Outside The Box

Have suggestions for Caesar IV? Post 'em here!
Magus

Outside The Box

Postby Magus » Thu May 29, 2008 4:56 pm

I've had no reason to even consider playing video games until I spotted Caesar IV at Fry's recently. Hm, historically-based simulation with interactivity, both singular and multiple via online play? Okay, sign me up.

Only later did I learn, from teeny tiny fine print, that Caesar doesn't play well with Vista, the OS on my laptop. And Caesar is WAY too advanced for the video card on my desktop.

How about a big, legible warning on the package that cautions Vista users about the compatibility problems before purchase? Come to think of it, such a warning would have been useful on my laptop...

Magus

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu May 29, 2008 7:47 pm

Vista was not out when Caesar IV was released. Vista was still in beta at that time.

While it is not on the box, there is a warning in the readme.txt file that Windows Vista is not supported. That means there is no official tech support from Sierra for the game installed on Vista.

While I am not one of them, there are quite a few people running Caesar IV on Vista. Every computer is different...some can some can't.

I should add that Sierra is the publisher and owner of the game. They handle things like marketing, packaging and sales, etc.

Return to “Suggestions”