Combine AofE graphics with Caeser logistics

Have suggestions for Caesar IV? Post 'em here!
wulphstein

Combine AofE graphics with Caeser logistics

Postby wulphstein » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:25 pm

I always wished that other games like Age of Empires, etc., had the logistical and organizational structure that 3 had. For example, the raising of massive armies requires the wealth and overall development of cities; but cities should be constructed with some attention to where temples, granaries, houses, stores, etc., are placed. In other words, if your city is badly laid out with ore mines on one side of the map and weapon smiths on the other side of the map, your economy will suffer. If your economy suffers, your military suffers with lack of supplies, slow replenishment of new legions, etc. So, when the enemy attacks, you badly designed city will be destroyed. Likewise, if your city is well organized, you get to build lots of well equipped legions, cavalry, etc.

Also, it would be nice to have the flexibility to be a city architect, like in Caeser III, but then put on your General hat and go fight a battle with graphics that equal AofE (and its cousins). Perhaps battles take place in short cycles so that you have time to put your Governor hat back on, tear down a few walls and expand your city.

Basically, take Age of Empires, mix it with Caeser 3, and get Caeser 4 (or some other military/city building game). :)
Last edited by wulphstein on Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sitearm

Professional life in the military?

Postby sitearm » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:55 pm

Good thoughts! I've played a little Empire Earth (like Age of Empires) and agree, the economic construction is simplistic. More realistic economy building is more fun.

Adding another thought: What about more realistic professional military building beyond just forts and training halls?

For example, have a detailed command structure from battle team leaders to force leaders to overall generals, where leaders must train and be trained, deal with morale and insubordination, stock the mess hall and armory etc. Professionals in real military organizations, of necessity, spend over 80% of the time training and renewing the organization and under 20% on actual duty. That is why militaries are so costly.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:40 pm

bump

reachrishikh

Postby reachrishikh » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:23 pm

:eek:
What are you bumping it now for? Caesar 5?

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:06 pm

Can be used in any game not just Caesar V :p
I have had enough Greece and Rome for one lifetime anyways ;)

Vespacianus

Postby Vespacianus » Sun May 11, 2008 12:16 am

Well, perhaps mixing the elements of Caesar/Pharoah with any of the Total War series (or games like it, such as Imperial Glory) would get what you want, wulphstein.

Can't there possibly be MODERN version of this formula out there? Maybe SimCity+Caesar elements?

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun May 11, 2008 2:04 pm

I just agreed with you in another thread. RTW + Caesar IV. I have made that suggestion once before a long while back.

Return to “Suggestions”