Casar V(!)

Have suggestions for Caesar IV? Post 'em here!
Jan Gronvik

Caesar V

Postby Jan Gronvik » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:16 am

I have upgraded my suggestions for Caesar V. Feel free to comment.

Regards,

Jan

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

qwe

Postby qwe » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:47 pm

i think that there are too much building in your list. maybe they will put it where you build the colisome or ciuric for the building projects so you can have them both as city wide coverage.

i like the idea of tourist in your maybe they can be another soruce of income.
Last edited by qwe on Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

CobraA1

Postby CobraA1 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:15 pm

Well, here are some major things I'd like to see in a Caesar 5:

-Overhauled graphics system. Right now, it seems pretty sluggish. Perhaps it should be rewritten with speed and modularity in mind. The core graphics should be minimalistic and fast, but easily extended to add all of the stuff people expect.

-Some great stuff has come out since C4's release, like multi-core systems and DirectX 10 :) . Take advantage of them.

-Larger maps.

-Get rid of the favor countdown clock. I'd like to play my games indefinitely if I desire.

-And of course, improve everything :) . There's probably lots of small stuff that can be improved and tweaked.

-Don't wait too long to start working on it - please?

clayson4908

Postby clayson4908 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:12 pm

"Kiya" wrote:Very good suggestions :) But I would like to have a new CB game set in another culture, be it Indian, MesoAmerican, Japanese....something quite fresh and different. Not that I mind if we had an expansion for CoTN. :D

I definitely second Kiya call for a new culture -- my picks would by Mayan and Japanese -- but any new culture would be fine with me.

clayson4908

Postby clayson4908 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:15 pm

"Cipher" wrote:Jan I really liked your suggestions for Caesar V, I'd also suggest salt mining or a salt works connected to a brine well or the ocean, because apparently the Romans preferred situating their colonia close to salt supplies. Salt really isn't a patrician luxury. (Really we shouldn't be building pumphouses next to the sea!)

I noticed you listed inns and hotels, and it'd be good to see tourism as another income stream, which would only be available when the city was beautiful enough, by either civic beautification, or preferably when the ratio of housing to roads, fountains, and gardens was at the right level to suggest plazas and boulevards.

Also I'd like to see ethnicities tied to neighborhoods the way the Macedonian Greeks and the Jews had different areas in Alexandria, with "colleges" and specific religious structures for each ethnic group - and perhaps there could be some street fighting for the prefects to put down.

A good suggestion since Roman armies were often paid in salt.

Jaguars

Postby Jaguars » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:58 am

Lower sys requirements and interesting like C3, if you could ! I need to buy a higher graphic card to play C4, but many people say it's really lag at all, even you have a 2GB RAM or QuadCore.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:29 pm

We can all hope there will be a "next" game, but with the merging of Sierra with Activision I think the line of "Caesars" has come to an end.

Caesar IV is not one of the games that Activision-Blizzard (the new company) has chosen to pickup and keep in its line. The online server is already gone and soon the boards at Sierra will be eliminated at a date yet to be announced. The Caesar IV website may also be taken down.

If you have the time you may want to grab a copy of the Caesar IV patches to have stored on CD since those FTP servers, where they are currently stored, may also disappear at some point.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:38 pm

"Keith" wrote:We can all hope there will be a "next" game, but with the merging of Sierra with Activision I think the line of "Caesars" has come to an end.

Tilted Mill bought COTN back !!! :) :) :)

Caesar IV & the rights to the entire Impressions series should be NEXT!

...or down the line somewhere...

However, to be very clear, I do not want TM to be deterred from their continuing mission to bring fresh & new games for all of us to play & enjoy FIRST!

...to boldly go where no game studio has gone before!...

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:27 pm

That would be great, but they don't have to. They could develope a game and just call it something else, just like they did with CotN. But it would be nice to have that tie-in and name recognition with the old series. It would make marketing a bit easier.

Sierra has a tendency to hold the copyrights to their games for just about forever, but that could change now that they are part of Activision-Blizzard. So I wouldn't count on the Caesar, Pharaoh, Zeus, or Emperor name-titles to come up for sale.

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:41 pm

In the file there are a lot of buildings that in my opinion they can realise with a Patch.

