Caesar IV Demo Released!

Everything Caesar IV that doesn't fit elsewhere
chocovla

Postby chocovla » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:27 pm

I got the game running(after experiencing the runtime error) after running the registerdll.bat in the c:\Program Files\Sierra\Caesar IV Demo folder.

Sanantone

Postby Sanantone » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:28 pm

I already have the .Net2 installed, I'm the only person using this computer so I *am* admin, but I tried it, and no go, I think it's a dodgy d/load, I'll try it again later with another d/load, I'll post back later.

Sanantone

Postby Sanantone » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:39 pm

chocovla wrote:I got the game running(after experiencing the runtime error) after running the registerdll.bat in the c:\Program Files\Sierra\Caesar IV Demo folder.

YES!!!!!!!! THANK YOU chocolva :D I can now play the demo :D , this should be stickied for others who have the runtime trouble. thanks all for the replies :) .

Anya

Postby Anya » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:57 am

I downloaded the demo a few hours ago, but it wouldn't install. So I thought I must have a corrupted copy....it taking 20 mins to download! Silly me thinking that was long! I have tried to download from a couple of places just now and the time quoted is 2hrs+......must be a lot of players out there :D Good news for TM.....but I think I'll wait a day or two and try again :)

craigmason

demo

Postby craigmason » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:02 am

are any magazine's like pc gamer including it on there demo discs?

aportos

The Game is not ready

Postby aportos » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:19 pm

Instead of asking us about our hardware and software you shoudl FIX the game.

I meet all the specs, have a Gforce and Soundbaster, 2Gigs of RAM.

So why to I have to run the RegisterDLL.bat just to get the game to work?

Why Does the game lock up my machine and sound like a jackhammer through the speakers?

'cause the game is not ready yet...... make us wait.... get the game fixed.

I wanted to buy it, but after this Demo .... I will wait untill the reviews and see if you FIX it.... :mad:

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:54 pm

As with all software there are always problems of compatability with the infinite variety of hardware & software combinations on all the computers out there. Somethings don't interact well, there is no way they can program for all possible situations.

The thing is many of us have the demo working and aren't having any problems. So it's not so much the demo that is at fault, but system it is being installed on.

There is obviously something on the systems of those having problems causing difficulties. Since we cannot see your computer we have to ask you for your computer information to try to diagnose the problem from there. Some people have gotten their problems fixed. Others have not.

Just so you are aware, I'm just trying to help out here on the boards, I am not a TM employee so don't blame TM if you object to my reply.

clobberella

Postby clobberella » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:02 pm

Demo looks pretty good, even with my comp barely meeting the min specs. If like me you foolishly uninstalled .NET Framework 2.0 'cause you never used it, don't worry the demo re-installs it for you :o . :D , just be patient it takes several minutes. Also I read in the VUG C4 forum that you have to click to install directX whether you need it or not, or you will have problems running the demo.
I was able to get the demo downloaded in an hour (156kbps) at fangaming.com, mind you it was 1am PDT. I tried the VU/Sierra mirror before that but it was going to take 21hrs at 6.76 kbps!
Last edited by clobberella on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:40 pm

clobberella wrote:Demo looks pretty good, even with my comp barely meeting the min specs. If like me you foolishly uninstalled .NET Framework 2.0 'cause you never used it, don't worry the demo re-installs it for you :o . :D , just be patient it takes several minutes. Also I read in the VUG C4 forum that you have to click to install directX whether you need it or not, or you will have problems running the demo.
I was able to get the demo downloaded in an hour (156kbps) at fangaming.com, mind you it was 1am PDT. I tried the VU/Sierra mirror before that but it was going to take 21hrs at 6.76 kbps!

Yeah, the Sierra FTP server is probably being overwhelmed.

Fishrob

Postby Fishrob » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:37 pm

I GOT DEMO FROM HERETHE SIERRA MIRROR WAS SO SLOOOW GAMERSHELL WAS MUCH QUICKER.
IN THE GAME HOWEVER,AS STATED BEFORE THE WORKERS WALK VERY BRISKLY,AND THERE IS A BIT OF LAG TOO,I HAD TROUBLE GETTING WORKERS INTO THE PUMP HOUSE, AND TO LINK THE AQUADUCTS UP IT WAS HARD TO GET IT TO JOIN UP TO THE RES.
ABOUT IT FOR NOW THO,I HAVE TOLD LADIES AND CHIN TOO

FISH

Fishrob

Postby Fishrob » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:44 pm

I Didn't Have A Problem Playing The Game Or Installing It Either So Try Thr Uk Mirror,i Meet The Spec,but I Do Make Pc's So I Have No Conflicts With Hardware.

neosupreeth

Postby neosupreeth » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:40 am

aaaaaargh

clobberella

Postby clobberella » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:29 am

Neosupreeth,
Did you click to install directx? Even if you don't need the latest version, you still have to leave this enabled when installing the game (it won't re-install it if its not required), see http://www.caesariv.com/support
:o You are right Keith, I was being a little harsh on them, it is to be expected really, under the circumstances. :)
Last edited by clobberella on Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fishrob

Postby Fishrob » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:39 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Titus

Postby Titus » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:16 pm

neosupreeth wrote:Image

aaaaaargh

The same problem......why,why......????????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sameone could give me help please?

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:41 am

More than likely your video card is not DX9 compliant. Post a copy of your dxdiag.txt file.

Marthanna

Postby Marthanna » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:44 am

I got the demo installed fine, agreed to the DirectX prompt even though I already have it installed.

I had to pull myself away last night (people need to sleep!) and I have a feeling this will be my "Caesar IV" Labor Day Weekend!

Thanks for what I think is going to be a great game! :)

Martha

CraigT

Postby CraigT » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:34 pm

I've seen some screen shots around that are zoomed in a lot closer than what is seen in the demo. Is the release version going to allow getting in a lot closer? That would be nice. :-)

Craig

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:36 pm

CraigT wrote:I've seen some screen shots around that are zoomed in a lot closer than what is seen in the demo. Is the release version going to allow getting in a lot closer? That would be nice. :-)

Craig

More and better zooming in will be in the full version, that is already said by the Devs. :)

Welcome to the forums! :)

CraigT

Postby CraigT » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:22 am

Thanks for the reply. That should make it really nice but I'm going to have to hold off getting it until it some driver compatibility issues are resolved(hopefully that will mean the release version).

Craig

Return to “General Discussion”