Slaves??!?!?!?!?!

Have suggestions for Caesar IV? Post 'em here!
Britanicus

Include it all... as options!

Postby Britanicus » Mon May 21, 2007 12:52 pm

There are many varied reasons for playing a game like C4, not least is to get into the mind set of a powerful ruler and make the crucial decisions that go with that role, pleasant and unpleasant. Personally I would welcome the inclusion of any and all 'unpleasant' duties including latrine emptying for example, they should be included as options so that anyone who would be offended could disable it. It's all subjective, what we find abhorent today was accepted as part of everyday life. Two true example of this is that one of the most sought after jobs in the court of Henry VIII was Royal Arse Wiper: :p or that in Roman Britain sponges on sticks were used as arse wipes and then had to washed out for re-use by a 'lucky' pleb. To continue with the toilet theme,in C4 if you zoom in to a Clinic and wait you will see, and hear the doc coming back and pissing in the urinal, great, we all have to do it.

The problem with games, movies, TV shows etc is that there has to be a trade off between historical accuracy and entertainment. For example, Holywood's take on WWII events or how Native American's were treated are just two among many. Now for the bit most of you won't like... America have a serious PC problem! Thankfully it doesn't exist to the same extent in the UK, although recently we have had politians 'apologising' :rolleyes: for slavery that happened over 200 years ago.
Last edited by Britanicus on Mon May 21, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snaged911

Postby snaged911 » Mon May 21, 2007 2:32 pm

Rnett wrote:Call them captives, then people won't get their nose bent out of shape... :eek:

Sillt people, slavery was abolished in 1865, thats why there arn't slaves in CoTN :D

cjoe1994

They Are There I Saw Them!

Postby cjoe1994 » Mon May 21, 2007 9:02 pm

:eek: I SAW THEM! They were building up a Domus because i gave them luxury goods. It had to be them :eek:

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Mon May 21, 2007 9:35 pm

cjoe1994 wrote: :eek: I SAW THEM! They were building up a Domus because i gave them luxury goods. It had to be them :eek:

Case Closed! :D

Return to “Suggestions”