Easier More Fun City Planning

Have suggestions for Caesar IV? Post 'em here!
Exectech

Postby Exectech » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Here's a thought maybe more cumbersome that helpful, but here it is anyway.

I love the organic feel that Caesar IV gives my cities as I add more and more. The city grows out of necessity rather than a pure plan. However sometimes I want to pause the game and plan out my whole city before I purchase a single building. This is difficult to do. If you miscalculate the amount of space you need for multiple buildings it becomes very expensive to undo your work, or you end up choosing to restart the scenario. This dilemma gave me an idea on something you could implement that would probably make the planning stage easier and more fun.

You would need to implement two distinct modes/interfaces in the game a build mode and a plan mode. Build mode would be the way the game currently plays, but in plan mode you would place mock buildings. Mock buildings are building place holders. Mock buildings also don’t cost anything or have any affect on game play, but would appear in both modes of play. Mock buildings would look just like regular buildings except they would be grayed out or have a transparent “ghost” effect applied.

When entering into plan mode the game should automatically pause, the music should change, and the look of the interface should change. It should be visually obvious to the player that he is no longer in build mode. The player will be unable to place mock building where other building or terrain resides. If the player tries to clear terrain using the clear tool a message should appear indicating the player must be in build mode to clear terrain. This should signify to the player that removing terrain will be permanent. (The last few statements are technical assumptions of the terrain and not design decisions.) The clear tool should allow the player to remove mock buildings when in plan mode.

You can’t select mock buildings in Build Mode, but you should have an option to build all in Plan Mode. There should be a counter that gives total cost of building all the current mock buildings. If a player builds a building over a mock building in build mode the mock building should be removed. There should also be a clear all option to remove all mock buildings. (Another technical assumption: A problem that could arise is the slight terrain contour changes that happen when a player places a building. I’m assuming those same changes would happen when placing a mock building as well.)

immexia09

Postby immexia09 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Is there an easier way to remove products from the "New Products" category when they arent new anymore?
It would be super slick if this was automated and the time frame could be chosen by the admin.

OtakuFuel

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:33 am

Spambots Gone Wild....

Return to “Suggestions”