am

I gotta say, the music in C3 did get on my nerves a little bit after a while, I'm replaying it now (Sarmegituza) and find myself occasionally wishing for war drums!

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu May 04, 2006 11:54 am

At times I will turn off the music for a while, especially in a long session. But, the mood will hit me and I'll turn it back on again the next time I start to play.

Hibernian

Postby Hibernian » Wed May 10, 2006 8:02 am

I think it's actually the whole 'city sounds' thing that gets me the most though, so I can't turn the music off!! :o Just this babble, clatter, bang, yell, mumble, call, bell, music, wheel turning jumble of sounds. I know it must be there in some form coz what city would come to life without it?

Maybe if the sound track and effect were just a little more subtle - COTN was much better than C3 in that regard although there was a fair jump in volume around 10:00 AM! If the music/sounds are eased into more you don't notice them so much and they become what they are supposed to be: the background noise.

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed May 10, 2006 9:02 am

In most games today you can lower the various sound levels in the game. CotN let you ajust them and turn them off entirely. I am assuming that we will see a similar feature in Caesar IV.

Hibernian

Postby Hibernian » Wed May 10, 2006 9:50 am

I know you can turn the sound down, but then you can't hear anything! I want to have my cake and eat it too! :o No, what I was sugesting was a better meld of sound, a gentler move from one game phase or city section to another...

floofthegoof

Postby floofthegoof » Wed May 24, 2006 7:23 pm

Remember this?

"My governers think money grows on trees!"

Hahahaha, Hey voice actor!, learn2read.

Hibernian

Postby Hibernian » Thu May 25, 2006 7:52 am

"Pah!" :D :D lol

goonsquad

Postby goonsquad » Wed May 31, 2006 2:36 am

For those folk who would be interested in a little competitive C3 miltary event, Blue Marble by Caesar Clifford is just starting over at Ancient Maps. As always, it is in hard and easy versions.

Here is the link to the contest page:

http://ancient-maps.com/archives/contest92-c/index.html

As beta tester of the hard version, I can vouch that it will take an exceptional player to reach the end. The easy version, as I understand it, is quite considerably easier but still no walk in the park.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:56 pm

Caesar Three!!!! :D :D :D

how many hours of my life did I spend on this one????

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:29 pm

I'm playing again. I was playing when my drive crasshed and had to restart the campaign. I finished Lutetia and Damascus yesterday and have 90% of Londinium completed as of this morning. :)

dorn

Postby dorn » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:39 pm

Keith wrote:I'm playing again. I was playing when my drive crasshed and had to restart the campaign. I finished Lutetia and Damascus yesterday and have 90% of Londinium completed as of this morning. :)

Well i have played it through today, which is strange for me, cos i have completed the game only twice before (which was in 1998,2000), cos at all the other times i gave up cos it bored me too much.
But this time i kept on playing to prepare for whats coming (CaesarIV), and what i will play next thursday at the GC in leipzig. :D

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:40 pm

To kill time last night, while waiting to see if the demo would be posted early, I started playing CCR again. I completed all the economic missions, Laventum, Capena, Tarentum, Massilia, and got up to Creta before I decided to take a break.

Ziem

Postby Ziem » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:07 am

Hi,

Quick question. As a run up to C4 I decided to take C3 of the shelves and put it on my hd again. However I cannot d/l the 1.1 patch for C3 because it gives me a dead link. Does anyone know where else I can get it? I googled but couldn't fit it.

thx. in advance

Z.

ps. I got the pre 1998 diisc.

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:39 pm

You can get the files fot Caesar III and all the citybuilders from the Sierra downloads pages:

http://www.sierra.com/en/home/downloads.html

Ziem

Postby Ziem » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:18 pm

Tx Keith..

Tried it but... it's a 1.01 patch no the mentioned 1.1 and both the us and uk version don't recognize and accept my pre 1998 version. (which says english version on cd-rom). So I guess I have to have the 1.1 patch. Or are the 1.01 and the 1.1 version the same. (wishing Civ having been released so we wouldn't have to have this talk ;) ).

Z.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:30 pm

They are the same thing. There was only one patch for Caesar III.

Just download the patch language version that matches the language version of the game you have. For purposes of the patch, the U.S. and U.K. versions are considered different language versions.

Is still use my original 1998 version to install the game and then patch it.

Ziem

Postby Ziem » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:01 am

Tx,

Will try it again...I wil let you know whether it works.

Z.

goonsquad

The Imperial Assessment

Postby goonsquad » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:49 am

The Imperial Assessment has started on Ancient Maps!

This series of 6 short missions will be the last great Caesar 3 contest on Ancient Maps/CBC before the arrival of C4. All the Ancient Maps hardheads are playing in hard difficulty so that easy difficulty will be open to players less experienced in contest play.

The six missions are really fast and easy to complete, and guaranteed to be highly enjoyable.

I'm hoping that as many C3 fans (including past C3 fans) as possible will take part in this event, so that this mighty game can go out in a blaze of glory. All the TM forum regulars who are waiting so patiently for C4, all of you are invited to participate.

More information on The Imperial Assessment can be found at the Ancient Maps forum, at this address-

http://www.ancient-maps.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=848

Return to “General Discussion”