Just A Pray .....

Have suggestions for Caesar IV? Post 'em here!
Papete

Just A Pray .....

Postby Papete » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:33 pm

I am on my knees praying, with my heart in one hand and a wallet in the other, "PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't forget mac people!!!! It is a long time we are looking for a copy of Caesar III (that we love in such a deep way) but it was impossile to find one.
PLEASE PLEASE make CAESAR IV also running on Mac, it will take such few time but you will make feel happy so much people!!!

Thanks, thanks a lot because I know you will hear my pray

:o :o :o :o

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:03 pm

I seriously doubt if there will be a Mac version. The game is being contracted by VUG/Sierra and they long ago gave up all Mac support. In fact, Caesar III was the game that convinced them that Mac sales were not worth the effort.

The Mac version of Caesar III sold only 12,000 copies vs. 350,000 PC copies at the time the decision to abandon Mac support was made according to the information that was made public by VUG/Sierra at the time.

Suspenders

Postby Suspenders » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:46 pm

What about a Mac "direct download" version right from the Tilted Mill website? Also, any idea how much work is involved in making a mac version?

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:17 pm

I don't think that will be possible either. VUG/Sierra own the rights to the game. TM is the developer and couldn't do it without VUG/Sierra's permission.

Mac an Toisich

Games like this on VirtualPC?

Postby Mac an Toisich » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:31 am

I don't know how many if any other Mac-heads are reading here, but I wonder if anyone has any experience with recent PC-only games on VirtualPC or the like. I know that in the olden days (yeah, I've been a computer gamer since we were doing it with punch cards) game programs were so heavily hardware-dependent that emulators like VirtualPC stood absolutely no chance of running them. But I wonder if that's still true today?

I'd love to get into Caesar IV, but it's only going to happen if VirtualPC can handle it, obviously. I'm sorry Sierra made the wrong decision about Mac games, but there's little to be done about it now. They're certainly not the first, and I'm sure they won't be the last.

Civilization IV is coming to the Mac, so I'll have something to look forward to anyway.

Mac an Toisich

wodinoneeye

Postby wodinoneeye » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:56 am

Keith wrote:I don't think that will be possible either. VUG/Sierra own the rights to the game. TM is the developer and couldn't do it without VUG/Sierra's permission.

Thats assuming they could justify the money/resources to port it (the graphics system is probably the most difficult part to convert...).
They will probably have enough problems making the windows one work on time...

CaitGrey

Postby CaitGrey » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:43 pm

I'm sure if there is real demand for a Mac version, the developers/owners or whoever decides will give it serious consideration.
Why shouldn't they?

Norbi

Postby Norbi » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:28 pm

When i heard C4 was coming out, i was so unbelievably happy, then to see that the game looks like it does i was even happier. Then.. what's this... it seems only a PC release. NOOOOOOOO!

So i thought i'd just bump this thread with my support for the C4 to Mac campain :D Out of all of my close friends, 1 uses a PC, and 6 use Macs (a few others dont have computers) I also know that a lot of people i chat to online use Macs. They are becoming more and more popular. Sure, the market isn't as big as PCs, but it is still huge! It would be fully unfair to not let any of us play it on some of the most powerful home computers available (C4 would run beatifully on my G5).

As has been said before, i would say a huge reason for the low sales is that it's almost impossible to find it. You have to go online, which not a lot of people can/want to do. When i go to GAME/Virgin/Woolworths/etc... i can see a huge selection of PC games, but where are the Mac games... there are none (or any GameCube games for that matter [well, very few] but that's not important here)

Well i know that may not help anything. But i had to get that out.

wodinoneeye

Postby wodinoneeye » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:28 am

Suspenders wrote:What about a Mac "direct download" version right from the Tilted Mill website? Also, any idea how much work is involved in making a mac version?

Its a complete port and thus expensive to do it. Both the input and output systems are different enough to have to rewrite alot of the program (and test and fix etc...). The packaging is the least of the problem.

Maybe in future with Macs using Intel hardware the emulators might be easier to work through.

nidelc

bitte C4 für mac

Postby nidelc » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:32 pm

hallo,

bitte bringt das c4 für den mac. viele meiner freunde spielten schon das alte spiel auf dem mac. ich habe viele städte gebaut und viele interessante stunden am rechner verbracht :D . ich glaube die resonanz bei uns in zentraleuropa wäre sicher gross. würde mich sehr freuen. ich hoffe bis bald ;) .

grz

nidelc

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:43 pm

Not for mac yet, maybe someday.

PeHaSys

If you do it for Mac, compile it for GNU/Linux as well.

Postby PeHaSys » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:53 am

Just my input. If someone is considering porting the game to Mac, extending the port to compile for GNU/Linux should be quite simple, IMO. :-)

I doubt anyone will bother, but...

Thanks,

- Peter.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:15 pm

PeHaSys wrote:I doubt anyone will bother, but...

...a patch first! I think there are a lot of people waiting for that one too.

Seems to me someone really doesn't bother very much.... :eek:

Gizza

Postby Gizza » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:16 pm

C4 is written on the .NET Framework which doesn't exist on the Mac (yet?). So I imagine it would have to almost be a complete rewrite to get it to ported. And its probably not worth it. Most gamers with a Mac either use bootcamp or have a dedicated gaming PC anyways.

Neander

Caesar 4 on Mac please

Postby Neander » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:10 am

A lot of Mac users who are gamers, or even just play the occassional game, would like to see this on the Mac very much. I am one of them. You should really make this available for the Mac, it's a travesty I won't be able to play it on my new iMac.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:21 pm

I do not use Mac but can't you do a virtual Windows XP and run ANY windows program? I seem to hear the Mac guys saying that all the time.

I don't know because I have never needed a Mac.
:cool:

Return to “Suggestions”