Bug when start the Demo

For demo technical or performance issues
Phil Walker

Understood

Postby Phil Walker » Wed May 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Do know that both the game and demo came out before Vista did, and since the demo was never optimized you will run into things along the way. Don't think once you get the game that if your F: drive is virtual you'll get away with it, but with the DX9 installed and all else you have done, there is little else you can do with the demo. So, good luck and hope you'll be able to enjoy it.

Sincerely,
Phil

haplo888

Postby haplo888 » Wed May 13, 2009 5:49 pm

So I could have problems with the full version just because of a virtual CD drive? Even if it's a downloaded version and has nothing to do with a CD (like the demo)? I understand that some people might misuse them but that shouldn't exclude the rest of us.

I bought COTN on Gamers Gate and have no problems at all. Could that be an indication that I should be OK if I buy Caesars?

Haplo

Phil Walker

Facts

Postby Phil Walker » Wed May 13, 2009 7:40 pm

The reason the full game will have problems is it includes SecuROM, which is the copy protection. It is set up to seek out both the drives and the programs that create them and once found, it will not work properly if at all. This is done so you cannot install the game via or on a virtual drive so as to attempt to "break" the protection. So, this is why it is the way it is.

As to download versions, I can't say but we also don't offer support for them here. That is the responsibility of the place you get it from as it has been modified to allow the game to be played without the Cd/DVD. We only offer official support for hard copy versions here and we are only unpaid volunteers who do this to help and support TM, who developed the game.

Sincerely,
Phil

CaboUppom

Bug when start the Demo

Postby CaboUppom » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:48 am

ok so i finally got my new computer and have been playing COD4 on it... but now that im trying to get normal ET to work its having some trouble... i have the program running as an adminstrator and it says when i try to connect to GP that its having trouble finding a verified pak. file doesnt give me any error numbers or anything just asks me to verify my installation... so dont know whats going on... any suggestions?

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:12 am

ET? GP?

Not Caesar IV? Can't help you there.

Return to “Community Technical Support (Demo)”