Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 23

Johno

Caesar IV Performance

Postby Johno » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:11 pm

Looking at all the compaints, I know it isnt just me. If you go to all the trouble of making a new version of caesar, you may as well do it well. Judging by the demo, all you have done is made it 3D.... badly. The Demo is too laggy, the graphics are not even that good, which is the real annoyance. The streets are nearly empty as well, and the advisers take nearly 2 seconds to load. I have played faster paced games, with better graphics than this, with no lag. I play this, and its jerky and delayed. I know the full version may be better, but if it isnt, I will want my money back. If you agree with me, vote :-)

- Johno

bexgames

Postby bexgames » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:32 pm

the full version is better, and, unfortunately, I know some people have had problems, but I haven't had any. On the big maps, it started to slow down a bit, but I turned off shadows, and now my game is purring like a kitten, "leaving vapor trails", as MD says. The only problem I now have with the game, is I can't manage my spending!! :D

eperdos

Postby eperdos » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:45 pm

well, I know nothing about how a game consume more resources and why, but look at thse 2 sys specs:

caesar 4:
Minimum Requirements:
Intel® Pentium® 4 1.6 GHz or equivalent AMD® AthlonT processor
512 MB of RAM .
64MB video card
2.0 GB of free hard disk space . CD-Rom Drive . DirectX® 9.0c

fifa2007:
minimum requirements:
PIV 1300,
256MB RAM,
64MB video card
1.2GB HDD,

my system:
athlon 2600+ barton (1918mhz)
512 ram
128 mb radeon 9600 pro
plenty hdd

I have all specs higher xcept memory, I have just 512 mb.
fifa07 runs at my computer perfect, with maximum settings
caesar 4 runs ok only with medium-low settings.and on big maps, still goes slightly laggy.
my memory is not completly used, I can see about 50-60 mb of ram still free when I play caesar 4. if I had 1 gb of ram, will the game run smoothlier?

Johno

Postby Johno » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:23 pm

i also get odd lines appear across the ground in my game as well... Looks like a bug rather deliberate. Not too annoying. :-) Its just the lag, but if thats the demo, yey :-D

Full version is not out in UK yet...

eperdos

Postby eperdos » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:42 pm

how come that game is not in uk? I have mine from london, my best man gt it and send it... :confused:

Buzz137

Postby Buzz137 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:52 pm

Hey, could u help me, please?

mine gets laggy just when zoom is out, if it's in the performance becomes better.

I've tried everything, update the drivers, turn off all the grafic options (the water is a problem), and play in window... and nothing.

do u know sth else i could do? do u want a dxdiag file?

thx

Aumtehoutep

Postby Aumtehoutep » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:57 pm

I have no idea what is wrong ... the game seems to load fine and I can place buildings... but no people ever show up to live in the city ... I can set the speed to normal, fast, slow .... it doesn't matter ... no people ...

I've played all the previous Ceasar games and been very impressed with them ... until now .. this is an incredible dissapointment for something that had me excited since they announced they were making the new CeasarIV

Now I'm thinking the proper responce is to send the developers a thankyou box of expensive chocolates .... encased in a cubic ton of cement and chickenwire ...

bexgames

Postby bexgames » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:39 pm

Aumtehoutep wrote:I have no idea what is wrong ... the game seems to load fine and I can place buildings... but no people ever show up to live in the city ... I can set the speed to normal, fast, slow .... it doesn't matter ... no people ...

I don't think yours is a technical issue Aumtehoutep, maybe this thread can help.
http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10486
good luck! :)

hudarsono

The same problem

Postby hudarsono » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Johno wrote:Looking at all the compaints, I know it isnt just me. If you go to all the trouble of making a new version of caesar, you may as well do it well. Judging by the demo, all you have done is made it 3D.... badly. The Demo is too laggy, the graphics are not even that good, which is the real annoyance. The streets are nearly empty as well, and the advisers take nearly 2 seconds to load. I have played faster paced games, with better graphics than this, with no lag. I play this, and its jerky and delayed. I know the full version may be better, but if it isnt, I will want my money back. If you agree with me, vote :-)

- Johno

I also ecounter the same problem with demo version. Although I think my specs already enough. It's my spec
Intel Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz
DDRAM 1GB PC 3200
Video Card HIS Radeon X1600Pro 256MB
I wonder if the problem is the bug of Caesar iv, coz i have played Splinter Cell DA well on my computer. Is anybody have s comment on this?

Return to “Community Technical Support (Demo)”