In Caesar V I'd like to see a new graphic with a new military operation without neglecting the management of the city where I will do a mix between Caesar III Caesar IV

goonsquad

Postby goonsquad » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:30 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Caesar IV & the rights to the entire Impressions series should be NEXT!

The Impressions series I suspect are a bit long in the tooth to do much with now, but to me C4 is a bit of a tragedy. It could really be made into something very special by someone who loves it, like its makers, but unfortunately I very much doubt TM are in any position to be buying the rights to this game in order to do this.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:06 pm

Goonsquad is right. TM (ex-Impressions) don't hold the rights to Caesar III or IV. Those rights are held by Sierra, which is now part of Activision-Blizzard and no longer a independent game publisher.

Even if that was not the case, I'm afraid that Caesar III is just to old to invest any new money into for patches or add-ons. Sierra had 8 years after the release of Caesar III to come up with patches and add-ons for Caesar III before Caesar IV.

The most we can probably hope for is a new game with new features and buildings sometime in the future.

punisherfrosty

Postby punisherfrosty » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:04 pm

"Keith" wrote:Goonsquad is right. TM (ex-Impressions) don't hold the rights to Caesar III or IV. Those rights are held by Sierra, which is now part of Activision-Blizzard and no longer a independent game publisher.

Even if that was not the case, I'm afraid that Caesar III is just to old to invest any new money into for patches or add-ons. Sierra had 8 years after the release of Caesar III to come up with patches and add-ons for Caesar III before Caesar IV.

The most we can probably hope for is a new game with new features and buildings sometime in the future.

just to correct ya dude, sierra was owned by vivendi, they always were. vivendi owns activision blizzard.

I do think they need to upgrade the over all feel too it. i personally liked all verisons of the game and I would like to see more for that matter. I do think as well that they could possibly make another type of city builder that isnt like caesar, if they wanted too.

if they do make a new one, they must put some sorta trade system in there or some sort so that we can trade between districts.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:15 am

Sierra was orignally Sierra Online, then they were bought up by another company, Centrex or something like that, sometime before the release of Caesar III in the early to mid-90s, then they were owned by Vivendi, then it was Vivendi/Universal, then it was Vivendi Entertainment, and then it became just Sierra once again. Sierra merged with Activision last November 2008 and it became Activision-Blizzard officially in March 2009 when the Sierra sites closed down.
Last edited by Keith on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:25 am

Man, we have been doing this too long :P

After Sierra Online they were Sierra Interactive. And If I remember my ancient history Before that they were ON-Line Systems or something like that. Ken and Roberta Williams were the founders..

/turns off the way back machine...

Edit, I was close but not perfect - lol - I found this link..
Moby Games, History for Sierra Entertainment

lol Now that's a long time ago!
Last edited by PantherX on Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revision and link
:cool:

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Yep, it's ancient history. "Space Quest" was the first game I ever played from Sierra Online in the early to mid 80s. Adventure games had just gone graphic. Before that the games were all text adventure games like "Zork" or Infocom's "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy".

I ordered the Space Quest pack when Sierra re-released them shortly before they decided to merge with Activision. Same old games and graphics, they were just altered slightly to allow them to run on the newer computers. They also re-released Police Quest and King's Quest packs.
Last edited by Keith on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Yep, fun games, I believe I still have a copy of Police Quest and 2 Kings quest adventures. I never was able to really figure out Leisure Suit Larry. I have to say that Phantasmagoria 1&2 was quite the blast and there was another adventure story but I can't seem to remember the name.

hmmm... ;)

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:26 pm

Possibly "Heroes Quest"?

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:45 am

Maybe, or perhaps I am thinking of another company but i seem to remember it being like phantasamagora without all the blood

Looking through my collection real quick I realized I have an unopened box of Police Quest Collectors edition (volumes 1-4) with special interviews and such.. lol

salsarow

Postby salsarow » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:19 pm

"Gronvik" wrote:Here are my suggestions for a coming Caesar V. What do you think?

Regards,
Jan

Hello Gronvik,

Love the list...my only problem is you missed the most important one...A GAME THAT DOESN'T CRASH!

Return to “Suggestions”